(Merlok keeper of the liberty top-hat) #1

Dont reply yet i need to find a better site

(The Third Duke of Silly) #2

Not precisely a β€˜future game’ topic.
I’d put it in Meta.

(Merlok keeper of the liberty top-hat) #3

so what do you guys think about my idea

(He who created all life in his stupid image) #4

I am not too sure what you hope to achieve with this. This website is not exactly well-known, so even if we got your little project started, the maximum amount of exposure we could gain is quite limited. So is the amount of talented people, who are capable of creating vivid pixel art on this forum. And those artist that actually got these skills would be better suited to put their talents to work on actual art design for the game, if they want to. So, all in all, it would probably end up being a waste of time.

(Merlok keeper of the liberty top-hat) #5

Its an idea and yes we could get a little bit of people out of it and its just a way to get spread the word

(He who created all life in his stupid image) #6

Look, I am all for getting the word out, and it is great that people are thinking about ways to make Thrive more popular. But this way … gathering a few people with not exactly common skills to make art on a niche site? And even if people saw it there, we had no guarantee, that the people seeing it would be interested in a game like Thrive. So if you want to get people interested, then we should come up with something more targeted and on a plattform that is more frequented.

(Merlok keeper of the liberty top-hat) #7

Yes you are right, i’ll try to find more popular sites that would be better to spread the word

("Belgium isotope" "Achievement hunter" "King of badcalls") #8

Maybe we could ask some Youtubers such as PewDiePie, Markiplier, jacksepticeye, etc. to test this game in a video, so that many people with or without talent will come on this forum or the dev of the game.

(He who abuses the search function) #9

That idea has been suggested before, and the overall consensus was to wait until we actually had fun gameplay.

(Merlok keeper of the liberty top-hat) #10

Yea lets wait until 0.4.0 then we can suggest it to them

(𝑻𝒉𝒆 π‘±π’π’π’π’š π‘¬π’Žπ’‘π’†π’“π’π’“ 𝒐𝒇 𝑺𝒆𝒂𝒇𝒐𝒐𝒅) #11

Personally, I would wait until 1.0 at least.

(Merlok keeper of the liberty top-hat) #12

Yea maybe it would be better if we do it at the release of 1.0

We may never make it to 1.0 if we don’t do a large marketing push after 0.4.1 (that’s planned to be a polished and fun release).

(𝑻𝒉𝒆 π‘±π’π’π’π’š π‘¬π’Žπ’‘π’†π’“π’π’“ 𝒐𝒇 𝑺𝒆𝒂𝒇𝒐𝒐𝒅) #14

oh really? goodie. I kinda meant 1.0 as any β€˜completed’ β€˜microbial’ β€˜stage’

That is the planned version number for that. And as I said we may not get there unless we get new developers from a large outreach effort once the game is presentable.

("Belgium isotope" "Achievement hunter" "King of badcalls") #16

For PewDiePie!

(𝒦𝒾𝓃𝑔 π‘œπ’» π’―π’½π’Ύπ“ƒπ‘”π“ˆ) #17

I can imagine people watching popular YouTubers playing this and everyone will be talking about it, and it will get a toxic fan base like Rick and Morty :joy:

(RizkyPramudyaCJ) #18

I have a idea. I can imagine if we can spread the world of Thrive to popular YouTubers even Indonesian Youtubers (Ar Liez, Keyshia Jugosatrio, Reza Oktovian, Jess No Limit, even with million subscribers youtubers) when we have reach a version which are fun.