🦠 New Microbial Cutscene [Complete]

Update #5
Uh oh, this ain’t working out too well… You see, I wanted to add some nice vent lights here, only issue is, uh, well, see for your self!

Maybe its the depth perception, but its not that either, here’s when I turned it down…

Hmmmmmmmmm…

3 Likes

Perhaps no light, just billowing smoke like the image posted earlier, you don’t need to make it super dark but I’m loving the progress

1 Like

depth perception is very simple to fix though… just do larger light specs in the foreground and smaller in the background. Right now you have specs of all the same size

1 Like

But the last image was without depth perception, when there was none
So I think it may have something to do with the rendering process

1 Like

How have things been @QuantumCrab?

Sorry about the lack of activity, I’ve had a lot on my plate (for real this time, new job, etc.)

Update #6
I now have some spicy chimney-like underwater vents! I also brightened the area, cause it was way too dark.

2 Likes

Would look amazing if you could add a focus type thing on the cell to make it look more in depth

If you’d been following the conversation, you would know that there is already a depth of field effect.
I simply took it off so you could see the vents.

Ok

(Sorry ten characters)

Ive been busy too, lookin good though :slight_smile:

What’s the progress? Is it good? :slight_smile:

That looks pretty neat!

1 Like

Update #7
A lot has happened since the last update, and this time I’ve been focusing more on the animation! All I could whip up was this rough recording, but it shows kinda what it will look like! Keep in mind I haven’t added the underwater smoke or the other microbes. Enjoy!

9 Likes

Looking outstanding so far, keep up the good work!

1 Like

I like it, its starting to look really good

2 Likes

Update #8
I spent quite a bit of time creating a better looking scene (still no smoke), and I also learnt how to make rocks look like rocks! Also experimented with volumetric lighting to give a hazy effect! However, despite this recent success, I have run into yet ANOTHER problem. Renders take several hours due to my crappy computer, and until I get a new one, full renders may be far and few between. The final render of the animation may even be impossible until then. Well, thats all, so stay tuned for more later on!

6 Likes

That still, looks neat!

1 Like

Looks amazing, just add a little more fog and bubbles then it will almost look as good as Finding Nemo! (in some regards, at least)

1 Like

That actually looks really good!

1 Like

Update #8.5
I have been quite inactive these past few weeks, and that has been due to the end of the term. I had to do quite a lot of things, but im back for a few days before more inactivity (holidays). So, i’ve decided to do what I can before I leave again! What you see before you is a trial run of some bubbles that use the Blender particle system. These should add some texture to the microbial cutscene, so I shall see you then!

6 Likes