Charite Community Wiki

You could get…THE FLOO.

1 Like

It should be called Thrive Xenobiology
also @Untrustedlife the reason that there’s little talk about the current game is in my opinion because of two factors

First the microbe stage as you said is barebones and the auto-evo isn’t in (I believe) yet so everyone’s AI cells will look very similar and with the lack of organelles at the time it makes having exciting unique cells hard to come by.

Second while I personally find microbes vary fascinating most people are more excited about aware stage they are also probably traumatised by how spore used the cell stage as a stepping stone.
Both of these problems can be solved by adding more content and diversity in the game and i’m sure microbe discussion will pick up when 0.4.0 is released.

Also @RoboRomb I like your art but you need to take a closer look at where the arms and legs connect your giving them a human deltoid in both the arms and legs when animals have a different muscle placement look up animal deltoid to see the difference also the butt is part of the legs so look at some animal anatomy where you can see the muscles, besides that I love how your heads and body’s look :+1:

A good reference

here’s a good reference on how the muscles should work actually this is the illustration that made me realize that animal muscles aren’t circles lol
I do not own this image

This would help nicely.

And Thrive: Xenobiology sounds pretty cool.

EDIT: Think you could help me with this community project I’m trying to start? It’s basically just a planet with a buncha ecosystems, and I may do a slideshow with all the pictures I have of it. :slight_smile:

So, I came up with a [temporary] name for this planet.

Nep Abal

Anyone else have any ideas?

I would love to help and for names what about

• Civitas- meaning community
  • Simul- together
  • Poikílos- Diverse
  • Novis- strange

also there should be a wiki page for each biome
also there’s a bug where the system thinks biome is wrong

Glad you’re here to help.

Poikilos sounds good, though we still need some more ideas. And I still need to draw my animals more like animals.

EDIT: The wiki page will include EVERYTHING about this planet. Biomes, types of ecosystems, small tribes, everthing xenobiology needs. I should go ahead and make it now if I have the time.

’NOTHER EDIT: What should the main color theme of this be?

cyan

Here’s an idea, you could call this the:

THRIVEPEDIA

I was thinking of that, after remembering Sporepedia. You beat me to it, you marvelous work of wonder.

Cyan sounds good.

EDIT: Now that I look at it, it kinda isnt. Too bright for my taste. How about green?

greens good

That name will probably (unless something better comes up) be used for a thing in the game itself.

SCREEEEEEE
stahp stealin my ideas

Alright, here’s a new idea!

Thrivetionary

what about Xenopedia

You can read the full discussion here:

But we decided that the in game encyclopaedia will be split into two: general information and information about current playthrough. And in my opinion thrivepedia fits perfectly for the first one and the second shouldn’t be a made up word. I still like my suggestions “Catalogue of Life” and “Current universe” from that thread.

1 Like

That discussion aloen makes me more hyped for this game. :crazy_face:

this was a great idea it just needs to be more fleshed out before others will join and i’m here to do just that. Even if it ends up being just you and me @RoboRomb we shall pull through this adversity and make a world as fellow artists. I would also like @QuantumCrab (a fellow artist), @Askyw( for his amazing descriptions) to join and any other artists or people with exquisite imagination.
Like I was saying people who are into world building are focused on their own worlds and wouldn’t spend time and energy on someone else’s unless it can be curtain they wouldn’t be wasting their time. So we need to do just that here is a check list of what we need.

Must Haves

• a map of the world
  • food webs for each biome
  • distinguished biomes
  • plants and fungus
  • planet gravity, size, atmosphere

Optional

• Taxonomy list
  • homologous structures ( traits most if not all animals have in common, e.g. one heart 4 legs)

and some other stuff slipping my mind

Possible maps

• map 1
  • map 2
  • map 3
  • map 4

0 voters

ill photoshop the biomes in after we decide on all of them
(I just noticed 3 & 4 look like they could be connected)

Awesome.

This will become a large community project, hopefully. I am going to start drawing some more sketches, some new descriptions, ecosystems, landmasses, and other things.

in the last poll 2, 3 and 4 were tied so im redoing it with 3 and 4 combined as an option

• map 2
  • map 3
  • map 4
  • map 3 & 4

0 voters

we should decide on what types of biomes there will be im thinking all the normal ones with little extras like a mushroom savanna and mushroom forest I think we should make mushrooms one of the main flora I like mushrooms