[OLD] 0.3.4 Overhaul Mod

Depends on the virus species, i know there are MASSIVE viruses out there, or viruses similiar size to our cells.

1 Like

Those are very, very rare, and viruses like that wouldn’t exist at the early stage of life in Thrive.

2 Likes

Maybe u can make the predator cels attack other cels not only the player

1 Like

Maybe you’d rather ask Untrustedlife about that.

1 Like

How do u install that

That’s one of the rewritten scripts, it only works with the latest code / upcoming release.

1 Like

how do you back up the Thrive folder? is it like copying it and putting it in a different location or is it something else? I want to know before I download the mod so I don’t mess something up.

it’s literally just copying it and pasting it in a different folder

1 Like

That’s what I thought it meant but I just wanted to make sure. Thank you.

what is meant by Unpack? When I right click it doesn’t show Unpack as an option. Sorry, I’m new to mod installing.

unpacking is decompressing the file (turning it from a .zip into a folder. The folder has been compressed beforehand to decrease filesize). This is done by selecting the .zip and going to the taskbar, selecting the “unpack”-tab, selectnig “unpack all” and choosing the directory it will unpack to (that is, if you’re using windows, otherwise I don’t know)

1 Like

Thank you.

it’s a .rar file, not .zip. what do I do then? I’m on Windows I’m sorry, I just want to make sure I know what I’m doing. @Omicron
Thank you so much for your help

U probobly have Win Rar its the same i think

Ah I see. Then you need a program like WinRAR or 7zip (I personally use winRAR), which, after installing the program, allow you to right click the file and select either “extract here” (which will extract the file to the folder you’re currently in, though I wouldn’t advise using it, since if you don’t put in in a subfolder beforehand, but in, for example, your downloads folder, it’ll result in a pretty messy folder) or “extract files…”, which will then open a screen where you can either select a specific path it will extract to, or just press “ok” to extract the contents to the folder it’s currently in (in a subfolder though, so it’s not like the “extract here” option)

1 Like

I created a copy of Thrive, so if I were to put the .rar file in one of the Thrive folders, then extract, it would be in the folder, is winrar free?

Yeah, winRAR is free (it supposedly has a 30-day trial period but you can close the popup that asks you to buy the programs forever, so you can still use it after 30 days)

Because of that belgium I much prefer people to tell to get 7zip because it is free software and works even better.

2 Likes

Well the thing is, winRAR knows the average Joe won’t pay money for their program. This all actually works as a great way to make the programs well-known (case in point: we’re currently talking about it). This then causes bigger companies and schools and the like to use the program, who have to pay for it, otherwise winRAR might sue them. Basically, except for the pop-up, winRAR is, for all purposes except legality, a free program, and even the people that own the program agree.

1 Like

It still isn’t free and open source software. And you are technically (probably, I haven’t actually read the license for it, because I don’t want such poor software on my system) breaking the license terms if you don’t buy it.
And even then it is pretty terrible as a software, I used it once on some computer it was pre-installed on and it was pretty bad user experience.

But this discussion is getting a bit off topic…

1 Like