Choose Your Own Adventure( Homo Perfectus 2) (DEAD)

Power Chosen: Decrease body temperature.
Choice Chosen:None

(Does Not Work,Using Increase body temperature.)

Heat overload.

I start to feel colder and colder.

“Father. I feel cold.”

“Yes. That is a side effect to increasing your body temperature. But you are using it, that is good.”

I feel myself becoming colder and colder, which means my body temperature is rapidly rising.

“You may want to return to normal. Not doing so could end in a catastrophic turn of events.” Teacher says.

He’s probably right. I’m heating up too much. I have to do something about it.

HEALTH is 100.
(Powers Come Before Choices,Unless it Conflict With A Choice)
Choices:

• Nothing
  • (Don’t Choose This One,Use A Power Instead)

0 voters

Powers:

• Increase body temperature.
  • Decrease body temperature.
  • Increase strength
  • Increases reflexes
  • Increase speed
  • Increase brain capacity.
  • Increase vision.
  • Increase hearing.
  • Increase smelling systems.

0 voters

1 Like

Choice Chosen:Use A Power
Power Chosen:Decrease body temperature

Back to normal.

I decrease my body temperature, rendering myself normal once more.

Eve’s turn.

Father smiles and he asks me to step towards the wall after he congratulates me. He then turns towards Eve and says “alright Eve. Your turn.”

Eve nods and steps to where I was.

“Do the same as Adam did and increase your body temperature.”

Eve nods again and starts to focus.

Out of control.

Eve starts to go dangerously warm and I feel the unbearable heat surrounding her. Father steps a few steps away from Eve and says “Eve, return to normal!”

“I can’t!” Eve cries out.

“Sir. The building we are currently in is entirely composed of metal. Should she reach a temperature too high, she will have doomed us all.”

HEALTH is 100.
Choices:

• Run away.
  • Guide Eve.
  • Kill Eve.

0 voters

Powers:

• Increase strength
  • Increases reflexes
  • Increase speed
  • Increase vision.
  • Increase hearing.

0 voters

1 Like

Choice Chosen:Guide Eve
Power Chosen:Decrease body temperature.

You are dead. (Decrease Body Temperature)

I try to decrease my body temperature in order to cool the temperature. However, my vulnerability to heat increases and I soon die of heat.

Guidance. (Guide Eve)

I grab Eve’s hands and try to talk her through this. She is scared but together, we manage to overcome this obstacle and she restores her body temperature to normal. Father smiles and asks me to come with him to his office while Teacher helps Eve learn to master her abilities.

Another Eve problem.

I sit down in front of father’s desk and he sits down on it’s other side.

“You did a good job back there Adam. We could have died back there.”

“Thank you father. I had to save her. She is my sister.”

“You think of her as your sister?”

“Yes. I read the term in one of the fictional books you brought with you from the outside world. I figure that’s what she must be.”

“She’s not. You two are the beginning of an entire new race, the Homo Perfectuses. You’ll understand what I’m saying soon enough, but both of you are required to have this breed of perfect beings survive.”

“I don’t understand.”

“I know. But you will.”

Before I can ask any more questions, Teacher bursts in.

“Sir. Eve is close to the limits of her power, she is entering the fourth stage.”

Father immediately stands up and runs with Teacher to the training hall. I follow them, but then I notice the big metallic door, just two yards away. Before I start running towards the training hall, there is a knock on the door. Something from the outside is knocking on the door. I could ignore it and go see what is going on with Eve, but my curiosity has already decided for me.

The birth of greatness.

I open the door and a man, nearly dehydrated collapses before me. He drops something. It looks like a book.

Divine intervention.

I grab the book which seems to be entitled “The Bible.”, I have never heard that title before, but then again, I haven’t read that many books from the outside world. I hear footsteps behind me and I hide the book under my jacket, knowing that father wouldn’t let me keep it. Father and Teacher approach. Father looks at me and for the first time in my life, he actually looks angry. Father signals Teacher to take the man and they go down to the basement. I don’t know what is in the basement, but I know that it is father’s personal room. He has made it very clear that it is off bounds to me and Eve. Eve! I have to see if she is okay.

The Bible.

I go into my room and start reading the bible, telling no one about it because it could get me in trouble. What I read is very strange to me, but it is the first answers about the outside world I have ever received, and so I soak it up like a sponge. I wonder about a lot of things there, like whether there is a connection between me and the Adam in the book, especially since his wife is Eve, they are supposed to be the start of their race and live in a place called Eden. Is that what father meant? Eve is supposed to be my wife? And what is God? And how was he born if he existed when nothing existed? And why is he always called the lord? The lord of what? And why does his name always have capital letters. I understand from the education in literature father has given us that names are only supposed to have the first letter capitalized, not all of them. These were some heavy questions for a ten year old boy, superhuman or not. But I had always loved to have my mind wander.

Curiosity killed the cat.

I enter the training hall and see that Eve isn’t there. I turn around and see her standing behind me, laughing.

“Eve? Are you okay? What happened?”

“I was too curious. Father has always warned us about curiosity. I was trying to increase my hearing when I heard a sound from the outside world, a very odd sound, sounded a little like the generator within Teacher. Well, I focused too much on the hearing and as father said, using it too much is dangerous. But I’m alright, lesson learned.”

The Bible.

I go into my room and start reading the bible, telling no one about it because it could get me in trouble. What I read is very strange to me, but it is the first answers about the outside world I have ever received, and so I soak it up like a sponge. I wonder about a lot of things there, like whether there is a connection between me and the Adam in the book, especially since his wife is Eve, they are supposed to be the start of their race and live in a place called Eden. Is that what father meant? Eve is supposed to be my wife? And what is God? And how was he born if he existed when nothing existed? And why is he always called the lord? The lord of what? And why does his name always have capital letters. I understand from the education in literature father has given us that names are only supposed to have the first letter capitalized, not all of them. These were some heavy questions for a ten year old boy, superhuman or not. But I had always loved to have my mind wander.

CHAPTER 1 COMPLETE!

HEALTH is 100.
Choices:

• Continue To Next Chapter
  • Different Game

0 voters

Powers:

• Increase strength
  • Increases reflexes
  • Increase speed
  • Increase vision.
  • Increase hearing.

0 voters

1 Like

Choice Chosen:

Next Chapter…

Power Chosen:

Increase brain capacity.

(POWER DOES NOT WORK)

CHAPTER 2 - THE TRUTH EMERGES.

I am 15 years old now. I have read the Bible countless times and know it like the back of my hand, but all these thoughts come to my mind. It seems that every answered question spawns two unanswered ones. Is God real? If so, how can he do all those things he did? Is he special like me? Is he a Homo Perfectus too? Am I like him? Is father like him? Father created us and this facility, and he’s always talking about making the world brighter. Maybe the Bible is a vision from the future, maybe all those things are things that have yet to occur, after Project Eden has commenced. But Eve wasn’t created from my rib? And what about the forbidden fruit, well, she did overuse her powers when father told us not to, she did give in to temptation when she heard that sound. That could be a reference to the snake and the forbidden fruit.

As I brainstorm on the Bible for another full hour, I hear the heavy metallic footsteps of the Teacher approach.

Just another day.

I immediately place the Bible under my pillow, just as Teacher enters the room.

“Professor Meckard wishes to see you.”

“Of course he does.” I say and stand up.

Combat training.

After getting Eve as well, the Teacher takes us to father’s office. We sit down at his desk and he again puts away his files.

“Today I want to focus on something we have never done before. Combat.”

“Combat?”

“You want us to fight?”

Me and Eve are equally surprised.

“Yes. Even though the humans will be gone when you inhabit the earth, the planet will still be populated by various different animals, and you must survive them all.”

“Why would they try to hurt us?”

“It is a part of life I wish was unnecessary, but sometimes the strong must kill the weak in order to survive. It is the oldest principle of life. Even though you have special abilities, they are useless in combat unless you can use them. Let’s go to the training hall and continue this matter.”

Arena.

When we enter the training hall, father signals Teacher to go into the center of the room. Father then turns towards me and says “Opponents are tricky. They won’t give you any warning to their attacks.”

Surprise attack.

Before I even realize it, Teacher punches me aside and I harshly hit the wall. I see blood running from my forehead. I hear Eve shouting “What do you think you’re doing!?!” Behind me.

“He needs to learn the finer points of combat. If Teacher was a savage beast, Adam would be dead by now.”

HEALTH is 90.

Practice fight.

Father looks at me and says "good, you can continue. Deliver a blow to teacher’s chest and your training is complete.

I’ve never had to fight before, but I figure this is something I have to do.

HEALTH is 90.

Choices:

• None
  • Use A Power To Continue

0 voters

Powers:

• Increase strength
  • Increases reflexes
  • Increase speed
  • Increase vision.
  • Increase hearing.

0 voters

1 Like

Choice Chosen:

Use A Power

Power Chosen:

Increases reflexes

(Power Does Not Work Trying Increase Strength)

Failure.

I increase my strength and try to punch Teacher, but even with enhanced strength, he easily blocks my hit. He now has my fist in his grasp and no matter how much I struggle, I remain in his clutches.

HEALTH is 80.

Punched.

With my hand firmly in his grasp, Teacher hits me in the chest and throws me away.

HEALTH is 60.

No mercy.

As I slowly get up, Teacher picks me up and throws me away.

HEALTH is 50.

HEALTH is 50.

Choices:

(None)

Powers:

• Increase strength
  • Increases reflexes
  • Increase speed
  • Increase vision.
  • Increase hearing.

0 voters

1 Like

Choice Chosen:

Power

Power Chosen:

Increase Speed…

Like a speeding bullet.

By increasing my speed, I evade his block and punch Teacher in the chest. It does not inflict much damage to him, but I have completed father’s goal and hit Teacher in the chest.

Switch places.

Father asks me to sit down in a nearby corner and he tells Teacher to get back into the center of the room. He then orders Eve to do the same, deliver a hit at Teacher’s chest.

Mind over matter.

With Eve’s first hit, she focuses solely on strength and tries to hit Teacher. He however blocks the attack and throws her into the wall.

“Get up. Continue.” Father says.

Eve complies and stands up to deliver another hit. She makes the same mistake, relying only on strength and having teacher pummel her.

HEALTH is 50.

Choices:

• Tell father to stop the exercise.
  • Do nothing.

0 voters

Powers:

• Increase strength
  • Increases reflexes
  • Increase speed
  • Increase vision.
  • Increase hearing.

0 voters

1 Like

Choice Chosen:

Do Nothing (Random!)

Power Chosen:

Increase brain capacity.

(Power Does Nothing)

Nothing.

I realize Eve would die I she reaches the surface and won’t be able to defend herself, so I curb my protective feelings and sit down.

Regrets.

I sit and watch as Teacher beats Eve up. I want to do something, but it is not until she falls unconscious to the floor that I realize I should have acted.

“Eve…Eve?” father says as he approaches her."

“She seems to be unconscious sir.”

“Take her to the medical room.”

“Yes sir.”

Teacher picks Eve up and leaves.

HEALTH is 50.

Choices:

• Confront father.
  • Go to your room.

0 voters

Powers:

• Increase strength
  • Increases reflexes
  • Increase speed
  • Increase vision.
  • Increase hearing.
  • Increase volume.

0 voters

Choice Chosen:

Confront father.

Power Chosen:

Increase Volume

(Power Does Nothing)

The blaming type.

I approach father who looks worried.

“You could have stopped this at any moment. This is your fault!”

“I know, and I’m sorry. I thought she was as physically capable as you, I guess I was mistaken.”

“It’s a mistake that almost killed Eve.”

“You’re being dramatic. I know I stepped over the line, but she’s going to be fine in a day or two.”

“This could have ended bad and you know it.”

“I screwed up, I know that, but I had Eve’s best interests at heart. Just go to your room. Grab something to eat if you feel you need to replenish yourself after your fight with Teacher, just let us handle the situation.”

HEALTH is 50.

Choices:

• Go to your room.
  • Go to the kitchen.

0 voters

Powers:

• Increase strength
  • Increases reflexes
  • Increase speed
  • Increase vision.
  • Increase hearing.
  • Increase volume.

0 voters

Choice Chosen:

Go to The Kitchen

Power Chosen:

3 Way Tie!(Increase Volume!)

(Power Does Nothing)

Need to feed.

I go to the kitchen and find a yoghurt. A few moments later and I’m as good as new.

HEALTH is 100.

Heavy thoughts.

I enter the room, close the door and plummet down on the bed. I feel bad about not stepping up and help Eve. I am also angry with Meckard to go through with it, even though I know he meant well…hmm…that’s the first time I’ve actually called him Meckard and not father. I hear Teacher and father talking outside the medical room, but I don’t make out what they’re saying.

None of your business.

I figure that whatever Teacher and father are discussing it is their business. I just go to bed with my Bible.

A new day emerges.

I wake up and immediately grasp my Bible. I have been reading again about Noah, who saved all the living things of Earth by building an ark. I guess not all humans are monsters. I remember Eve is in the medical room and immediately stand up to go check on her.

The medical room.

I enter the medical room and see Eve lying there. She has a few bumps and bruises on her, but otherwise she looks fine, and she is conscious. She looks at me.

“Hi.”

“Hi. Are you okay?”

“I’ve been better.”

I smile.

“I guess I failed, huh?” Eve says and smiles back.

“You we’re unlucky.”

“It’s good I have you on my side. Someone who can fight.”

“I’m not much better than you.”

“You’re not the one who has bandages rolled around you.”

“You got me there.”

We both smile. I’m glad to see that she’s alright.

You are dead.

I go to my room, but Teacher comes out of it with the Bible in his hand. Seeing me as more trouble than I am worth, he discards me, and worse yet, he discards Eve as well.

HEALTH is 100.

Choices:

• Try Again
  • Different Adventure

0 voters

Powers:

• Increase strength
  • Increases reflexes
  • Increase speed
  • Increase vision.
  • Increase hearing.
  • Increase volume.

0 voters

Choice Chosen:

Try Again

Power Chosen:

Increase Hearing

(Power Does Nothing)

Overly determined.

“Father have Teacher stop, he’s hurting her!”

“No. She has to be able to take care of herself!”

Eve continues to make failed attempts to hit Teacher and he continues to hit her.

HEALTH is 50.

HEALTH is 50.

Choices:

• Continue to argue.
  • Sit down.

0 voters

Powers:

• Increase strength
  • Increases reflexes
  • Increase speed
  • Increase vision.
  • Increase hearing.
  • Increase volume.

0 voters

Choice Is Broken Use This Instead!

• Continue to argue.
  • Sit down.

0 voters

Choice Chosen:

Continue to argue.

Power Chosen:

Increase Brain Capacity

(Power Does Nothing)

Overly protective.

“If she is attacked, I’ll protect her!”

“She can’t rely on you all the time. No one knows what will happen in the future, what if you die and she won’t be able to defend herself and the next generation of Homo Perfectuses? What if you face an opponent you’ll have to fight together and your partner can’t fight? She needs to learn this!”

HEALTH is 50.

Choices:

• Keep arguing.
  • Back down.

0 voters

Powers:

• Increase strength
  • Increases reflexes
  • Increase speed
  • Increase vision.
  • Increase hearing.
  • Increase volume.

0 voters

Choice Chosen:

Keep arguing.

Power Chosen:

Increase brain capacity.

(Power Does Nothing)

Stubborn Adam.

“Let her at least rest and continue the exercise later! She’s badly injured!”

“Her enemies won’t back down, why should Teacher? She needs to learn how harsh the real world is!”

“Making her capable of surviving isn’t worth killing her here!”

“Both of you have to learn not to expect everything to be better, just because you want it to be! If that were the case, you wouldn’t even exist!”

“Things may not become better because we want to, but if Teacher was an actual enemy, I would have intervened by now!”

Father sighs and signals Teacher to stop the fight. I help Eve get back up.

“Are you okay?”

She doesn’t look very pleased with me.

“Teacher, take Eve to the medical room and see if she is okay.”

Teacher and Eve leave. Father looks at me, he looks a little angered.

“You should watch your mouth young man. You may be a perfect being, but I’m the one in charge here. I comply only because I know I created you to be protective of her.”

With that said, father leaves.

HEALTH is 50.

Choices:

• Go to your room.
  • Go grab something to eat.
  • Go check up on Eve.

0 voters

Powers:

• Increase strength
  • Increases reflexes
  • Increase speed
  • Increase vision.
  • Increase hearing.
  • Increase volume.

0 voters

Choice Chosen:

Go grab something to eat.

Power Chosen:

Increase smelling systems.

(Power Does Nothing)

Refreshed.

I find a yoghurt in the fridge and moments later, I feel good as new after that fight with Teacher.

HEALTH is 140.

HEALTH is 140.

Choices:

• Go to your room.
  • Go check up on Eve.

0 voters

Powers:

• Increase strength
  • Increases reflexes
  • Increase speed
  • Increase vision.
  • Increase hearing.
  • Increase volume.

0 voters

Choice Chosen:

Go check up on Eve.

Power Chosen:

None

Envious.

I go to the medical room, figuring Eve shouldn’t be too hurt for me to have to stay away. I enter the room and approach her. She still doesn’t appear to be happy.

“Are you okay?”

“I’m fine.”

“What’s wrong?”

“…”

“What?”

“Why did you beat him? We’re supposed to be virtually identical, and you beat him easily while I get my ass kicked so bad that you have to save my ass? Why? Are you stronger? Is that it?”

“No, that was exactly what was your problem. I used speed, not strength. We can’t match him with brute force.”

“So you’re smarter too?”

“I think it was situational.”

“How can it be situational? We have been through exactly the same things for all of our lives!”

HEALTH is 100.

Choices:

• Go to your room.
  • Tell her about the Bible.

0 voters

Powers:

• Increase strength
  • Increases reflexes
  • Increase speed
  • Increase vision.
  • Increase hearing.
  • Increase volume.

0 voters

Choice Chosen:

Tell her about the Bible.

Power Chosen:

Increase brain capacity.

(Power Does Nothing)

(Hint: Power Usually Only Work During Fights Or Puzzles Or Similar Things)

Explanations.

I tell Eve about the Bible I found 5 years ago and that I think it may have prepared me mentally for the fight, something she didn’t have.

“Does father know about this?”

“No. You know he wouldn’t let us…”

“Maybe there’s a reason for that Adam. He’s trying to protect us.”

“I didn’t see him trying to protect you in the training hall.”

“That’s because he wanted to make me stronger, something I obviously need.”

“I just don’t think he was approaching it correctly, he’s a scientist after all, no one should expect him to know anything about fighting.”

“And you do?”

“I suspect I’ve seen more personal combat than he ever will.”

“Are you kidding me? He has lived out there with the monsters. With the humans. That has to be a struggle.”

“Or so he says.”

HEALTH is 100.

Choices:

• Go to your room.
  • Ask Eve to delay Meckard(Father).

0 voters

Powers:

• Increase strength
  • Increases reflexes
  • Increase speed
  • Increase vision.
  • Increase hearing.
  • Increase volume.

0 voters

Choice Chosen:

Ask Eve to delay Meckard.

Power Chosen:

None

Bait.

“I need you to delay father for me.”

“What?”

“I want to explore his office, but I can’t do that with him there.”

“Why? Don’t you trust him?”

“I just want to verify that everything he says is true, that’s all. If I find something he’s been hiding, I’ll answer that question. Just delay him.”

“Okay, you tell him I need to see him.”

False alarm.

I knock on Meckard’s door and he answers.

“Adam? What is it?”

“Eve asked you to come see her.”

“Eve? What for?”

“I don’t know, ask her.”

Meckard hesitates a little but then he leaves, leaving his office wide open.

Meckard’s office.

I enter the empty office. I see the desk, which probably holds valuable information, and I see the door to the basement.

HEALTH is 100.

Choices:

• Search the desk.
  • Go to the basement.

0 voters

Powers:

• Increase strength
  • Increases reflexes
  • Increase speed
  • Increase vision.
  • Increase hearing.
  • Increase volume.

0 voters

Choice Chosen:

Search the desk.

Power Chosen:

Increase hearing.

(Power Does Nothing)

Files.

I open all possible openings on the desk and empty it all on the floor. I find a couple of files.

HEALTH is 100.

Choices:

• File: Pandora’s Box.
  • File: Project Eden.
  • File: Project Eden: Damaged.
  • Go to the basement.

0 voters

Powers:

• Increase strength
  • Increases reflexes
  • Increase speed
  • Increase vision.
  • Increase hearing.
  • Increase volume.

0 voters

Choice Chosen:

File: Pandora’s Box.

Power Chosen:

Increase hearing.

(Power Does Nothing)

A surprise revelation.

I open the file, finding it empty. However, a page torn out of a newspaper falls down. I pick it up and read it. (I also note that the year is 2042)

“Pyromaniacs.
A group of religious extremists torched the Gorgon labs building, claiming that their work with the human DNA was an abomination and a sin against God. There are several injured civilian and the family Georgia, Henry and Dorothy Meckard are missing, presumed dead.”
Henry Meckard? That’s father? The others must be his family!

Files.

I open all possible openings on the desk and empty it all on the floor. I find a couple of files.

HEALTH is 100.

Choices:

• Go to the basement.

0 voters

Powers:

• Increase strength
  • Increases reflexes
  • Increase speed
  • Increase vision.
  • Increase hearing.
  • Increase volume.

0 voters

Choice Chosen:

File: Project Eden: Damaged.

Power Chosen:

Increase hearing.

(Power Does Nothing)

Project Eden: Damaged.

I open the file called Project Eden: Damaged.

“It is such a shame when you waste two years in developing something and it turns out to be a failure. Especially when it is not my own failure. For so long, humans have read DNA wrong and so when I try to manipulate it, of course it ends as a catastrophe. All they could do was alter their skeletal growth. That does not help them adapt and live on various different areas of the planet, so I was forced to discard them. There is an ideal river close by that leads to Lake Kreuze. Even if someone finds them, no one will be able to track them.”

“Sick bastard” I think to myself.

Files.

HEALTH is 100.

Choices:

• Go to the basement.

0 voters

Powers:

• Increase strength
  • Increases reflexes
  • Increase speed