For the sake of my creative abilities please open this thread

I was not, but because you’re virtually the only other person in this thread… yes, yes I was.

2 Likes

Made a small sculpture of “stick boi” in art class out of a moldable eraser because why not.

Edit:

Decapitation, very gruesome

2 Likes

Well, since you brought it up…

How’s the progress on your creature?

1 Like

Gave up, if you mean the eel thing. I didn’t like it too much, but I’ll keep you(s) posted if I start another alien drawing. might be digital.

2 Likes

hey, @Magic8Ball04 post your updates about the lukre here!

2 Likes

Will do, glad to see that you want to see it to the end… or you’re just an undercover server admin.

2 Likes

Double posting like an actual mad lad.

Hello there friends, I have decided to take the “Lukre” creature (name is set unless another, better one is suggested) to the realm of binary containment. Color scheme is… interchangeable with only minor physical pain given to me. Anyways id like feedback because this is the first digital piece ive ever been really serious about finishing.

Red blob worm gleefully observes taxation without representation

Its pretty mediocre quality but I had to make the file fit.

Edit: I should mention that its nowhere near done.

Update:

My pitiful attempt at shading

Edit #2: I’ve decided that I’m making a sort of ecosystem with my drawings. If you scroll up a tad you will find the dentaformamentis (I don’t know if I spelled that right but I don’t really care). I’ve choosen to make the dentaformamentis a phylum by itself in this fictional ecosystem I’m making. However this word doesn’t really mean much so I’m switching it to “pulmonemsacci”, meaning lung sack.
This change means a few things.
A. The old creature I made needs a new name
B. I’m making a tree of life for this fictional planet
C. This planet needs a name

Anyway if anyone has any ideas I’d be glad to hear them!

4 Likes

for the old creature, how about Si’ovrek?
for the planet, Gevva’a,
what do you think abot these names?

1 Like

I do indeed like them, do they have an actual meaning or did you just think of them off the top of your head?

i made them up, but i’ll give them meaning.
Si’ovrek is a mix between 2 words, Si’om, meaning whistler, and evrek, meaning tundra, so the name roughly translates to whistler of the tundra.
Gevva’a means land of the Gev. the Gev are the sentient lifeforms of the planet.

1 Like

Me like, especially the second one.

Uhhhhhh…

Surprise creature

Meet the Hermit! Don’t really have an official bio yet, I’ll probably make it digital eventually. Uhhh. Here’s a summed up version.

The hermit is a herbivorous bipedal creature. It is best known for its habit of collecting abandoned bones, marking them, and then securing them to its head/body/whatever, hence its name. Highly timid, the Hermits best strategy is intimidation. It does this by a few methods. Feathers with eye shaped markings, large bones (collected from other animals), and tall posture.

I’m thinking of having “official names” for creatures but also kind of “street names”. For example the “Hermit” could also have an official name which I haven’t decided yet.

What do y’all think?

1 Like

so like scientific names and normal names? like how we call ourselves humans but our scientific name is homo sapiens sapiens. is that what you’re going for?

anyways, you should propably draw the Gev next, i really wanna see what they look like.

1 Like

Yes that is what I mean I’m just stupid.

And I want to draw them but I still have no idea what I want them to look like. Once I finish my evolution tree it will be a lot easier and I’m already about halfway done.

Current Tree of “Animal” Multicellular Life on Gevva’a

Multicellular Life
Pulmonemsacci

Pulmonemsacci translates to “lung sack”.
They can be identified by their lung sack, mollusk-like locomotion, and their carapace.

• Lukre
  • Si’ovrek
Tonitrua

Tonitrua translates to “thunder”.
They can be identified by asexual reproduction and their lack of a central nervous system.

• Rund
Possible third phylum

This phylum May include the Hermit and the Gev unless a good argument can be made for the Hermit to be put in one of the other two phylums. If the Hermit is decided to be put in this phylum, this phylum will need it’s own characteristics that the Gev could fit under (if they won’t already be in one of the other phylums)

Update: I have 3 possible Gev concepts… yeah.

Three Gev concepts

• I like concept 1
  • I like concept 2
  • I like concept 3
  • I like _ but I would change…(comment)
  • I hate all of them

0 voters

(Note:
A. If no one votes then I’ll just choose myself, I just want feedback
B. Concepts 2 and 3 are a bit more rushed than concept one so please excuse that)

3 Likes

I like 2 as the Gev should be more similliar to the hermit, because it’s body shape seems more efficient to a sentient creature, don’t ya think?

1 Like

That is a good point;
Concept 1 is related to the Si’ovrek
Concept 2 is related to the Hermit
And concept 3 is related to the Rund
(Each of the 3 phylums)

Are you saying that an intelligent creature should be more mobile? I can easily make two more concepts to make it a fair fight if that’s preferable…

Edit: I accidentally chose I hate all of them

1 Like

Updates:

• I’m still working on Gev concepts
Meet the Vent Guard!

Not done yet… obviously… here’s a quick bio.

The Vent Guard is a member of the tunitrua phylum. The Vent Guard is partially blind and senses it’s environment with sensitive hairs on its body. It feeds on the heat from vents in caves by fitting its feeding tube over to openings. The caves they live in have virtually no predators which lets the Vent Guard live to extraordinary ages and sizes.

Excess heat and liquid are stored in a pouch on the Vent Guards chest and can be squeezed to expel boiling urine and gas.

1 Like

looks pretty good! Where is the feeding tube? all I saw was an ant-like mouth.

1 Like

It’s not shaded very well and it’s also not really even a tube. It’s the thing that kind of looks like genitalia.

Update that I forgot: I’m also planning on making simplified versions of the creatures I’ve made so keep an eye out for them!

Update:

As promised! Generation 1 on Gevva’a (1 generation = 5 organisms)! I plan on keep making these creatures and keep making simplified versions every 5 organisms. Also I’m not that good in digital so some practice is good for me.

Gev concept is going a little slower than planned; I want to make a few more creatures before I do but I’m still thinking about it. Another concept is coming soon… something big…

4 Likes