Democratic Worldbuilding / Planning New Game

I think we need some orgenize about all the phyllumes here

just to make sense and not to jump to every post here

I think it’s my time to add something interesting to the democracy here, since I’m probably the most knowledgeable about plants here (literally taking courses on phytopathology, plant ecology, plant physiology, plant genetic engineering, and botany), I’d like to suggest one thing (two) that don’t seem to be worked on much. But equally important.

It’s fine to accept my whole idea or reject it, but knowing that I’m giving an idea, I care that it was not a bad idea to suggest something that popped into my head.

Let’s say there are two types of photoautotrophic (plant) clades as agreed upon in Democracy.

This was explained a little in the seasons I wrote before, but briefly:
There are two types - one purple and the other black.

We have a realistic counterpart to purple, which comes from autotrophic purple bacteria.

The color black has no realistic equivalent for us for a simple physiological reason - the light of our sun is very strong. The violet does not absorb the entire spectrum and neither does the green for the same reason.

But what analogy can we make in our planet? (which there is not yet a name. I would like to suggest the name “Shinoy V” [‘change’ in Hebrew, because of the great change that goes through each time and the ‘V’ because, as agreed, it has the 5 seasons], for simplicity of course, I will use this name Here it is unless otherwise stated, it is only attributed to this post)

So in any case - the autotrophs on Shinoy must deal with several important factors mentioned in the seasons, as it is very relevant:

1. The strengths of the suns throughout the rotation period
  2. The cyclic periods of darkness caused by Shinoy’s rotation around the gaseous planet (it should also be named).
  3. Competition and niche

The autotrophs will probably be similar to Earth’s plants in terms of stationarity and probably also in terms of cell structure. They probably evolved very early in evolution at the same time, to solve these problems. But let’s list them:

• Microscopic

Microscopic phototropics reproduce very quickly in some cases, but 100% of them are present as long as there is the presence of available sunlight. In the sale of the Haliofin, I just mention what I wrote before - in the cold season, when the distance from the sun is very far, all types of colors will go into hibernation (in any number of ways - biofilm, escape or alternatively, symbiosis with chemotropics) or they will change generations (leaving spores resistant that will survive this period until better conditions).

When the thawing season arrives (it will take at least 200 days - like almost two seasons for us), the first ones to start multiplying and sprouting will be the black ones - because they are able to absorb the entire spectrum and therefore, make the most of the energy that arrives. Because they start spreading first, with it Shinoy’s albedo will also increase and with it, more heat remains on the planet, contributing to thawing.

After that, the next in line to start waking up or appearing are the purple ones and they will start to spread as well, but will encounter competition with the black ones, which have germinated first and are already taking up important nutrients. Along with this, there will probably be exceptions, which will be explained later.

This competition will kick off the spreading of the purples, but time is in their favor when the place starts to heat up and with it the blacks, in order to prevent themselves from getting hot and harming themselves, will go deeper into the sea or be in shady places, making room for the purples to spread out. At a certain point, the intensity of the light will be so strong that the blacks that are exposed to the sun (land or surface) will probably be forced to go into another coma or go through a change of generations and during the hot periods (‘summer’) the dominant color will be purple and the blacks will probably find refuge at the poles or in other unexpected places.

The cycle will repeat itself over and over as Shinoy begins to move away from the sun, the blacks will begin to fill in while conditions are favorable to them, and the purples will begin to enter a much longer hibernation than the blacks relative to him. At the exchange points for cold, they are black, they are the only color that will remain until, too, the intensity of the sun will be weak enough for them to function and thus, start the cycle again.

During the periods of darkness caused by the rotation, they will be similar to rainy days - a few days of darkness in the case of summer will not be a problem and you can rely on preservative materials (in plants the earth is the starch), but in the colder periods, the periods of darkness will only be prolonged and with it, will probably serve as a factor A true coma factor or a trigger for a generational change.

• Multicellular

In multicellular, the challenges mentioned above also work on them, but unlike them, they multiply relatively slower. The ability to try to acclimatize to the situation, they have to solve more problems - growth rate and size.

How big do the phototropics have to be in order to optimally utilize what is available in the environment?

Blacks apparently not only have the greatest time of light availability, this will give them an advantage to grow longer (remember - winters are longer than summer - more time to turn black) compared to the purples - which for them, a shorter time.
Water is another factor - the availability of water is probably just critical in Shinoy for the reason that it is very volcanically active and winter periods are similar to rainforests and monsoons. In winter, it is a problem of resistance against cold.

So who will be the biggest?

both. This leads me to a new type of ‘Clyde’:

• The Endoblack-purples

The best way to make the most of all the available resources would be a kind of symbiosis between 3 groups:

• The black ones - relatively larger window of light, grow slower, but also bigger. Can exist throughout the ‘Thaw’, ‘Spring’ and ‘Fall’ window.
  • The purples - a shorter light window, and therefore - grow faster, but there is not enough real time to grow to too large a size. They are active in the forest in the warm times.
  • Chemotropics - active all year long, as long as the conditions are favorable to them, produce less energy compared to light, but the availability of sulfur oxides in the dry atmosphere (under the sea it is volcanic eruptions that are not favored by multicellularity) allows them to assimilate energy in their own way.

The first to come is probably purple - it will develop a strange appearance for itself, but a trail of uniqueness, this plant will develop a fractal symmetry - all its sides will be repeating shapes. Such a form existed in the history of the earth, but all its representatives became extinct. They spread quickly on land, but during the summer, the black color is usually not found and they grow in two different light times compared to the purple which is continuous, and therefore they will be the first, as a result of competition during the transition seasons, to develop multicellularity and in water. But when moving to land, probably the purple multi-cell will have to make another adjustment - symbiosis with the chemotropics - because the conditions there are worse, probably the symbiosis allows for a special mentality throughout the year.

So, in the summer, this is the best time for the symbiote to store and grow, while in the cold, the endo-violet will probably either die and carry out generation processes, but if the chemotropic symbiote, they can replace them as an energy source and probably use sulfur as a by-product to maintain protection against the cold on land.

The blacks on the other hand, limited by the long light windows, but not consistent, will follow a different strategy - lichen behavior - they will be smaller compared to the endo-violets, but the black lichen will manage to be distributed all over the place and thanks to the faster change of generations, will be able to cope and change more Good compared to the purple ones.

But probably one representative of them will actually lose their pigmentation and will probably become a parasite or decomposer like mushrooms.

And another one will go for an unexpected point, which will probably become dominant - the Endoblack-purples. The black lichen at the beginning during the coldest periods, will be able to take advantage of the violet endo and suck the nutrients that the chemotropics do, but later on, it changed direction from this group and began to live among them and enjoy protection as well as food, but in return - produces energy during the transition seasons - which the violet is not exactly capable of. So during the biological forging, the most dominant symbiote on Shinoy was created - in the heat it is purple, in the transition seasons it is black and in the cold they are white-yellow due to the sulfur that protects them - the perfect color change and with it, probably the most dominant on land.

In water this will not be possible because water absorbs light, so there is a certain level, but all 3 of these phototropic types will probably be the most common and will use many possible survival strategies - from growing fast, my life dies several times in one season, to geophytic which hides underground in off seasons Favorites until it pops up again (probably a strategy the first two phototropics would use, like onions)

Then I think it’s just a guess, but I hope it will give a possible picture of the location of the phototropics.

And again, your opinion is important to you in this case, so wake up and say anything you have in mind about it, because I’ve dug enough.

4 Likes

Didn’t an idea similiar to this lose when we voted to decide how the autotrophic clades would work?

2 Likes

personally, i feel like it’d be best for a species of one of the motile phyla with circulatory systems to be the phototroph group that eats the sun whenever there’s sunlight.

1 Like

Well
I say ome radians of possibility

Its still aplay to what everyone say i the end

Lest not tok about parasitic plants, animal plants symbiosis and chimosythntic

1 Like

Might be just me but wouldn’t war cultures be more limited or something, given the fact summer is super short compare to the long hard winters making it nessacary to prepare large ladders for winter which the short summer I doubt even produce on masse, making also campaiging session also quite short compare to the planning time

Idk might just be me

Do war during the winter or somethind idk.

even if the warm periods its 1/4 of the total year, its still leave us with 250 days - much longer than 2.5 time on earth’s normal summer (I think, normally, its will be like around 2/7 [284 days~] to 3/7 [427 days~]. as reminder, its 996 days long). may the winner its longer and use as a breaker, like if u fight in cold Europe.

that true that ‘winter’ its very long, and its will effect warfare, but they still have not soo short warm period. maybe from the middle-end of Neotixi to near the end of Exofinoio will be the active period.

3 Likes

Thank you doom, I was kinda at a loss with that before cause of how european warfare just stops during winter during the medievel age due to supply issues for a army to even try an forage for food. But thank you for that info

2 Likes

Personally, I think it first depends on which creature that creates a civilization will live on the moon that we created earlier and based on its anatomy and its behavior, we can see in depth how a fight between them, if any, will happen.

It requires a lot of directions, geography, strategy and limitations from all directions before we can really conclude what it will look like.

I suppose that on the general and simple basis, we can think about what fighting was like during the days of the Iron Age in Northern Europe (analogy - Scandinavia, Franks, Eskimos)

2 Likes

I can guess that designing all the elements for our species will take lots of work and lots of time.

1 Like

That waht i think, but its depence on how its will come in the end

that not on me, but yes

1 Like

Only after that will come the proper game… can’t wait to experience it.

6 Likes

I forgot to say this, but now double posting is literally impossible to do unless you are the user that started the thread, or a mod.

2 Likes

I wonder what would happen if a non-mod and non-thread-creator person tried to post something interesting but it went above the word limit and they couldn’t make a second post to finish it…

1 Like

keep the parts you couldn’t post in a draft, put at the end a message you hit the word limit and that you need someone to reply to the thread so you can post the rest of your idea, and then wait. but first, make sure it’s been condensed as best it can while keeping the original meaning

1 Like

…now that I think about it, couldn’t the one posting such a message just write it in a text file, embed it somewhere and then paste a link to that file in the forum?

2 Likes

i honestly completely forgot we use already pastebin for logs when writing that.

1 Like