Endless Expanse 2.0

If I have to have a membrane and an RNA duplicase, whats the point of even writing it?

the mutations you want to add and the description you are aiming for

i did say you can be a swimming RNA replicase if you want to though and swim into a membrane or smth to gain one

or you could be a swimming subcellular parasite that fits all the definitions of alive except the cells part and just uses cells to get nutrients to replicate yourself

Actually I guess a membrane wouldnā€™t give any benefits to me anyway because it would just limit the sunlight I get.

that would help you until you can photosynthesize

also you at least need a protein membrane if you want to be a self replicating thylakoid

1 Like

I already can photosynthesise?

not yet, i havenā€™t rolled for it yet and you need a photoreactive pigment like chlorophyll to have a sun fueled metabolism

and that goes in the traits slot

ya know what im just gonna start you off as a swimming rna duplicase with an RNA based flagellum metabolism will be heat gradient because of how RNA works

I guess I will add silicon/boron/phosphorous based photosynthesis to my traits instead of flaggela

for the electricity?

Yes, it uses electricity instead of ATP
EDIT: Iā€™ll evolve flagella instead of a backup of its genes

why not instead of the nucleus thing since a plasmid would be more useful than a nucleus when you are smaller than the smallest of bacteria

Why am I that small? I am essentially a ton of tiny solar cells, they should be able to get fairly large for cells.

but you are an RNA molecule with photosynthesis? RNA duplicase is smaller than some viruses

1 Like

I am silicon based, I donā€™t actually have RNA, I would be using totally different molecules, besides, even if it is only an RNA duplicase analog that can photosynthesize, the photosynthesising part can get pretty large.

slightly larger anaouge of RNA that can photosynthesize then, it still needs good structure to get bigger than 1 nanometer.

well, more like 5 but still

The RNA part doesnā€™t have to get super large, but the part that is basically just a solar panel could easily scale up.

thatā€™s the part i meant needs good structure as RNA has inherently good structure if made right

Ok, and solar panels also have good structure, they can get many meters in length, and Iā€™m not trying to get nearly that large.

and yours are atoms thick while regular solar panels are milimeters thick, huge difference

But my cell can also get thicker as I scale up?

you arenā€™t a cell yet? you have no membrane/wall? thatā€™s a trait btw, not one you need but one required for cells.