Achievements

(The Third Duke of Silly) #45

I feel like “An Eye for an Eye” would suit this better

2 Likes

Cravings - Kill and eat 50 members of a single species in one game.

Battle scars - Survive and recover from a serious injury.

The bigger they are - Successfully hunt a species many times your size.

Cleanup crew - Only eat by scavenging from corpses as a carnivorous species.

It wasn’t meant to be - Have your species go extinct from a game ending natural disaster.

1 Like
(𝒦𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝑜𝒻 𝒯𝒽𝒾𝓃𝑔𝓈) #47

i recommend changing the Battle scars achievement to Zenkai Boost

Oh yes, I am enjoying this idea.
I’ma just contribute my two cents.

The Sun is a Deadly Laser: Die to radiation before the creation of an ozone layer. (Microbe)
Artificial Sunshine: Survive for 10 minutes on bioluminecent light using a chloroplast. (Microbe)

Assimilate: Incorporate a foreign microbe into your colony. (Multicellular)

Gotta Go Fast: Create a species able to exceed 75mph while running. (Aware)
Lizard People: Create a reptilian species named Mark Zuckerberg. (Aware)
Kids These Days: Create a creature with a devolved brain from previous generations. (Aware)

Fire Bad: Go through the Awakened stage without discovering fire. (Awakened)
He Shall Be My Squishy: Domesticate the baby of a dangerous creature. (Awakened+)

Thrill of the Hunt: Personally hunt and kill 60 creatures. (Society)
The Great Crusade: Launch a religious war to take back land your nation used to own. (Society)

Tonight We are Young: Extinct your species by overheating the planet with greenhouse gasses. (Industrial)
One Small Step: Step foot on a moon of your world. (Industrial)
Arms Race: Focus technology developement on weaponry during an armistice. (Industrial)
Not So Primitive: Successfully survive a hostile alien invasion. (Industrial)
They Should Make a Movie About This: Genetically revive an extinct species. (Industrial+)

SciFi is Unrealistic: Receive a disease outbreak originating on a foreign world. (Space)
Death Sticks: Have an illegal drug trade develop in the space stage. (Space)
Galactic Federation: Form a faction with a dozen nations from foreign planets. (Space)
Fish in a Barrel: Succeed in a hostile invasion of an industrial world. (Space)
Phone Home: Strand a member of your species on a foreign world housing sapient life. (Space)
Resistance is Futile: Forcibly augment a foreign sapient species with cybernetics. (Space)
Apple of Eden: Have a society stage species uncover a hidden archive you created. (Space)

1 Like
(𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐆𝐨𝐝 𝐄𝐦𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐨𝐫 𝐨𝐟 𝐒𝐞𝐚𝐟𝐨𝐨𝐝) #49

Thats a lot of two cents, i’m impressed!

2 Likes
(Xeno) #50

heya here we kinda re did the achievements in discord so im gonna post mine here kay (this comment will be edited once i locate and find my achievement ideas)

Achievement
“Narotiza”
Play through the game as a pitiful worm creature

“Day of the Triffids” - become a plantimal/ carnivorous plant

“Perfectly balanced as all things should be” - Kill off half the species in your game

“The Eternal Doctrine”
Wipe out all sentient life in the galaxy except members of your species - Icon would be a Star Control II Kohr-Ah (this is a star control reference if you don’t get it look up eternal doctrine on ultronomicon )

“literally Hitler” - Nuff said really

“Tiberian sun” Find tiberium on a planet and remenants of a race whom had two warring factions fighting over the substance (very obvious Command and conquer reference)
maybe not actual tiberium but a similar substance

(Zahyyy) #51

On the third one, I liked Brother Roga’s name of the achievement more.
“I call that mercy.” Successfully destroy at least 50% of all species on your planet in any stage of the game.

1 Like

Shouldn’t that be that you need to destroy at least 50% of all life in your galaxy?

1 Like

There are so many ways to die!

Ferrovore - complete the microbe stage using only rusticyanin
Die, die again - die within three seconds of respawning
Et tu, Brute? - be killed by a member of your species
Strong, independent daughters - reach the aware stage with exclusively asexual reproduction
Icarus - die from fall damage as a flying creature
Diggy diggy hole - die by burrowing into magma
Mistakes were made - be killed by your own toxins

2 Likes

Alternate to “Diggy Diggy Hole”: Don’t Mine Down

(Xeno) #55

I changed it to 50% of all species in the galaxy in the game because half of all life also applies to bacteria and cells and that would take way too long (also plants applies ) so to make sure you don’t spend a lifetime i put half of all species (lets say sentients perhaps ) this achievement is meant to be the half way point to the Eternal Doctrine one which has you wipe out all sentients in the galaxy except your own species or relatives of your species

EDIT: read back the other posts before our recent ones and i have SO many suggestions for alternate names for their achievements and or critiques but a reply isn’t a small self contained area to one single comment and it pops to the bottom like a full message and i don’t want to construct the great wall of Xeno

(Zahyyy) #56

Technically yes, but for the gameplay purposes I personally would keep it on the planet scale. But on the other hand yeah, we need some hard-to-get achievements.

(Dim_Ter) #57

Here’s my achievement idea
Dipiction of God

Find one of your old species on other planets depicted by the locals as Gods

Requirements : have 1 space faring civilization
Visit a planet in the early tribal stage
Must been playing with the specie’s that you encountered before
Old space faring civilization must have died or won the game

A also made a icon but it’s bad
But I don’t care I like it!

My next icon (I hope) will be better

(Xeno) #58

Moar achievements

“Kirov Reporting” - create your first Zeppelin Bomber

“Mortal Kombat” - Get a soldier to fist fight with another soldier and win in one of the future stages when hand to hand combat has been mostly phased out

“Fully operational” - Construct a Super weapon

“this ain’t Spore 2” - have a creature die instantaneously from structural instability due to too many legs or not enough proper support from leg structure

“Battleaxe 500K” - create a race similar to a warhammer 40k one (maybe multiple similar factors is how the achievement is dictated or it could just be imperium of man only)

“Impractical, yet functional” - Use only walker vehicles instead of standard Tank threaded vehicles

“Self-Insert” - Find a species with one of the devs names on it

“Halo” - Construct or find a ringworld or other ring like astronomical construct

“Ghandi” - Create galactic peace with all civilisations in your game or galaxy

“Civilized Ghandi” - … Then immediately nuke all of them

“the path of now and forever” - Enslave half of all species in your galaxy

1 Like
(𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐆𝐨𝐝 𝐄𝐦𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐨𝐫 𝐨𝐟 𝐒𝐞𝐚𝐟𝐨𝐨𝐝) #59

In my opinion, this should be changed to “Actual Ghandi”

(Xeno) #60

it could also be referred to as “Civilized Ghandi” as a reference to the OG game its based on

1 Like
(The Third Duke of Silly) #61

MGS reference time

Snake Eater: Have a espionage mission accidentally spark an international incident.
Outer Heaven: Play as a nation of mercenaries. if possible
Nanomachines, son!: Enhance your soldiers with nanomachine technology.
Rex: Make a bipedal tank.
EXCELSUS: make a hexapedal tank
Love Deterrence: Launch a nuclear warhead with an autonomous tank
The Man Who Sold the World: Use plastic surgery to successfully fake your leader’s death.
Sons of the Patriots: Create a system to control the emotions and actions of every one of your soldiers.

And now for a terribly specific achievement
Nothing better to do with your time?: After evolving into a 6-legged, 2-armed being incapable of vocal speech and instead communicating through pheromones and having rather weak musculature, successfully reach space as an absolute monarchist, extremely capitalist dystopia where citizens are taxed heavily and have to pay a tax based on their food/water intake and are heavily oppressed by the police.

2 Likes
(the max Oof) #62

Paradise comes at no cost: enslave 5 alien species

That’s why we eat food: die from starvation

Love!Love! Love for everyone! : Breed with 5 different alien species

1 Like

How the tables have turned: as an herbivore, kill a carnivore which predates your species

How the turns have tabled: as a carnivore, kill an herbivore which killed a member of your species

3 Likes
(The All-Seeing, The Advocate, The Alpha & Omega, & The Over-Confident) #64

Thanks Obama

Despite relative economic success, maintain a public approval rating below 50%.

Pessimistic Optimism

Survive through two catastrophic extinction events that are within 100 million years of each other.

Rains of Castamere

Completely obliterate a rebellion with force.

Oops

Render a colonized planet inhabitable.

The Insulting Frenchman or Mind Your Own Business
(During Me-devil Era)
Successfully repel a siege whilst outnumbered by atleast 2:1.

3 Likes