Choose Your Own Adventure( Homo Perfectus 2) (DEAD)

Choice Chosen:

File: Project Eden.

Power Chosen:

Increase body temperature.

(Power Does Nothing)

Project Eden.

I open the file named Project Eden.

“As the previous version was unsuccessful, I am forced to restart the entire process. It is a time-consuming process, but one that is worth the effort. Whereas the Damaged versions were useful for combat, they were barely better than humans in everything else and my projects have to be perfect, otherwise the entire project is ruined. Luckily, I know how to fix the error I made in my previous attempts and this time, I will make no mistakes.”

Files.

I open all possible openings on the desk and empty it all on the floor. I find a couple of files.

Home of a mad scientist.

I enter the basement and see that it is a lab. I see a large glass canister, capable of fitting a man in it and a bunch of strange devices.

I explore the devices but I have no understanding of how any of them work. However, when I am randomly pressing the buttons I see on the devices, a black strange item pops out of it.

I take the item, but don’t see anything else of interest.

The Teacher.

I walk back up the stairs and into the office, where I see Teacher standing on the opposite side of the room.

“Adam. You are not permitted here.”

“According to a madman. What exactly is he doing down here?”

"Professor Meckard’s plan is classified, you do not have clearance to access it. It appears you will not cooperate with us. Project Eden must be restarted.

“Restarted?”

“Yes. I must terminate you, and then I will terminate Eve. The current project: Eden is deemed a failure and must be restarted.”

“No. I won’t let you do that.”

“I am afraid the decision is not up to you.”

Bad choice.

I try to run downstairs, but Teacher grabs my shoulder and tosses me into a nearby wall.

HEALTH is 65.

Worse choice.

I try to run outside, but Teacher grabs me around the neck, turns around and slams me into the floor.

HEALTH is 20.

You are dead.

I am loosing blood, I feel my life slip away. I can fight no longer.

HEALTH is 0.

You are dead.

(Powers Come Before Choices,Unless it Conflict With A Choice)

Choices:

• Try Again
  • Sequel!
  • Different Adventure

0 voters

Powers:

• Increase body temperature.
  • Decrease body temperature.
  • Increase strength
  • Increases reflexes
  • Increase speed
  • Increase brain capacity.
  • Increase vision.
  • Increase hearing.
  • Increase smelling systems.
  • Increase volume.

0 voters

Choice Chosen:

Sequel!

Homo Perfectus 2

Backstory

Adam saved humanity from Pandora’s Box and did so without killing Eve. She’s at the hospital and Adam constantly waits for her to wake up. Things start to get complicated when a criminal empire finds the Pandora’s Box virus and starts to turn it into a biological weapon, and if that wasn’t enough, Adam has to face a familiar, “damaged” foe.

CHAPTER 1 - INTRODUCTION.

Mr. and mrs. Cordan are sitting in front of their parked RV They usually take one trip to lake Kreuze once every summer. It’s a lake that the desert river runs to. Such an occurrence is rare, and they are glad so few people know about this lake, for if they did, this place would surely be overcrowded.

Mrs. Cordan sees something plummet into the lake. It fell down the small waterfall that connects the river to the lake. She tells her husband about it but he says it’s probably just a rock. She claims it’s too big to be a rock and eventually, he agrees to check it out. They approach the lake and mr. Cordan grabs something from the lake. It is a large rock. He tells mrs. Cordan than she’s being too paranoid, but this thing he has in his hands starts to change. The shell giving the illusion that it is a rock starts to de-grow and it reveals an infant child.

HEALTH is 100.
MONEY is 57.

Gorgon high school.

17 years have passed. Mr. and mrs. Cordan raised the boy they found in lake Kreuze. He is now Ralph Cordan, just one of the students at the Gorgon high school, and one of the students disappointed with his grade.

“What BELGIUM is this? I studied for five hours straight for that test and you’re telling me I get a D?” Ralph shouts at his teacher.

“I graded you according to your answers Ralph, not according to your efforts. but since you didn’t even know that Gorgon city was founded by germans, I doubt you even studied for this test.”

With that said, the teacher leaves Ralph to his own frustration.

Introducing the villain.

The teacher approaches her car in the underground parking lot. It is dark and quiet. One of the more scary places in the school. She attempts to open her door, but notices that it is completely gone. Something has ripped the door from the hinges of the car. She notices Ralph behind her.

“Oh Ralph, you scared me.”

“Did I?”

“Can you believe this? The entire door is missing? I knew the city’s criminals were desperate, but what could they do with a door?”

“You’d be surprised what some people can do”

A bone spike starts to grow from Ralph’s wrist and forms a dagger.

Introducing the hero.

Four months have passed since the battle at the lighthouse. Eve isn’t frozen anymore, but she’s been in a coma ever since. I check up on her every day to see if she wakes up. No matter how pissed she may be, I want to be there when she regains consciousness. My skin is still burned, and it will stay that way for the rest of my life. I have a job as a courier, and I’ve been doing great there. My boss doesn’t know that I can run at super human speeds, but as long as he doesn’t ask, I’m not lying. I’m glad I managed to save humanity, it would have been a shame if this had all come to an end.

POWER GAINED:

• Increase strength
  • Increases reflexes
  • Increase speed
  • Increase vision.
  • Increase hearing.
  • Increase volume.

Recap.

I am Adam. Me and Eve were created and genetically altered by my father, professor Henry Meckard to be the perfect human beings, or the Homo Perfectuses. He had always talked about how we would bring brightness to the world as the evil and corrupted Homo Sapiens would fall before us, but I was too young at the time to fully understand what he meant. The difference between the Homo Perfectuses and the Homo Sapiens, is the fact that a portion of our DNA is tangible, or bendable. This gives us the ability to manipulate our own DNA and change our genetic structure, making us stronger, faster, smarter, even warmer. We have to be careful with this power, as messing with the DNA can be dangerous, even lethal. Like Meckard said, the DNA is like a rubber band, it can be bent, but bend it too much and it breaks.

As we were practicing our powers, Eve had an accident, she almost bent her DNA too much, reaching the fourth level of five, five being death. This left me alone in the facility, at the same time that a stranger knocked on the front door. I didn’t know what it could be, as I had never seen anything from the outside world, but my curiosity forced me to open the door. A nearly dehydrated man collapsed before me and Meckard took him away, but not until I took a book called the Bible from the man. I started reading the Bible, and five years later, I knew it like the back of my hand. But it raised a lot of questions. This started a kind of a rebellion within me that lead to me suspecting Meckard of lying. I tried to investigate further, and found out that he intended to kill off humanity with a virus he had developed, called Pandora’s Box. Meckard found out that I ad been snooping around, and after I had grabbed a tape with research footage on Pandora’s Box, I ran.

After crossing the entire desert, I found myself in a dirt, gritty human city, called Gorgon city. There, I tried to find a way to view the tape I had stolen, but finding a VHS machine was extremely tough. I found an ally though, a human named Mark. He worked at an electronic store, and his knowledge of human technology was of great benefit to me. He helped me find a VHS, and we found out that Pandora’s Box was active, but it wasn’t airborne. It was however waterborne, and as I had left Meckard with limited options, he would try to go along with his plan despite the fact that his virus couldn’t spread in the air. I found out that he intended to use Eve to dry up the ocean, causing an intense downpour on the entire earth that he would use to have his virus reach every human on the planet.

I got there in time to stop Meckard, but he sent Eve do battle me. Realizing I had no other way to save humanity, I was forced to fight the person I was created to love. I couldn’t kill her, so I froze her, using her vulnerability to cold, but exposing me to my vulnerability to heat as well. I was left burned, but I managed to drag myself to face Meckard. He explained to me that he was trying to kill of the human society and not just the humans, but that didn’t change my motives. I injected him with the entire virus, hoping that it’s large quantity would overpower his antivirus and kill him off once and for all. He did start to disintegrate, but in a surprise move, he lounged for the ocean to spread his infection. I managed to cut the infected water away from the rest of the ocean, and froze the infected water with Meckard in it, ending this struggle. I tried to carry Eve back to the city, but passed out on the way. I woke up in a hospital alongside Eve, and found out that Mark found us and drove us there.

Ring ring ring ring.

As I run towards Mark’s apartment, my cell phone rings. I find it a very useful device as I can’t bother to run to everyone I have to talk to.

HEALTH is 100.

MONEY is 57.

Choices:

• Answer the phone.
  • Look at who it is.
  • Ignore it.

0 voters

Powers:

• Increase strength
  • Increases reflexes
  • Increase speed
  • Increase vision.
  • Increase hearing.
  • Increase volume.

0 voters

Choice Chosen:

Look at who it is.

Power Chosen:

None

The boss.

I look at who is calling me and see that it is my boss, Richard.

HEALTH is 100.

MONEY is 57.

Choices:

• Answer the phone.
  • Ignore it.

0 voters

Powers:

• Increase strength
  • Increases reflexes
  • Increase speed
  • Increase vision.
  • Increase hearing.
  • Increase volume.

0 voters

Choice Chosen:

Answer the phone.

Power Chosen:

None

A new assignment.

I answer my phone. I have to answer my boss.

“Yes? Hello?”

“Adam, this is Richard.”

“Yes. What do you need?”

“Come to Spread right away. There is a package that needs to be delivered.”

“Right. On my way.” I say and hang up.

HEALTH is 100.

MONEY is 57.

Choices:

• Run to Spread. (on normal speed)
  • Use A Power

0 voters

Powers:

• Increase strength
  • Increases reflexes
  • Increase speed
  • Increase vision.
  • Increase hearing.
  • Increase volume.

0 voters

Choice Chosen:

Use A Power(Random!)

Power Chosen:

Increase speed

Parkour.

I increase my speed and sprint for Spread. A few people notice me in my rooftop jumping, but since I’m going too fast for anyone to identify me, it’s all good. I soon reach Spread and find Richard there waiting for me.

“Adam, just in time.”

It’s a good thing I chose to increase my speed.

Let’s do couriering!

“I need you to take a package to the docks. Deliver it to Frank Dewitt at pier 14 and be quick.”

“Right. On it.”

You grab the package.

I take the package and head outside. Richard asked me to hurry, so I should probably increase my speed.

HEALTH is 100.

MONEY is 57.

Choices:

• Run at a normal speed.
  • Go into the alley first.
  • Use a power.

0 voters

Powers:

• Increase strength
  • Increases reflexes
  • Increase speed
  • Increase vision.
  • Increase hearing.
  • Increase volume.

0 voters

Choice Chosen:

Use A Power

Power Chosen:

Increase brain capacity.

Power Does Nothing

Cloak and dagger.(Go into the alley first. )

I go into the alley, so no one will see me when I start doing things no human can do.

HEALTH is 100.

MONEY is 57.

Choices:

None

Powers:

• Increase strength
  • Increases reflexes
  • Increase speed
  • Increase vision.
  • Increase hearing.
  • Increase volume.

0 voters

Choice Chosen:

None

Power Chosen:

Increase speed(Random!)

Skyrun.

I run with the package towards the pier, jumping from rooftop to rooftop. Some people see me, but I was going too fast for them to see anything that indicates who or what it was. All they know is that someone was jumping between buildings.

Pier 14.

I enter the pier with the package. I approach a man that seems to work there.

“Excuse me. I’m looking for Frank Dewitt.”

The man looks at me and says “well, looks like you’ve found him son. What can I do you for?”

“I have a package for you.”

“Oh, yeah, splendid. Thank you young man.”

“My pleasure.”

Job well done.

I soon arrive at Spread. Richard is standing there, looking pleased.

“Well done Adam. Dewitt got his package in under twenty minutes. You must have one fast vehicle in order to get that.”

“The traffic was one my side.”

“Well, no matter what the case, here is your money.”

I accept my reward and leave, thrilled with the compliment. He doesn’t know that you did so good because of a genetical experiment, but compliments are always nice.

MONEY is 157.

The apartment.

I enter the apartment. Mark isn’t here. He must be working late at Electricville.

HEALTH is 100.

MONEY is 157.

Choices:

• Check the newspaper.
  • Check the television.
  • Check the fridge.

0 voters

Powers:

• Increase strength
  • Increases reflexes
  • Increase speed
  • Increase vision.
  • Increase hearing.
  • Increase volume.

0 voters

i am going to go somewhere tomorrow,so i wont be able to update this.

Choice Chosen:

Check the fridge.(Random!)

Power Chosen:

Increase Vision

Power Does Nothing

Nothing.

I open the fridge and find nothing in there. Nothing I like anyway.

What to do?

I’ve opened the fridge and didn’t really find anything there. What else should I do?

Mark comes home.

Mark enters the apartment. Mark bends down, grabs the newspaper and approaches me.

The bone killer.

“Have you seen this?”

Mark asks me. I shake my head and say

“No. What is it?”

“The bone killer strikes again. A teacher at Gorgon high school was killed by the bone killer. Strange. The last time the bone killer actually did something was a few years ago. Murderers usually don’t come back after such a break.”

“Who is this bone killer anyway?”

“Well, nobody knows who exactly he is, but he started killing people ten years ago. A kid, a seven year old kid. Stabbed to death on the playground.”

“That’s horrible.”

“Yeah, and this guy walks free.”

Descent into darkness.

Ralph is sitting in his room, watching a movie on his computer. His parents enter the room. Ralph looks at them but otherwise completely ignores their existence.

“Ralph. We need to talk to you.”

“About what?”

“About your teacher.”

Ralph looks at his parents.

“Which one?”

“The…the one that died. Angela.”

“Yeah. It’s a tragedy.”

Mr. Cordan looks at his wife, sighs and then looks at Ralph again.

“We know what you can do Ralph.”

Ralph looks at his parents.

“What are you talking about?”

“You know what we’re talking about. We knew ever since you we’re a baby. You have always been able to…do things with your bones.”

Ralph looks away.

“Ralph. We also know what you’ve been doing with your abilities. First that bully back in elementary school, then the detective, then the shop owner and now your teacher? This has to stop.”

“How do you…”

“At first, it was only suspicions, but these are all people that you felt wronged you and all the reports said that the victims were killed by sharp bones. We eventually had to face the truth.” Mr. Cordan says.

“It’s okay Ralph. You’ve just got to get some help. That’s all.”

Ralph stares at the floor.

“Do…do you know why I can do all these things?”

Mr. and Mrs. Cordan look at one another.

“You…you aren’t our biological son. Seventeen years ago, we found you in lake Kreuze. You had created a shell around yourself to protect you from the pointy rocks and the currents. We took you and raised you as our son.” Ralph looks into the floor.

“Are you saying that my true parents…discarded me?”

“I’m sorry Ralph. But we’re still your parents. Maybe not your biological ones, but we still love you. And we’re going to give you the help you need.”

Ralph slowly nods and stands up, offering his parents to hug him. Mr. and Mrs. Cordan smile and hug Ralph. Ralph’s smile turns diabolical and he generates bone spikes from his shoulders, piercing through both of his parent’s chest. He then de-grows the bones and his parents fall motionless to the floor. Ralph picks up a few supplies and then he leaves.

So many possibilities.

After our discussion about the bone killer, Mark informs me that he is going to the cinema to see a movie. I haven’t checked on Eve all day, but her condition probably hasn’t changed. I also haven’t on the frozen lake by the lighthouse in about a week. It’s all the way across the desert, so the chances someone ran into it are slim, but it couldn’t hurt to check.

HEALTH is 100.

MONEY is 157.

Choices:

• Go to the movies with Mark. (requires 100$)
  • Go check on Eve.
  • Go check on Pandora’s Box.

0 voters

Powers:

• Increase strength
  • Increases reflexes
  • Increase speed
  • Increase vision.
  • Increase hearing.
  • Increase volume.

0 voters

It was on the 5th of July, 2018, that this forum game died. Rest in peace Choose Your Own Adventure.

Rip.

Choice Chosen:

Go Check On Eve.(Random!)

Power Chosen:

Increase Speed

Power Does Nothing

Teenage love.

I enter the hospital through an open window. There’s always one certain window left open that I use. I’m always busy during visitor hours.

There she is, still unconscious. She looks like an angel. I know she’s not sleeping, but I still have to say she looks beautiful when she sleeps. I’ve been watching a lot of movies. I didn’t understand why I was so protective of her. I first considered her to be my sister, but that’s not true. I love her. I don’t know if I’ll be able to live with myself if she never wakes up, but if she does wake up, clearly, today is not the day.

Go check on Pandora’s Box.

Pandora’s Box is dangerous and I have to make sure it is not in a compromising situation. I leave the city and approach the line separating Gorgon city from the desert.

An unbearable walk.

I walk through the desert in the writhing heat. I don’t know if I’ll be able to tolerate it much longer.

You are dead.

I keep walking through the desert, using none of my powers. The heat soon causes me to fall unconscious and after a few hours, it kills me.

You Are Dead

MONEY is 157.

Choices:

(None You Are Dead)

Powers:

• Increase strength
  • Increases reflexes
  • Increase speed
  • Increase vision.
  • Increase hearing.
  • Increase volume.

0 voters

Along with our protagonist…

sheds single tear

Congrats, the first post not posted by evolution4weak.

@Evolution4Weak where did you get the stories for this game?

http://chooseyourstory.com/story/homo-perfectus

1 Like