Glucose and hydrogen sulfur became NaN

I’m using 0.5.9 on Windows 10.

I was in multicellular stage in easy mode. I don’t know if any of these are important.
I decided to add mitochondria to the cell I spawn with and The thing to transform green to glucose on another one, I had nothing that used any of these. As soon as I quit the editor I see glucose NaN and when I get the other cell the green appears to also be NaN.
Visually the bar was as if I had 0 Glucose and 0 green thing. Other than that everything worked.
The problem continued the second time I joined the editor.

When recreating the bug to get the logs I just had two cells one above another, I decided to add mitochondria to both. here are the logs of when I recreated the bug but I doubt there will be anything useful:

Start editing cell type: Stem

Starting microbe editor with: 9 organelles in the microbe

Placing organelle ‘mitochondrion’ at: 2, -1

Creating cell type change action for type: Stem

MicrobeEditor: updated organelles for cell: Stem

Creating cell type change action for type: Stem

EarlyMulticellularEditor: applying changes to edited Species

MicrobeEditorReportComponent: applying changes of component

MicrobeEditorPatchMap: applying changes of component

CellBodyPlanEditorComponent: applying changes of component

Edited species name is now Primum thrivium

CellEditorComponent: applying changes of component

Cell editor skip applying changes as no target cell properties set

Applying patch (Mosterlarytic Volcanic Vent) settings

Number of clouds in this patch = 9

Changing spawn density of glucose from 0,3542939 to 0,3188646

oxygen spawn density is 0. It won’t spawn

carbondioxide spawn density is 0. It won’t spawn

nitrogen spawn density is 0. It won’t spawn

sunlight spawn density is 0. It won’t spawn

temperature spawn density is 0. It won’t spawn

Number of chunks in this patch = 5

MARINE_SNOW spawn density is 0. It won’t spawn

Number of species in this patch = 4

Changing spawn density of 3 from 0,06422922 to 0,06290309

Changing spawn density of 1 from 0,06002701 to 0,06189085

Changing spawn density of 2 from 0,03709662 to 0,05669743

Registering new spawner: Name: 4 density: 0,02686486

Jukebox now playing from: EarlyMulticellularStage

Resetting growth in a multicellular colony

Jukebox: starting track: res://assets/sounds/microbe-theme-5.ogg position: 133,6599

Jukebox: starting track: res://assets/sounds/soundeffects/microbe-ambience-3.ogg position: 392,7413

Jukebox: starting track: res://assets/sounds/soundeffects/microbe-ambience2.ogg position: 0

Touched eligible microbe has disappeared before binding could start Touched eligible microbe has disappeared before binding could start Touched eligible microbe has disappeared before binding could start Touched eligible microbe has disappeared before binding could start Touched eligible microbe has disappeared before binding could start Touched eligible microbe has disappeared before binding could start ERROR: Index p_shape_index = 12 is out of bounds (total_subshapes = 0). at: shape_find_owner (scene/3d/collision_object.cpp:529) ERROR: Index p_shape_index = 15 is out of bounds (total_subshapes = 0). at: shape_find_owner (scene/3d/collision_object.cpp:529) ERROR: Index p_shape_index = 15 is out of bounds (total_subshapes = 0). at: shape_find_owner (scene/3d/collision_object.cpp:529) ERROR: Index p_shape_index = 58 is out of bounds (total_subshapes = 19). at: shape_find_owner (scene/3d/collision_object.cpp:529) ERROR: Index p_shape_index = 61 is out of bounds (total_subshapes = 19). at: shape_find_owner (scene/3d/collision_object.cpp:529) ERROR: Index p_shape_index = 52 is out of bounds (total_subshapes = 19). at: shape_find_owner (scene/3d/collision_object.cpp:529) ERROR: Index p_shape_index = 24 is out of bounds (total_subshapes = 19). at: shape_find_owner (scene/3d/collision_object.cpp:529)

child process exited with code 0

Thrive has exited normally (exit code 0).

Keep the good work!

2 Likes

Your explanation is a bit unclear, could you explain things step by step more clearly? If you can get the problem to happen again screenshots would be nice (press F12 in the game for Thrive to take a screenshot).

Also for log excerpts you should use the code tags

to make it like this

that makes the text not take up a ton of vertical space.

Compound amounts becoming NaN is a known bug:

But there should already be a mitigation that just replaces NaN values with 0. But if this only happened in a colony it may be that the mitigation doesn’t fully work.