0.5.8 Feedback thread

Okay, I’ll do it in points
• it’s at least impossible to be heterotrophic MCO because of two reasons: flagella poining every direction are slowing the organism down, and at higher cell counts phagocytosis can’t provide organism with enough glucose. Even spamming flagella on cells won’t make them fast enough to chase down any prokaryotes living there.

My Ideas for what can be done:
• some sort of niche system, where every biome has its own niches, with some sort of system making non-player’s cells more likely to spread to new niches more or less successfully.
• non-player’s cells at least making something like colonies of algae (like in spore)

I really hope someone will read this

2 Likes

Hello, I just downloaded the game because I am a huge biology nerd and I wanted to help in its production in any way I could.

So, let me begin, I played the game for about 20~30 minutes and then it crashed, I don’t think it was the games fault though, I was kind of being an idiot and clicking around like a baboon out of confusion, but that is just what I came to talk about, my confusion. You see, being a new player I read all of the tutorials so that I would have as streamlined a play experience as possible, but when I went to move a part of my cell around in the editor, I didn’t know how, I figured it out by pressing on all of my letter keys until something happened. My point is, I feel the tutorial popups were lack luster and didn’t fully explain the mechanics of the cell editor. Now I don’t mean to sound rude, if fact I could have just missed the part of the tutorial that explained it, but if that were the case then I recommend the information to be more obviously presented so that it would be harder to miss.

Please don’t take my words as being mean spirited or rude. Thank you for reading my critique, and taking it into consideration.

The tutorials are not designed to hold the player’s hand for multiple minutes at a time. The goal is to explain enough of the basic mechanics to get started. The last tutorial after a few editor cycles prompts you to read the help menu if you still need help. The help screen of the editor explains the controls more in depth and tells you how to move organelles. Once again, moving organelles is not even needed to succeed in the game, that’s why it isn’t in the main tutorials. I find mobile game level click here, click here, click here, tutorials extremely tedious and they don’t even end up with the player remembering what they did.

To make your feedback more usable: Are you aware that there is already a partially implemented multicellular editor? There is a division between just making colonies and becoming actually multicellular, it seems you are treating them as the same thing.

THERE IS A MULTICELLULAR EDITOR??? HOW TO ENTER IT???
I literally didn’t know

About that colony and multicellular organism difference: I am aware that they aren’t interchangeable terms, but I thought that in game they work identically.

play the game and get binding agents, then attach to 5 cells and click the go to multicell button

They work very differently. I assumed you were talking about playing the multicellular prototype in regards to your feedback…

There is an multicell button??
(I’m really sorry, but I somehow managed to miss it)

I’m literally too blind to find the multicellular button. I have glucose, ammonia and phospate filled and my organism consists of 5 cells as someone above said, I literally pressed every button possible, clicked everywhere on the screen and nothing happened.

you’re not playing in freebuild mode are you? otherwise the button should be above the evolve button

3 Likes

I needed to play “normal” mode to access it? That information would have saved me a lot of frustration
I thank you for telling me. I turned on the freebuild mode, because I thought that it would bring me kind of instantly to the multicellular phase
I’m really sorry for all trouble I have caused

Here’s how the button looks (it appears as soon as you are in a colony):

1 Like

Thank you for showing, someone above actually told me why I couldn’t access it, but I also thank you, for showing me how does it look
Once again, I’m really sorry for all the troubles

Apparently with spikes you can push the pink toxins? I think this is a bug…

Spikes have always been able to block toxins. And it is very much intended that spikes are a counter to toxins.

oh ok! i just didnt know they could push the little random toxins floating around too

wait do spikes only block the naturaly spawned toxins that you find lying around or do they also block the Oxytoxy shot by other cells?

They (should) block the shot toxins. The damage etc. is set so that if the toxin hits a pilus, it doesn’t trigger the damaging action.

A thing i wanted to say too that kept happening while i was playing thrive just now and earlier is that my game keeps crashing after a amount of time passes (not sure how long since i didnt time it). It doesent seem to affect it if my species evolves once or twice or if it just stays the same it just crashes after a while. well its not really crashing its more of it just freezing up and you beeing either unable to see any other screen than thrive unless you Alt+F4 (ofcourse the game itself is frozen too) or it just freezes like any other application. btw im playing on the steam version of the game if that were to affect anything
If theres any further info needed i can edit the reply with the needed info or files

im at year 5 billion, going strong.
Gonna witness my home stars supernova soon probably.