PC Software Loadout

The cross-platform stuff was literally added by microsoft though. Bedrock edition is for a large part basically the console edition but for PC, and has some odd quirks because of that. (For example IIRC you have to crouch to use shields, because otherwise the mobile version would have too many buttons, even though the keyboard clearly has enough)

I like to use Brave as my browser as it looks and feels like chrome and is more privacy focus

i don’t really care much about privacy but i wanted to change browsers as i been using chrome for awhile

but i do use firefox and edge too

i like to use VLC to download youtube videos as i don’t really trust the youtube downloaders that much

In terms of privacy, Tor browser excels.
I like the Firefox UI more than that of Chrome (and definitely more than Edge (who thought it was a good idea to not tell the user whether the browser is in the process of connecting or downloading what files?)!), since one of the things I remember is that if one had too many tabs, the tab bar does not overflow like in Firefox, but rather makes them smaller making it unenjoyable to use it with more than 50 tabs.

1 Like

I actually liked edge, it fast, smooth and the tab saving and being able to run installers without downloading them was cool

Brave actually includes tor which is neat

I thinks that’s impossible…? The installer has to get on your computer somehow.

You mean bookmarking? Or do you mean downloading webpages to access them offline? I think Firefox can do both.

A lot of my hate towards Edge stems from an experience I had. I had to do some stuff while under time pressure on an unstable internet connection. I only had computer that had Edge installed (around the time Microsoft started shoving Edge into our faces), and since Edge lacks that helpful indication of what exactly is going on right now (are we looking up a domain name? making a tls handshake? downloading the webpage?), I had no idea whether the reason for me having to stare at a blank screen that didn’t seem to respond (it is common for radio broadcast to avoid prolonged periods of silence, since it causes a feeling of unease in the listeners (did my speaker break? is everything alright?). Such principles should also apply to software UI), was because Edge froze, or was still downloading the page or the router stopped getting any packets through. (some details may blurry or unintentionally wrong since it was some time ago and an experience I would put under my list of “Things I regret having signed up for”)

Well it just install the installer in a temporary file and then just auto runs it which is neat for installing programs

Tab saving is different from bookmarking as you can set aside tabs for later, for temporary storage which you can then open later which is useful for managing a lot of tabs

but i don’t really use edge except for quick searching or if i need to use a alternate browser for stuff