WELCOME, ONE AND ALL, TO NEPRA (a mostly unoriginal and normal forum game, but it could be fun… maybe.)
This civilization forum game takes place on Nepra, a small planet that has developed life, BUT HERE’S THE TWIST,
it orbits a gas giant. (not an impressive twist, but hey, it’s something.)
Point is you start as a group of creatures somewhere in the middle of their awakening, and you’re left to develop from then on.
Here are the basic rules of the game:
1. You control a group of self aware animals and guide them to become a mighty civilization over a few hundred thousand years or more.
If that wasn’t obvious enough…
This game will have a few values needed to advance as a civilization. All of these values will have a minimum number of 0 and a max number of 5. Get these values to high levels and your civilization might unlock a perk or two. The values i speak of are:
- Military power - determines how strong and stable your military is. Militarization and successfully won battles will add points to this, but overdo it and the effects may become negative.
- Economic power - determines the amount of wealth your nation has and how it controls said wealth. Trade routes and good economy systems will add points to your EP.
- Diplomatic power - determines how good your civilization’s diplomatic skills are. this helps ease down riots and revolts and will generally make your influence over your people greater. political decisions that end well will give you points, war and the disclosure of any massive, negative secrets to the public will take them away.
But then there’s also stability… yeah, that. Your civilization’s stability is ranged from 1 to 5, and it generally shows how peaceful or chaotic everything is. however here’s the (tiny, but still sorta new) twist. Your civilization’s stability starts on 3. that way it can go in either direction depending on your actions. instead of a “bring it up to the max” it’s more of a “at least keep it in the middle so our government doesn’t get burned down”.
a stability of 0 is irreversible and ends in your demise, no matter how high your M.E.D stats are
2. The classic “cast your votes every round system returns! albeit slightly modified”.
You cast a vote on a decision you want to make for your civilization each round. A dice will be rolled each round for everyone’s vote and the outcome of said voted depends on the number rolled.
The number of votes you can make per round depend on the sum of your M.E.D stats.
(don’t worry i’l take care of those)
The rolls and their results are as follows:
1 - Things go horribly wrong, someone possibly dies, and nothing is accomplished.
2 - 3 - Not much progress towards your goal is made, but nothing went too wrong
4 - 5 - Little progress is made
6 - 7 - A decent amount of progress towards your goal is made
8 - 9 - Quite some progress is made
10 - Your goal has been achieved
11 - achieved goal, plus a bonus! (gooooood for you)
DO KEEP IN MIND: that your people are still independent from your control (unless a vote is cast to literally make them do something, but still), and they will react differently to your actions. Your diplomatic power does affect this, however if you were to place your people into a completely unacceptable or horrible situation/state, your diplomatic power will be disregarded.
Vehicle classes Now, you might be asking yourself “BUT that dude, those Pilaurean scumbags have vehicle classes, do we get to have them written down too?” And the answer is yes, but the stats will be a tad simplified.
Well, that concludes our rundown of the unoriginal rules and such, have some complimentary images of some of the game’s stuff, such as:
The planet you’l orbit:
The species you play as:
And the map of the planet you live on:
If you’d like to join, simply post a message stating the name and religion (if any) of your civilization, which color you wish to be used to display your civilization on the map, and your location will be decided by random (with a few limitations.). So far, 6 players are the max amount.
oh, there’s also a discord, that too [https://discord.gg/UDnD37w]