The Techno-Zen Elysium

THE HOSPITAL

THE CHRONICLER

Feeling a sudden burst of rage, you end up pressing the button to the second floor, where you are convinced lies an armory

The doors slide open and you rush down the hallways as fast as your atrophied, probably-still-broken legs can carry you

Some guards come running down the staircase but they’re no match for your supersonic speeds

You reach a door labeled “security room” and enter, seeing a few tv screens like in your hospital, but for some reason all stacked on each other, a couch, a sleeping guard at the tv area, and a small row of black stick things

After locking the door you pick up one of the black sticks, it has a little handle that makes a fun noise when you move it, and a triangle shaped thing on one end

THE MIND

This is clearly a club, but what idiot would make it so unnecessarily complex?

THE SOUL

Ah, you will truly never understand the intricacies of art, this is clearly a work that rivals even that of the louvre!

THE AWARE

The guards are attempting to break the door open, but it seems to be very sturdy.

THE CHRONICLER

The guard on the cameras wakes up with a jolt and looks around confused, before seeing you with a club and freaking out.

GUARD GUY

Ah! Don’t hurt me!

THE WRATH

BASH HIS BRAINS IN, NOW!

THE CHRONICLER

You charge over and give him a solid smack with your club, knocking him out and spraying blood all over the television screens

The sight of the spray draws your eyes to them, and you notice that they all seem to be of the hospital, with one even showing you on it

You didn’t know that you were a celebrity…

THE AWARE

What’s going on with that one on the left?

THE CHRONICLER

You turn your head and see your old room, but your roommate is no where to be seen.

THE PARANOIA

OH NO! He’s become a zombie! It’s the only logical conclusion.

THE MIND

Don’t be daft, they probably just moved him to some other room, any way what we need to focus on right now is getting out of this room, and, by extension this hospital, before we’re taken back to a prison.

THE WRATH

SILENCE, NERD! WE NEED TO DESTROY THESE PUNY WEAKLINGS AND MAKE A STATEMENT THAT OUR ENEMIES WILL NOT SOON FORGET!

DON’T MESS WITH THE NAKED APE!

OOHAHAHAOOAHAOHAOAHAOHA!

Health points: 5/5

Morale points: 3/5

Inventory:

-hospital gown (worn)

“its step up at least.” – the chronicler

“ugh, it is so… bland! We must spice it up with some FASHION!” – the soul

-bloody stained underwear (in storage bin)

“while it does hide your… unmentionables, its hardly better than running around completely naked, it has holes, mysterious stains, and is drenched in blood…” – the chronicler

-rusty nail (in storage bin)

“This could be useful to make something…” - the aware

-bloody left sock worn (in storage bin)

“You should probably get a new left sock.” – the chronicler

-bloody right sock (in storage bin)

“didn’t I just describe this?” – the chronicler

-bloodied bone club (+1 on attack rolls) (in storage bin)

“You don’t know how you got it, but it seems to have bits of gore stuck to the head…” - the chronicler

“ooh… ah… ah…” - the wrath

-weird black club (+1 on attack rolls)

“haha, club go chkchk” – the wrath

Strength: 2/10

Dexterity: 5/10 (4/10)

Intelligence: 4/10 (5/10)

Psyche: 2/10 (1/10)

NEAT FREAK

NAKED APE

TAX EVASION: -1 INT +1 PSY +1 DEX

BROKEN LEGS: cannot walk for a while

• charge out of the room and attack the guards (5/10)
  • charge out of the room and run away from the guards (3/10)
  • stay in the room
  • take a nap

0 voters

1 Like

ATTENTION ATTENTION ONE AND ALL!

I will be returning to this forum game and revitalizing it, I have gained much skill in writing and I have also actually played Disco Elysium (something that I had not done when I last took this over, in fact back then I didn’t know a thing about Disco Elysium).

Now I will be able to much more accurately frame the Disco Elysium experience, and provide a much better game for all of you.

I will, however, be starting over.

With ‘Techno-Zen Elysium’.

I will write out the story and post the first chapter soon, and no, this will (hopefully) not interfere with my other works.

2 Likes

Sounds interesting.
: D

1 Like

Iseenowustartoneagain.
its look intresting

1 Like

everyone: this looks interesting.
meanwhile info about the game:

You told us too much info, you should leave room for a little bit of mystery

1 Like

Okay so here it is, the game follows the same rules as Disco Elysium for the skills, Intellect, Psyche, Physique, And Motorics.
Thinker: Int 5, Psy 1, Fys 2, Mot 4.
Extremely intelligent. Very bad with people. Knows interesting facts, comes up with original ideas.
+1 ENCYCLPEDIA
Sensitive: Int 1, Psy 5, Fys 4, Mot 2.
Very Psychological. A magnetic personality, but unstable (might begin to lose his mind).
+1 INLAND EMPIRE
Physical: Int 1, Psy 2, Fys 5, Mot 4.
Extremely Physical. Interacts with the world through his body. Gets things done, but dumb as a rock.
+1 HAND/EYE COORDINATION

• Thinker
  • Sensitive
  • Physical

0 voters

I will close the poll in 1-2 hours.

1 Like

the people have spoken

Poll closed; Thinker chosen.

You should make these pools remain open for longer

THE VOID

THE STEM – You float placidly in The Nothingness. You do not open your eyes, you do not need to. There is nothing that could possibly disturb you in this state; nothing.

YOU – Hmm… sounds… nice…

THE STEM – It is quite nice. There is nothing here that could ruin this, no itchiness, no pain, no ExEs.

YOU – What was… that about the ‘exes?’

THE STEM – It is nothing, just another problem that you don’t have to face here.

Rest my child. Rest.

VOLITION – No!

YOU – Hm?

THE STEM – Ignore that, listen to my voice. MINE. And it will all fade away…

VOLITION – NO!

YOU – What… what is that?

THE STEM – I sAiD iGnOrE iT!!!

VOLITION – You need to wake up! Now!

• LISTEN TO THE STEM
  • LISTEN TO VOLITION

0 voters

1 Like

I’m starting a pm for anyone who wants to play this game, as i cannot @ you individually or as a group, so this will be the only way to let you know if a new round has come out.
You may also speak about the game on there.
I will repost this every once in a while in case someone wants to join.

• I WILL JOIN

0 voters

1 Like

me, who votes even when im not joined in these games:

THE HOTEL ROOM OF DEPRESSION

YOU – No… I think I… I think I should listen to that… other guy…

THE STEM – No! ThIs Is FoR yOuR oWn GoOd!

NARRATOR – The Stem’s voice slowly fades from your subconscious, as Volition’s becomes more and more prominent.

VOLITION – WAKE UP NOW!

NARRATOR – Your eyes snap open and you gasp desperately for oxygen, though the air gives you nothing but the smell of rotten eggs. Your mind panics as it realizes that you are suffocating.

HALF-LIGHT – YoU nEeD tO gEt OuT oF hErE!

LOGIC – Why is this happening? Why can you not breathe?

PERCEPTION – There. The window is cracked. Air is being sucked out of it.

NARRATOR – The air is thin and has no life-sustaining oxygen in it.

LOGIC – Hmm. That would mean that we are at a high altitude. I wonder where we a-

HALF-LIGHT – tHaT dOeSn’T mAtTeR! wE’rE dYiNg!

PERCEPTION – There, by your hand is an oxygen mask.

NARRATOR – You clumsily bring the mask up to your face and strap it on. You then feel actual breathable air enter your lungs as you try to catch your breath.

You fail and cough your lungs out for several minutes. Before you are eventually able to bring your breathing under control.

You then take a glance around the room. The floor is carpeted and covered in fresh stains. As are the walls. There is a bed to your left, well, more of a bed frame actually. The mattress is below you. And the bed frame’s sheets and pillows are sprawled across the room intermingling with bottles of alcohol.

The cracked window is right before you, you can see nothing but a green sky beyond it. And to your right is the door to the bathroom, the sound of running water emanates from it.

Behind you is a closed door, which presumably leads out of this room.

Also. You are in your underwear, just, btw. There are several articles of clothing sprawled across the room.

VOLITION – I would suggest you put them on before leaving.

CONCEPTUALIZATION –No! That would be too pedestrian for someone of our tastes. Make a statement – don’t put them on!

VOLITION – Do not listen to him, you will be arrested if you walk out of this room in just your underwear.

ENCYCLOPEDIA – Public indecency is indeed illegal here.

LOGIC – Which is?

ENCYCLOPEDIA – …

• STAND UP AND GO TO THE BATHROOM
  • STAND UP AND LEAVE THE ROOM
  • STAND UP AND COLLECT YOUR CLOTHES
  • CURL UP AND CRY

0 voters

1 Like

NARRATOR – You attempt to stand up from your bed. And then you immediately regret it as your head explodes in pain.

PAIN THRESHOLD – T̴̢͈̤̊͛̐̽̃̌̽̉͗h̶̡̛̞̥̥͈͉̩̺̳̭͎̜̮̓̾̾̌̑͒̂̌́̌̒͝E̶̛͇͍͇̦͉͙͖͊̊̔̀̒̈́̒̀̇͜͜ ̵̜͓̦͂̀̋̄̓͐͌̓͗͘͝p̴̛͎̝̥͉̖͉̫̯̺̰̤̔̂̾̇̓̏̕A̷̢̨̨̡͙̪̪̳̦̠͉̠̮̥͋i̸̧̢̡̖̲̻͓̮̝̳̗̠̪͑̾ͅN̴̫̞̙̫̫̞̩̫̈́̈́̃́̑́̎̏͒̂̽̎͘͠ͅ!̵̳͈̭̼̠͚̹̱͍͚̔ͅ ̸̧̧͍̰͓͙̥̝͖̻̦͚̪̥̩̈́̑̐̌̈̌͒̿͘ī̴̢̳̺͇͓͇̩͓͚̗̺͕̰̯̫͛̃̓́͘͜Ț̸͖͆̇̚ ̸̥͙̗̰̃̓̀͒ī̸̜͔͚̳̱̞̲̻̼̰̠͔̰̉̌̉͛͑̈̿͜S̶̻̭̹͉̱̲͚̻̯͒̿̏͗̏̊̋̈́̑͆̚͝ ̷̨̡̲͔̝͎̮̩̥̫̞̩̝̗̗̎̔̉ä̶̡̨͍̬̩̣̩͈̳̙̗̻́̉L̶̡̡̨̨̢̺̼͇͚̻̰̗̹͙̮̝̓͊̏̓l̴̮̱̟̼̥͕̖̬̬̪̭̹̭̂̄͜͝ ̴̛͖̰͈̩̘̝̠͕̠̮̳̭̬̙̏̑̈̅̈̒̍̓͂̾̓C̶͍̑̔̏o̵̡̢̢̡̡̫̮̫̬̹̮̗͖̹̔͗͒̎̅̾͋̋̉̅̑͝N̴͉͑́̀͒̚͝͝ͅs̴̺̠̹̤̲̬͇̻͗͜U̵͕͉̖͕͍̲̻͈͇̤̙͗̑̑͑̒̈́͗̒̆̋̆̾́̉̈́̚ͅm̵̢̖͖̪̘̬͐̒͑̑͋͊̀̇̾̉̒͜I̶̡̝̙̥̤͎̜̬͖͉͆͐̓͆͘̕͝n̸̛͕̯̯͍̼̖̬̈́̿̉̍͒̒͒̋̄̚͠G̵̨̡̳̼̖̳̯͓̻̎̆͗͋̾̄̓̓͐̍̚̕͠ͅͅ!̶̡̜̯̣̯͎̘͔̦̪̭̦̐͊̇̄͋̃̋͘͘͘ͅ ̴̨͎̰͕̦̞͖̗̲̮͕̮̓́͊͆̿̊̚ͅm̴̡̢̨͈̙̞̳͕̯͑̀̕͘A̶͙̹̜͚̗̩̘̪̤͔̙̓́̔̂̐̿͑͋̓ͅk̴̹̳̳̹͖͂͂̀̑̽̈E̴̠̞͒̀̊͗̇̂̂̕͝͝ ̴̛͔̬̍̅̂͐̾̀̿̎͘̕͝ĭ̵̡͓̩̻̋͌̇̒͘T̴̢͎͎̉̕ ̷̢̧̨̤͕̺̙͇̙͕̲̳̰̼̼̮͔̃̐̉̂̾̆̓͂̀̚e̴̛̩̲̗͚̯̒̐́̋͐̓̆̀́̿̊͋̈́͛͜͝N̴̡̧̨̨̧̢͙͙̹̹̬͈̻̈́͒̓͜͝d̴͔̺̹̆̑̊̌̓̀́͘!̵̨̘̌͗͑͝

NARRATOR – You fall back down to the bed and clutch your skull as your thinking grinds to a halt; there is no room for anything other than the pain.

H̷̥͕̤̮̭͖̟̰̠͔̮̔͐̏̌̈È̶̙̻̫̩͍͔͇̩͜Ą̵̧̳̪͔͕̦̘̎̉̇̐L̷̡̨͖͙̰̱͙̩̦̪̘̖̟̼̂̐̈͊͒͐̅͂͋̀̒̄̿̔͠ͅͅT̸̛̙͇͉̯͛̑̅̉̉̎̿̑̔̈̂̚̕͜H̷͉̭̞̪̙̘̲̾̔̕͜ ̶̧̪̬̗͖̣̘͛̀̈̊̄͗͌́̀̈́̚͝͝͝͝-̶̣͓͙͈̅̐̓̽̀̎͛̕1̴̨̜̯̯̍̇̓̿͑̕
̴̧̢͙̳̻̳̮̩͔͆͜
̷̡̡͈͓̜͚͈̤̰̪̹̝̝̭͔̪̑̋͌̄̕̚ͅH̸̜͂͛̋͛̇̈̾͛͛̔͑̏͗̿̈́͛̚Ẽ̵̻̫̟͕̘͘A̴̛̜̪̺͇͚̖̝̮̞͓̘͇͛̄̌͊̈͂͗͂̕T̶̛̟̮̙̪̼̺̫̫̞̘̻̫̩̗͖͛̇̓̋̿̔̑͜H̸͇̩̪̱̝͓̪̘͕͗͆̂̊̀̃̅̑̀̀̽ ̴̡̪̣͉̬͚͊̒̇̈̉̕͜͜͝+̸̛͙̩̎̔̀͊͛̅́̚͘1̶̰̬͚͛̉̉̅
̶͓͓̣̈̕
̶͖̯̠̦̫̦̰͗̾͛̓̇̎͐̾H̶̨̛̼͈̬̝̙̥̙̾̃̑̄̒͊̅͐̊̍̈́̕ͅẼ̴̘̙͗͂̈́͌̌̀͂͜͝Ą̷̢̛̻̣̹͔͔̠̘̳͉̪̉̀̓̄͜ͅḀ̸̞̼̲̫̥͓̻̪̣̩̜̪̔̽̊̇̀̅͌͂͗̋͑͒̈́͘̚͠S̷̞͕̐̋H̷̨̧̛̭͓̳̜̦̅̑̋̐͋͗͒͆͆͒͘͜͜͠ͅ ̴̧̧̛̛̳̩̖̼͔̲̻̟̗̰̙̺̻̀̾̂̽̓̀̓̓̈́̏͂̿̽͘͜͜͠-̸̧̨̧͚̩̠̳͈̜̗̫̹̝̀̚͜S̸̛̞͓͎̳̩̬̥͉̀̌̎̌̿Ȕ̸͔̫͍̥̰̦̲̰̪̫͈̙̤̑̓̎͂͘͠Á̶̰͉̳͚͖͉͉̀̈́̀͂͑̍͛͒͐̿̅̔̍̑́̚J̴̨̨̖͙̰̙̮̯̖̗̱͚̰̫͉̈́͌̿̎̊͛̎̕͠ͅS̸̛̛͖̓̉̽͂̋́̐̔̚
̶̻̘̹̪̒̏̑͒̉̀̽͆̈̂͑͂̕ͅ
̵̧̨̢̖̭̝͎͙̝͉͈̼̺̼̼͊̈̓̃̂̋̀̏̈́̔̚̚͝Ȩ̴̨̧̫̥̙̹͕͈͎̮͎̩̯̥̐͗Ă̸̢̫̜̟̯̫͇̹̦̦̳͕̬̗̹̙̅̀̓͂͊T̶̢͍̱̑̎̂͌̕͝D̶̛̛̪̼͇̰̪͚̳̭͓͠B̴̦͙̼̤̥̟̜̘͗̆̉͂̔̀̕͠A̵̡̨̛̯̺̤̰̬̪̣̼̲̔̂̄̍͛͆̎̈́̓H̴̢̭̩̼̮̘̗̦̝͕̘̯͎͖̎͊̾͌̈͗̏̓͗̀̆̌̕ͅD̴̰̺̙̩̲̣̰̯̼̈̈͋̋̊͊̍͒̇̿̓̉̒̓͘͝A̷̩͚͓͖̝̱̼̘͚͑̈́̂͑͐̽́̍͗̚ͅH̶̬̰̼̝̤̖̓̈́́͗̒̏͘ ̴͙͇͖̠̑͂̇̌̌͊͂̉+̶̢̧̡̺̭̟͕̯̮̹͇͕͓̪͍͉̐͒̓̀͒̒̎́̈́̽͋̓̾̕̚͘͝ͅ1̵̘̟̉̓̎̃̿̈̀͑̑̓̚͠͝1̷̹̲̘͚͈͍̳̑̏̓̊͒͆̄̋̓̈́̋̚͝0̶̧̢̛͔̙͈͖͙̭̰̰̿̀̿͐͒͊̐̈́̆͑̆̾͒͐1̴̛̦̙̦̤̠͓̺͇̻̞̜̈́͆̈́̍̾͗̈̑̆͝0̶̛͙̹̠̦͖̦̼͖̎̽̎̀͝͝1̸̨̛̤̳̱͓̞̦̻̭̘̥̬̯̬͊̈́́͒1̸̙̈́͒̌̾0̸̩̹͎͎̟́0̴̱̰͈̺͇̰͙̪̯̟̙͔̣͊͑̈́̔̏͗̌̄̑̚ͅ1̷͔̻̙̮͌͊̑̕1̴̛̻͉̠̝̹̙͕͇͈̱͕̩̖̺̐̋̀́̇͋͂́͘͘͘ͅ0̴̢̛̛̠̗̫̲̖̠̲̩̰͇̝͔̦̙͕͑̀1̴̢̢͓̙͚̫̳̝̦̦̣̮̦̩̹̈̃̊̆͆̑̉0̵̨͉̘̹̥̖͔̹̀̕1̵̡̧͖̪͇͇̘̭̬̩̲̗͚̝͕́͋̃̈́̈́̏̀ͅͅ1̵̹̻́͊̋0̴͚̩̈́̀̾͋̔̕͜0̴̤̝̦̘̬̥̜͔͙͉̤̖̠̯̝̺͂́̀̍1̵̨̼͍̳̙͊͗͛1̷̧̧͈͇̪͔͓̟̭́́͒̓́́̀̂́͆̍͌̉̈́͘͜͜͝0̶̧͖̼̱͈͙͍̯̬̹̥̳̤̮͍̝̮́͂͒̊͆̽1̸̭͌̎̉̋̌̌͂͋̓̍̈̇̐́͗͠͝0̸͔̭͙͇͚̆͆͋̌̓̊̐̚͘ͅ1̵̡͇̩̗̣͎͊̋̾̓͛͌̑͋͌̆̈̂̕̕̚0̷̝̘̼̥̞̰̓͌̐̉̋1̸̧̼̼̘̫̲̣̳͔̮̮̹͓̄̄̓̇͜ͅ0̷̧̧̠̱̦̲̞̠͋̔͗1̶̧͖̰̗͖̟̲͕̳͖̹͍̔̆̎͌̄̾͐͐͋
̴͉̥͙̼̦̣̆̃̎̃̽̒͂̈̔̈́̌͑͌͘͘
̴̨̧̛̭͔̣͓̭̳͇̫̥͎̱̈́̏̈́̾͆̄́͘ͅĂ̷̭̮̝̤̻N̶̫̦̝̦͙̱͈̣̮̲̤͖̮̄̓̊͑͂̏́̀̏̃2̸̹͇͓̪͑̏́̌́̇̄̍͛̓̾̽͘̚J̵̢̳̣̬͉͍͋̇̄̿̿̐̌̓̿̿͊̊͘͠S̵̢̧̘͕̝͇̱̣͚̬̊͗́͊̋̍͋͊̌́̌̔͊̔͋̿͜͝ͅ@̵̨̱̝͓̳̤̜̝̱͕͛̊̏̇͆̽͘͜͝O̸̰̲̦͑̓͛̊̑̾̋k̷̡̮̪͎̣̫͚̺̳͇̈́̋̌̍͊͆ͅN̷̫͓̠͔̥̱̜͇̗̺͓̥͖͎̯͂̒ͅŞ̵̨̠͎̦̑̏̅̊̓̿̍͛͜͠J̸͖̥̹͋^̴͖̤̆̄̋̏̎̓͋̂͂͋̂̽̌̀A̵̢̡̟͙̪̹̪̝͒̿͗̈̋̐̾̓͐͘͠O̵̰͔̽̔͆͌͂͆̋̉͌͘̕͝6̸̢̡̧̟͈̘̗̼̯̤̙͕̱̙̳͓̔̑̈́͝S̸̹̱̣͙͈͉̘̪̫̳͇̻͂͜ͅL̸̪̝͍̺̱̱̦̰̞̜̩̬̳̰͂̆̓͌͜A̴̧̙͙̮̟͉͙̫͕̚^̵̨͚͚̺̀̈́̾̀͆͐̏͊̇̌w̵̨̧̻͖͈͍̩̞͙͖͍̝̳̺̋́͠ͅS̵̤̤̳̬̝̾̈̍͋̅̌̂̈͘͠D̸̛̬̀̅̀N̴̡̧̥͚̺͚̠̘̤̼̦͓͚͛(̷̺̞̟̞̭̏D̷̨͇͚͓̳͎͍̖̗̣̪̞̗͛̂̈́̾̔͆̀͆͜C̵̥̘̮͎̩̻̹̬͈̞̱̝͕͍̩̈́͐̂̃̑̎̓̌̈͋̈́̌͆͂͆́͘D̷͚̺̤̥͈̮̗͕̜̮̠̗͈̘̙͋̎͗͌̏͑̆͝(̵̨̛͕̬̥̪̦͓͔̜͚̖̪͋̎̎̍̊̾̀̀̽̄̀͛@̵̝̖͘Ḑ̶̧̧͓͖̟͔͎̝͍̯̪̪͔͙̮̅̍ͅJ̷̨͓̰̠̤̹̙̺̜͋͊͜S̴͙̦͍̈́͐̾̕@̵̛̹̩͐̓͋̈́͋̆̆͑̒̚͘͝͠͠1̷̵̢̨̘̹̺̞̫̰̻̭̹̫͇̻̬̼͈̼̭̙̯̦̻̬̆̿̄̈͊̑̉̑̓̀̀̈́͆̃̈́̔̌̎̒̍̕͘̕̚͜͜͝^̸͙̮͚̞̟̦͕͉̀͛͘3̷̨̡̺̺̤͔̳̻̲͉̤̲͗̓̿͋̽̑͂̍͒̈̑͊͘͜͠͠^̶̡͓͖͖̩̥̥̬͖͚̜̱̪̟͓͊͌̇͊͊̆͆͐̐̅̑͝͝͝%̵̧̼̜̙̱͇̙̳͓̤̩̩̝͈̈́̓̉̎̂̈́͐͛́͘͠͝ͅG̵̛̩̒͂̎͐̋̾ḋ̵̛̖̟̣͔͉͉̮̱̪̪͍̞͇̓̉͂̄̆̀̓̐̈̚͝ͅ
̸̧̹̲̦̭̼̤̥̖̂̀̈́̄̃͊́̄͐̽̄̌̅͆͝͠
̶̯̜̠̞̱͕̾͋̎̾͐̀̈́̓̎̚A̷̮̋̂͐̾̅Ḩ̷̡͈̗̟̘̘̣͉͔̝̞̣͖̯̪͐͐̔̇̌͒̄̑̉̋̑̕ͅ^̷̢̢͓͖̰̼̣̥̖̦͎̺̜̟͒̈́̎̇̾̔͠&̵̡̬̭̜͉̹̻͔̲͎͇̮͉̺̭̤̏̎̋ͅ#̷̧̧̛̻͚̼̮͙͎̓̀̋̀́̆̾͐̓̀͐̕͘͜D̸̡̡̡̠̼̟̰̬̮̻̘̝̮̅́̏̓͑̀̑̏̀̌̈́͛̒̅͂̏̕Á̷̦̗͐̌́͑̋͒͂̽͂̈́̿̈͠ḣ̵̨̡̻̩͕͎͚͚̠̭̬̯̰̠͎̩͑͑̓̓̿͂̋̾̏̂͜B̶̯̜̙̖̹̯̀̅͛̔̾̐͝^̷͎͙̳͈͚̟̬͗̾̌̈̋̊̈́̾̀(̵̧̡͓͇͈͖̮̠̲͙̟̱̙̖̉͊͐̈̒̇̌̆͑̚͜͜͠A̶̘̳̣̔́̈́Į̴̡̪̰̣̩͎͓̥͕͔̳̦̰̑̈́̀̆͒̅̚̚’̸͕͚͓͍̮̼̺͔́̒́̅̓D̸̢̧̛̰̞̤̬͚͓͖̖̭̳̮̠͌́̈́̚Ḃ̶͎̳͈̲̳͈͙̂̃͗͆̆͛͋̿̊̄͝!̴̯̙̹͕̦̾A̴̯̭̘͈͔̘͖͎̺̒̎͋̽͊͘͝Ļ̷̡̛̺̜̙͙͔̯̭̱̣̗̜͉̍̓͐̉̊̐͐͑̋̇̐͋̚͜͝ͅͅB̸̢̼͈̹̠͔͕̻̬̪͙̗̙̒́̋̉̇̉͒̿͒̄̇͐̈́̃̒̕̕@̵̢̡̨̧̧̞͈̩͓̯̗̻͔̤͉̪̅̀̀ͅÁ̵̡̹̥͍̞̳͉̂̏̂̌̔̄̆̉͆͘͝#̶̡͕͇͍̦͎̠̳̞̪̱̯̠̻̇̌̒͊̈́̊̿͒̉̆̌̇͋̽̚Ḩ̸̡̛̪̬̯͉͈̳̤͖̭̞̤̓̒̈̋͜B̵̧̮̞̼̦͚̻̙̣̠͖̮͎̜͉̆́̅͑̅̃̀̂̽̌͋͋̃̃͘͜D̷̨̢̮̘̼̩͉̗̘̬̣́̆́͒̇́̚̕K̴̝̤̜͍̰͎̦̟̿͂͘Ȁ̸̠̗̮̗̫̭͕̽̈͛́̔͒̽̔̃̀̐̆̊̕͘B̴͉̻̓̿̈H̶̡̢̧͙̣̦͙̲̼̤̮͔̲͓͔͇̀̾̌̋͒̾͝2̷̧̧̖̱̺̰̩͚͇̖͙̬͔̣͛̿͗̃̋̈́̋́̓̽͋͌͘͜͠3̸͔͚̣̬̯̪̪͔̠̭̦͕̌̄́͌͒͌̈̿̿͠J̵̺̬͈̯͕̲̞̻̲͈̟͇̪̞̬͍͔̓̀͐͆̏̊̽̚͝J̴̱̈́̄͗̂͌̀̽͊͘J̷̧̛̯͖̙̹̼̜͇̻̯̖̙͋̊͊̈́̽̽̈́̂̀͊̃̿̚͜͠J̵͍̰̗͚̱̰͒̉̆͒͂͐̃͊͠͠͝H̵͉̖͒̔S̷̡̹̼̟̪̮̞̫̜̩̠̹͆́̈͒̇͐͊̈́͘ͅŅ̵̮̤̠̯͍̱̖̖͎̩̈̓͋͊͝
̶̢̧̺̗̼̙̹̟͚̠̩̙̂̿̌̽̑̀͗̋̀͋̆̚͜͠͝
̶̣̺̫̮͑͊̈́͛͒̒͋͛͂͐̇͠D̴̳̱̣̓͊̓̎̋̅͐̓̿̚͜F̸̨̛̯̻̰͇̲͚͈̝͕̣͔̪͍͇̪̘͗̾̃̾͛̎̇̔̿̅̈
̴͚͎̯̽̀̄̄̿̈́̔͌͗͊́͛̎́͠ͅ0̵̨̦͍͙̯̯͇̹̥̗̟̳̈́̎͗̀̑̌̾͗̏͌̃̾ͅ(̶͙͈̯̞̠͕̽̈́̈̊̌͛͂͒͊Y̷͔̔̓͗̎͑͝Ą̸̧̢̰̱̹̜̯̙̞͎͚̭̳̊̑̈́͂̒̈̈́̈́̿̎̅́ͅ3̴͓̙̮̋̀^̷̡̬͔̪̞̥̩̤̖̮̬̖͖̟̦͑̍͗̅̀̀̄̓͒͜͜B̴̢̢̬̜̪̙̬̲̟̳͓̲̗̠̲͇̣͛̎͝4̴̳̃̐͗̐̓͗̾̍͝&̷̛̭̲͇̱̟͚͇̪͍̼̮͓̘͔͍͕̳͒͊̅̊̋̆͐̒͌́́̈́͛̔̕#̸̰̠̟̖̒͊̓̐̽̾̈̍ͅD̵̖̏̏̔͑͗̈́̽̇̌̐̊͜K̶̮̖̘͚͇̦͙̺͚̫̜̱͇͐́̆́̄͑̍̈̽̅̄̈͠e̸̯͈͇̻̝̬̩̱͉͖̦̽̓̾̓͒͒̉̏́̓̄̈́̚͝͝J̸̡̻̩̣̰͔́͗̋̓S̴̭͋̏L̴̙͓̉͐͐͐̎̐͘͘A̴̢̛͖͖̫͍̗͖̠̰͖̳͚̜͕̩̔͋̐͛͑͒̀̆̍̀́͊̑͜͝^̵̴̨̡̨̨̢͇̣̞̣̙̺̮̤̮͇̰̭̟͎̀͗̇̓́͊͗̃̾͂͑͂̈́͂̆̂͝͝ͅͅͅͅ3̵̳̯̤̤̻̗̾̿͑̌͛͛͐̓̿̒B̸̤̯͍͍̞̖͎̙̠̖̹͍̯̤͚̔̒̈S̶̢͎͎̖̬̫͍̃͛̓̈͐̌͆$̷̡̢̘̫̯̋̅͊͛̈͐̆͛̈͘͜ͅH̴̡̥͉̜̘͔̗̹̐#̷͎̘̺̘̅̑̂̂̒̿̒͊̾̕L̶̡̫̣̯͚͈͍̣̙̜̗̼̹͔̝͔̋ͅ&̵̡̧̧͉̠̗͙̟͕̫̈̎͋͌̈́#̸̵̡̡̢̡̗̝͇͚̼̟̺̲̳̝̱̠̞̹̬̼͍̲̫͂̌̽̈́̌͋͒̽͑̔͠@̵̡͍͉̘̥̱̬͈̰̭̤̻̈̓͒͛̑͐̍̋̐̐̚͠Ḩ̷̬̣͈͉̹̠̅͊̅́̚C̸̡͚̙̱̘̬̠̋̓̓̋͆̑̚B̸̛̜̺̣̟̺͇̲̟̖͖͙̙̫̓̈́͊̎̚#̵̡̧̧͓̞̦̣̰͓̦̊̂͛͑͋̽͜(̶̘̞̪͚̍͋̋̆̍́̉̈́̓̂̀̈́̆̇͘̚͝Ḩ̷̢̺̝̰̻̱̹̙̯͋͊̈́̋̈́̅̊̌̎̀̚͠͝Ẉ̵̡͕̖̳̞͚̞̬͉̗̥̘̌̋͘͜ͅI̴̢̡̼̣̬̩̗̗̱̙̳̟̫͆L̵̵̡̛̥͚̲̹̦͓̤̗̦̻̳͇̣̘͎̙̻̰̉̑͛̃̃́̆͋͊̐͆̎̔͝͝͠ͅ@̵̛̦͑͐͒́̃̄́̉̄̒͂̂͝L̶̨̩͕̠͍̖̙͂̇̃̔̃̾͘B̶̡̧͙̬̟̥̳̱͑̈́̅̈́̕͜͝Ş̸̢̨͍̖̻̮͇̞̪͈̜̘̉̉͛̂̔͐̆̎͊͑̐̄̾́(̷̷̡̺̩̱̥͕͚̳̏͑̈́̂͐͂̎́͂̌́̾͊̈́̌͒̉͆̽͐̅̃͠͠͝ͅ#̵̛̪̗͆̋̍͝

NARRATOR – The pain is not even merciful enough to let you black out. You are forced to sit through it as your brain grinds and twists itself.

Eventually it ebbs away to a dull throb, you are now somewhat able to think again.

You do not know how long the pain lasted. Though it felt like years.

You lay still for several more minutes as you struggle to cope with what just happened, what you were just subjected to.

PAIN THRESHOLD – Ẅ̷̛̩̰́̓̋̃̏̿͘h̴̠̞͍̯͚̫̜͐ͅÀ̵̢̡̹̪̠͇͚͓̬̮̣͚̦̖͇̗̈͜t̴̡̢̛̥̩͎͕͕̫̠̖̀͗͒̃́͜ͅ ̷̛̛̻̤̖̯̖̯̩̿̇̈́̕ͅW̸̡̮̤̫͚̬̲̽́̅͘a̵̧̭̗̚S̵̠̭͙̀̏̈̑͗̋ ̸̧̨̡̡̨̘̠̩̜͓̠̪͕͗̉͐͌̾̂͜͝t̵̢͖̺̫̟̰̹̭͈̦͚͇̄́̏̌́̂͐͑̐͛̏̒͘H̶̳̗̽̾͋̇̋́͊̀̐͌̃͑̑͜ă̸̱̺̘̗̲̑̈́̓̇͂̊̆̑͐̎̓͐̄̕͝͠ͅT̷̞̮̟̪̜̞̳͕̏̎͊͒͊̈́̊̿̒̆̃͜?̵̨̨͙̭̹͈͇̙̣̙̈́̑̂̃͆̔̊̏͋̊͐͊̕͝ͅ!̸̧̢̭̪̘̳̫̯͎̥̗̤̦̤͙̔

LOGIC – Maybe it was some delayed reaction to our near-suffocation? Or maybe there is some kind of chemical in the air? …or it could have just been an extreme hangover, judging by the amount of empty alcohol bottles in this room.

ELECTROCHEMESTRY – No, you’ve had hangovers before-that much you can remember-that ‘headache’ was not a hangover.

NARRATOR – You do not know. Neither do any of the voices in your head, apparently.

You lowly sit up and recoil at the interior of your oxygen mask. It would seem that you threw up a bit during the pain, and now the inside of your mask is covered in your own sick.

YOU – “I need to take this off…”

VOLITION – That can wait until you’re someplace that has a steady supply of oxygen

NARRATOR – You gingerly climb back up to your feet and begin to pad around the room, collecting your clothing.

You put on your pants; black with a yellow stripe down the right leg. You slip on your shoes; pitch black work boots.

You see a white dress shirt hanging from a coat rack and put it on as well.

You see your coat at the cracked window. So close to it that some of it is being sucked through the hole.

REACTION SPEED – Quick! Grab it before it’s sucked out of the room!

NARRATOR – You shamble towards the window as fast as you can. Only tripping on a bottle once. You then grab the coat and freeze as you see out the window.

LOGIC – Well… that would explain the low air pressure.

NARRATOR – Outside the window you can see a green void stretching in all directions except down. And far, far, FAR below that; is red ground.

YOU – “What the…? How high up am I?

VISUAL CALCULOUS – By my estimate? … … … 75 Kilometers – give or take a few meters.

LOGIC – Hmm, I can see the curvature of the planet from here…

CONCEPTUALIZATION – A tower that looms above all; even god himself…

INLAND EMPIRE – No, not a tower. A spire; one that sits atop the planet itself.

NARRATOR – You stumble backwards and fall on your behind, tearing the coat from the hole in the process.

YOU – “Where the hell am I?!”

NARRATOR – You shakily clamber to your feet and put on the coat, black with a yellow stripe down the right side-connecting with the one on your pants- you notice a red symbol on the part of the line over your chest.

Upon closer inspection it would seem to be a hammer and sickle in the center of a spiral galaxy.

The right hem is shredded from the sharp edges of the hole it was pulled out of. The coat also reeks of alcohol and has a number of stains across it.

• STUMBLE TO THE BATHROOM
  • LEAVE THE ROOM
  • HYPERVENTILATE; YOU’RE AFRAID OF HEIGHTS

0 voters

1 Like

For anyone curious how the voices work go to this wiki and look at their descriptions.

They’re pretty much the same.
Also for anyone curious about how there aren’t any systems or skill checks yet, i’m still building the game, this is sort of only a teaser area.
after it’s done it’ll probably be a week or two before it continues.
because i have barely done anything other than the broad strokes

1 Like

NARRATOR – You stumble away from the cracked window and towards the bathroom.

Once there you see a shower to your right – for some reason there is a television in it. To your left is a toilet that is filled to the brim with toilet paper. And directly in front of you is a sink.

Someone-most likely you-has torn off the faucet lever, leaving the faucet on permanently.

You hope you aren’t being charged for utilities.

RHETORIC – Hotels don’t do that. Well, they don’t usually do that.

NARRATOR – You take a deep breath and take off the mask. You wash both it and your face clean of your upchuck, putting it back on when you need to take another breath. The water is hot, almost scaldingly so. But it gets the job done.

ELECTROCHEMISTRY – You’re pretty thirsty. You should drink some of that water.

NARRATOR – You take off your mask again and put a handful of water in your mouth.

PERCEPTION (SKILL CHECK 4/6: 4 = PASSED) – There is an odd taste to the water…

ELECTROCHEMISTRY (SKILL CHECK 2/3: 3 = FAILED) – Bah, it’s nothing. Glug it down my man!

NARRATOR – You swallow the hot water and are no longer thirsty.

You put your mask back on and look up at the mirror above the sink. It is fogged up by the steam.

It is odd. In the mirror you can see a blurry shape, one that is wearing your clothes.

Though that is not the odd part. The odd part is that you do not remember the face that sits obscured by the steam. You do not remember your own face.

Come to think of it; you don’t remember much at all.

You reach of your hand to wipe away at the steam. And you are met by the features of a complete stranger.

You’re young-ish, probably late 20s or early 30s. and your pale skin clues you in on the fact that you don’t see natural sunlight that often.

You are tall, a little over 6 feet. You are also a little on the thin side.

Your hair is pitch black and unkempt. And your beard is scruffy.

Your nose has been recently broken, and there are many bruises on your face. You were probably in a fight sometime yesterday.

There are heavy circles under your eyes. They are evidence of either someone who regularly stays up late, or a drug addict. Considering the state of your room, it’s probably both.

It is hard to tell whether the red marks on your face are from a fight or alcohol abuse.

Overall, you look like you’ve recently hit rock bottom.

LOGIC – Probably around the same time you decided to go to sleep in a room that had no air in it.

VOLITION – You need to turn your life around man.

ELECTROCHEMISTRY – All I see is someone who knows how to have a good time.

ENDURANCE – You are not having a good time. You can feel your organs slowly dying.

VOLITION – You have a problem.

CONCEPTUALIZATION – You don’t have a problem! You are an artist. And your art is liver damage!

• “This is the face of a Party Maestro.”
  • “This is the face of a sad, dying man.”
  • “…”

0 voters

1 Like

SAY NOTHING

NARRATOR – You don’t say anything. How could you?

Just as you are about to leave the bathroom you see a black and red piece of cloth on the sink. It’s a necktie.

You pick it up and look at it; for some reason it makes you feel uneasy.

INLAND EMPIRE (SKILL CHECK 2/6: 1 = PASSED) – You hate this tie. And it hates you right back.

EMPATHY – Why would it not? After what you made it witness.

NARRATOR – You decide to put it on anyways.

You step back out into the room. Air is still rushing out of the hole in the window.

VOLITION – You should probably leave before your mask runs out of oxygen

LOGIC – OR you could try to find out what happened to the window. Think of it like a little speed puzzle, a race against time if you will.

• LEAVE THE ROOM
  • EXAMINE THE WINDOW (VISUAL CALCULOUS SKILL CHECK 5/9 SUCCESS CHANCE)

0 voters

1 Like
THE DROP OFF HOTEL

NARRATOR – You walk up to the window and get you face as close to the hole as possible. So close that your mask taps against the glass.

VISUAL CALCULUS (SKILL CHECK 5/9: 9 = FAILED) – I don’t know what happened here man. I can see there’s a hole in the window, isn’t that enough?

NARRATOR – The oxygen mask beeps, indicating it is running out of oxygen. You need to leave.

You step around your mattress and open your door. There is a slight amount of resistance as the air pressure behind it pushes against your muscles. Though it still swings open with a small, oddly satisfying pop.

You close the door behind you as air rushes into your room. And you take your mask off.

SUGGESTION – If you’re going to stay here you should probably look into getting that repaired.

INTERFACING (SKILL CHECK 4/6: 3 = PASSED) – Keep the mask, this model refills when it’s in oxygenated environments.

NARRATOR – You utilize a small clip to strap it to your belt in case you need it again.

Just as you are about to step forward you see an odd sign directly in front of your face.

It reads “Thank you for playing the intro to ‘Techno-Zen Elysium’. As I am regrettably still building the game I will not be able to continue it for a few weeks. Stay tuned though!”.

LOGIC (SKILL CHECK 0/0: AUTO FAILED) – What does that me-?

3 Likes

And then a Tabaxi-like creature appears in mid air already unconscious and falls to the floor splayed out face first on the ground.