My experience with 0.4.0.2

But wouldn’t that make it pretty tedious to enlarge your cell? You’d have to move your external organelles each time you want to expand that way, which would probably get pretty annoying after a while, especially in the current meta of ‘any MP not spent is a waste’, which causes you to make your cell as large as possible.

1 Like

I suggested in a different thread to have moving organelles around cost much less MP.

But also, I know the developers are not really happy with the “any MP not spent is a waste” thing, so it should be changed anyway.

Just a short feedback on the (2/28/2019) #2 indev.
It’s great! Moving everything from organelles to hexes made for so much better gameplay. I was guessing that getting the nucleus won’t be easy, so I had double the organelles than I normally do before buying the nucleus and still had a bit of trouble surviving and I was moving terribly slow. Which… Is good! Now getting the nucleus feels at least as a bit of a challenge. Also, I really didn’t want to buy a chloroplast, since I wanted to be a predatory cell and even after winning the game I could still afford to have just 2 flagella (because when the organelles double the cost was just too much).
I was sometimes confused about what I can and cannot engulf. Sometimes I the cells were the same size, yet unable to damage each other. But what still bugs me about engulfing is the engulfing radius. I think that it should be just on contact, unless we get the… engulfing-like-engulfing with actual engulfing, where one of the cells is actually engulfed (a few posts up and you will find that spoilery thing about it).
The iron chunks still feel really OP. I think that the solution with the rock dissolving inside of you, slowing you down a bit would work and let me reason why.

1. The speed penalty wouldn’t be so great. Just something between normal speed and engulfing mode. It would def be faster than engulfing mode.
  2. It might force a bit of evolution on the player. Wanna eat rocks? Fine, get yourself more flagella so that you can keep up with the cells that are trying to eat you. Or find a way to defend yourself when slower (toxins, pilus, cell wall…)
  3. It would solve the overpoweredness we have now.
    We are still far from balancing. There is a lot of things that need tweaks and nerfs. IMO mostly the ease with which you can still get the nucleus and the iron chunks. But we are moving in the right direction and one day we will figure the balance out. Otherwise, everything is neat! I love the damaged membranes! Thank you for your time and @Untrustedlife, you can hopefully expect another cash money from me sometime soon.
3 Likes

still wish we can have a stomach in the next ver.