Legends: Storm of the Forsaken

Fudd Bedneck
“Oh, that’s a pretty bad wound. Not exactly my problem, but I’ll still help.”

Action: Help Gregalt with his wound.

“Mmmh, I wonder what that thing is ?”

Action: Try to talk to it and if it runs away, try to wound it without killing it.

Time: Late Morning

Gregalt, Thraryk and Fudd look around for something that could help treat the bite wound. As they look through their packs and around the clearing, neither Fudd or Thraryk can find anything that could particularly help. Gregalt on the other hand decides to get creative and using a scrap of cloth taken from the clearing and wraps it around his wounded hand. It’s not perfect, but if he doesn’t open the wound again or stress his hand too hard it should be manageable by the end of the day (Fudd: 3, Thraryk: 4, Gregalt: 14)

Blaze continues his studies in the spellbook and upon flipping through some more pages finds the last spell for the Basic Arcane Spellbook, Arcane Shield (cast a shield of Arcane magic upon either oneself or one person increasing their defending actions by 1 for 3 turns)

Maenlorn carefully approaches the bush calling out whatever may be in it. After a few seconds of silence, a figure bursts out the bush attempt to run from Maenlorn. Despite the weight of his Iron Armor, Maenlorn is able to quickly pounce on top of the figure before they can get out of reach, pinning them to the ground. Upon a closer look, Maenlorn is surprised to see that the figure staring back at him looks rather human but with some very notable…additions.

The figure is a girl in a dirty dress around Maenlorn’s age with a gaunt figure who also looks to be two or three inches taller than him. She has long, messy light seafoam green hair kept in a low ponytail, amber eyes and pale skin. However these are not the features that immediately stand out. What features do stand out are the draconic horns that curve like a ram’s which lie on the sides of her head, her slit pupils and the stony grey scales he can see on her neck, shoulders, upper arms and two smaller patches on her cheeks. After a few seconds of staring, the girl begins to violently squirm but is unable to get out from the under the weight of Maenlorn’s armor. Realizing she’s pinned, she shuts her eyes and turns her head away as if accepting defeat, but she notably starts whimpering in fear. (Figure: 1, Maenlorn: 15)

(Btw @Louix exactly how old is Maenlorn? I know his description said he’s young but what do you mean by young)

Fudd Bedneck
“Hey, I don’t remember dragon girls existing.”
Action: Investigate the weird girl dragon thingy

“Oooh, interesting”

Action: go look at the being

"Are we really just going to gawk at her?’’

Action: Help the girl

“I doubt the girl’s friendly, at all, like normal dragons.”

Action: Test Arcane Force Of The Girl

@Evolution4Weak What is it with the Crest family and having almost no moral compass?

Most of the people who take up pyromancy in the Crest Family are crazy pyromaniacs…

Well then I guess it can pass on without having to be by blood (Because remember, in the headcanon endings I wrote Tides of War Flare was gay and ended up marrying the Master Umbramancer of the Alastranian Mages College. As such Blaze would have to be an adopted son)

That pyromancer part is concerning - every single Crest we’ve had was an aspiring pyromancer with some sort of fire pun.

Edited: But the true mystery is…
Were they originally named to be fire puns because of their pyromaniac ambitions of their parents, or did they adopt a pyromancer name?

Well I guess he just really likes pyromancers

Only Evo knows the truth behind the fire pun names

OOC: (Maenlorn is like 125 years old, so that’s probably about 24 human years I guess

“Dear gods, I’m so sorry ! So, what is your name, are you hurt, and why were you spying on us ? And to everyone else, I’m the one who found her so I shall be the one speaking to her !”

Action: Ask her questions, verify if she isnt hurt.

Time: Late Morning

The rest of the party hear Maenlorn and come over to see the girl that is currently pinned under him. Most of them just stare at her and try to analyze what she is and while Thraryk attempts to come over and help, Maenlorn has him stand back so he can ask the girl questions and make sure sh’es ok. Blaze attempts to cast Arcane Force to test it, but unfortunately for him (and fortunately for everyone else) it fails (Blaze: 8)

Maenlorn gets off the girl and quickly checks her over to see if she was hurt by his tackle which she thankfully wasn’t. Afterwards, the girl props herself up into a siting position and seems to be surprised by Maenlorn’s helpfulness. When Maenlorn begins to ask her questions, she seems confused and eventually replies with “Eno? Ol reiu eo aunn Orrei lanosel?”. Clearly she speaks a foreign language as none of the party members can figure out or even take a guess at what she’s saying. The girl continues to sit, her eyes occasionally darting nervously between Thraryk, Gregolt, Blaze and Fudd. She seems calmer with Maenlorn, but still notably nervous. (You can interact with the girl freely in conversation, but performing an action will require a turn)

1 Like

Fudd Bedneck
Finally realizing that he does in fact have emotions and isn’t a hidden psychopath hellbent on killing off the members of his group slowly, Fudd decides to talk to the actual living being rationally, albeit, still cautiously, and in his language he inherited from his tribe when he departed long, long ago.
“What are you? What other sapient beings are on this continent? Are any in our general location right now?”
Action: Translate her language using special Budd Fudd skills.

1 Like

He does not have to be Flare son…

“SPEAK * Insert Whatever Language We Speak Here * !!!”
Action:Tackle The Girl

1 Like

@Evolution4Weak So is he Flare’s cousin? Nephew? Brother? Third uncle thrice removed?

Also you have some really weird priorities

“Are you kidding me.”

Action: Defend the girl from blaze

Gregalt speaks in the Goblin language his tribe spoke “What are you? Who are you? Do you have shinies on you?”