0.4.1 Midgame crash

As the title suggests the game crashed part way. I’m unclear what other specific information I can add. Included is the crash dump. Occasionally when clicking into Editor mode the game would freeze with the Window Title saying: “Not Responding” but afaik this crash was not when the Editor was trying to open it was in the moving around exploring part of the game.

Having a look at the crash dump it says GPU: UNKNOWN but it should say: GTX 1050Ti I assume this would also explain why the game never used the GPU and the loading videos stutter a lot and I skip them by pressing Escape.

Launcher log:

Crash dump:

1 Like

Could you include your ThriveLogOGRE.txt as that should have all the information about the detected graphics etc.

It might also contain the actual crash reason as from the crash dump I see that the error is Ogre failing to write to texture in the GUI updating:

1  RenderSystem_GL3Plus.dll!Ogre::ExceptionFactory::throwException(Ogre::Exception::ExceptionCodes,int,std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,std::allocator<char> > const &,std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,std::allocator<char> > const &,char const *,long) [ogreexception.h : 280 + 0x26]
    rbp = 0x00000064fffee459   rsp = 0x00000064fffee3a0
    rip = 0x00007ffca14c3809
    Found by: previous frame's frame pointer
 2  RenderSystem_GL3Plus.dll!Ogre::v1::GL3PlusTextureBuffer::download(Ogre::PixelBox const &) [ogregl3plustexturebuffer.cpp : 384 + 0x4a]
6  Engine.dll!Leviathan::GUI::View::OnPaint(scoped_refptr<CefBrowser>,cef_paint_element_type_t,std::vector<CefRect,std::allocator<CefRect> > const &,void const *,int,int) [guiview.cpp : 544 + 0xb]

@Untrustedlife this might be this issue (but on Windows this might cause a crash): https://github.com/Revolutionary-Games/Thrive/issues/654

ThriveLogOGRE.txt

https://pastebin.com/wyxDKGhq

This is the interesting part: “OGRE EXCEPTION(7:InternalErrorException): Texture Buffer: Out of memory in GL3PlusTextureBuffer::download”