New cell organelles, weapons, and defenses

There could be an enzyme or small organelle that could be attached to the side of the cell wall/membrane. This would detach and collect compounds (maybe used as a fighter by attacking other cells). It would then return and the compounds it collects would be transferred to the cell.

1 Like

Maybe there could be a tentacle-like weapon that would inject toxins into the target cell. If there is an evolution tree for cell parts, this could be evolved from a cilia or flagella.

1 Like

Alright let’s bring this back, I have the idea for a water jet like structure. There would be 2 openings, one sucks in and the other projects the water. This would be used to either push hostile cells away or as a way to propel the cell.

1 Like

AKA the Jet part that you can get in Spore’s Cell Stage.

Actually no, there is no outside attachments only the 2 openings in the cell. It’s a long tube that runs through the cell.

If fluid physics are added I don’t see why you couldn’t Macgyver it and just make a hole through your cell and fill it with cilia, like the stentor in the TOTW from a while back

I think some paramecium actually use cilia to help get food in their mouth, so thats a neat idea.

There are bacteria that have jets they can use somewhat like this.

1 Like

Having a bunch of smaller tubes instead of one long tube makes a lot of sense, you can fire the water at higher pressures. I’m also thinking that the cell has an organelle that converts chemical energy into thermal energy and heat the water as it travels through. This would weaponize the stream.

I bet that no matter what anyone says, it will have already existed in some way or another XD

1 Like

Really, a lot of my good natural weapon and defense ideas will come when we get to multicellular and aware stage.

Now, I don’t know if these organelles are planned or are possible in nature although I think they are. I have the idea for 2 new organelles which I have mentioned in previous posts.
1. A chemical energy to thermal energy organelle. This would be used to warm the cell and allow it to exist in colder environments. Another use if for that water jet stream that I other earlier.
2. A chemical energy to electricity organelle. This would be used to stimulate other cells into leaving the area around you or provoking them to attack (depending on how they have evolved).

These organelles could be used for a lot when designing cells for multicellular and creature structure in aware. The chemical to thermal organelle could be used to make extremely hot points for various reasons (ice worm from subnautica popped in mind). The chemical to electricity is for more obvious reasons; making a creature that uses electricity like our electric eels.

Of course all of these require large amounts of your creatures’ energy to use so making creature with lethal electric shocks or heat that would cook a creature alive would most likely kill itself due to using all of it’s energy. But that’s just my overview of how I see these working.

1 Like

Maybe we could have an organelle editor, where we can create our own organelles. The game would calculate the MP based on how many processes it does, and how effecient it is. If the MP exceeds 100, then the game would nerf it until it costed 100 or less MP.

1 Like

Something that is in the long term plans is that you would have to engulf bacteria in order to turn them into organelles. So there would be only some of the prokaryotic structures available and all the other organelles would then be captured bacteria species.

1 Like

So you could become the organelle you want, then become eukaryotic and engulf that previous cell and you unlock that as an organelle?

1 Like

I suppose if we go with a model where other species split off from you then you could find bacteria similar to your previous self and engulf them.

BRINGING THIS BACK BABY!
Anyway, I had the idea for a toxin recycler, if a cell or bacteria fire toxin at you, you would collect it and slowly break it down, this would be for both the cloud, and projectile toxin. This would also unlock the toxin storage, due to the slow toxin breakdown you would need to store the toxin somewhere. If the toxin storage is full there is no safe place to put the toxin and the cell would be damaged. This organelle would allow you to safely eat toxic bacteria and cells as well as countering toxin shooters.

5 Likes

How about cnidae, which are the organelles found in cnidarian stinging cells that can attack enemy cells?

Also, will there be an ATP pump for when we finally get all that cell membrane functionality?

1 Like

I’m pretty sure ATP pumps are included in your cell by default but maybe they could be included in the membrane upgrade screen, so you could make them faster or more efficient or something.

1 Like

(Sorry if this idea was posted by someone before, I heaven’t read this thread fully)

My idea: Archeaen version of chloroplast. (Halobacterium)

Basically this genus of archeae can perform photosynthesis without chloroplast, using membrane bound protein called bacteriorhodopsin. (which is purple)

How can be used in-game?

1.) It can be used as membrane upgrade. (as way to create ATP passively, as long as there is sunlight)
2. ) It can be used as place-able organelle as less effective version of chloroplast (preferably one hex) before you have a nucleus.

Source: https://science.jrank.org/pages/5195/Photosynthesis-Halobacterium.html

5 Likes

This reminds me of how many other toxin works. Process a little to much of it, survive it and you will eventually be resistant (read: not immune). Maybe this could be shown in gameway by very slowly expanding the player specie’s toxic-storage? :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

Edit; critical grammar error.

2 Likes