Post Apocalypse alien survival game (Dead)

Action 1: Rebuild the dummy, but keep it to myself.
Action 2: Continue studying.

2 Likes

Action 1: Cook the mushrooms

Action 2: Try and find another high point (to look for Original and water sources)

2 Likes

Hooray, I’m missing!

Vote 1: Search for a food source.

Vote 2: Search for a light source.

2 Likes

Action 1: Search for Original
Action 2: Search for a weapon while searching for him

1 Like

For everyone who hasn’t read the message I posted on Discord.

The game will take a rest for a while. This mostly has to do with me being very busy with school.
Thanks for understanding.

4 Likes

Vote 1: enter the lake and find whatever the other guy was scared about
Vote 2: also tame that animal while I’m at it

1 Like

-Chapter two, episode eight-

’The old faith’

@AgentTine starring as:
Original Name
Vote 1: Search for a food source.
Roll: 7
Outcome: You have been freed, but you are in a very poor condition (see Aviscerator’s bit for more details or the event.) The visitors have send out one of their ijzerheren to do some of the tasks you had planned to do. You are now back at base, but you need to rest. The ijzerheer eventually comes back with news of a mushroom patch near a big tree. Your group however quickly finds out that it’s the same spot you originally got you mushrooms from. The ijzerheer apologies and goes back to complete his second task instead.

Vote 2: Search for a light source.
Roll: 9
Outcome: The ijzerheer eventually comes back with something of use. It’s a small rusted device with some glass bits on it. He shows you that, by spinning some kind of crank, a little wire starts lighting up behind the glass. It isn’t very bright, but it does provide light as long as the device is whole. He leaves the device with you and returns to his tasks.

Stats

Mental Health: (hidden)
Physical health: mysterious scar on torso, burn marks all over body, shrapnel in body, broken bones
Skills: artistic 1, crafting 3, construction 5, growing and harvesting 1
items: metal pipe (weapon), metal helm, body armor, windup torch

@immortaldragon starring as:
Doruss Hostvind
Guest starring: Figgur Ven’turnar
Action 1: Go searching for Original and retrieve him if possible.
Roll: 5
Outcome: Original has gone missing again. It would be wise to start looking for him before he meets a terrible fate. You head out into the forest to look for him, but you keep getting distracted. Sometimes by a passing animal, sometimes by a random though that won’t leave your mind. After a couple of days trying to find Original, you decide to leave it be for now. The journey was dull and ultimately useless.

Action 2: Once more try to rid the garden of the sludge. But keep any sludge removed for observation.
Roll: 12
Outcome: With the help of Figgur, you start removing the sludge. After many weeks, you finally seem to make a decent dent into it. You lay the sludge on random pieces of scrap wood and drag it off to a spot just outside the base. The two of you eventually become quite adept at this process of loading and dropping off the sludge. At the end of the week, only a few scraps of sludge remain that you easily get rid of. The earth underneath has been damaged however and is worryingly dry. Healing the land would be crucial to keeping the crops alive.

Stats

Mental Health: hidden
Physical health: mystery scar on right arm, scar on left arm
Skills: Growing and harvesting 5, cooking 2, crafting 2, healing 1
Items: Combat Knife (weapon), simple hoe

@JSpinoraptor starring as:
Max Mephisto
Action 1: Rebuild the dummy, but keep it to myself.
Roll: 17
Outcome: Ever since speaking between the two groups has been enabled, the figure responsible for destroying the dummy has apologized. You have learned your lesson however and have kept your second dummy a secret to the visitors. After you had build the first one, the second one was not that hard to copy. You even had a bit of time to actually train with the dummy. This time seemed to be sufficient for you learn a few bits and bobs about melee attacks.

Action 2: Continue studying.
Outcome: You go over the book again, but don’t seem to learn anything new. At the very least you have solidified what you already knew a bit.

Stats

Physical health: -
Skills: growing and harvesting 1, Melee 1, Crafting 1, can read a bit
Items: Small metal claw

@Aviscerator starring as:
Ghulu
Action 1: Search for Original
Roll: 11
Outcome: Separate from Doruss, you start looking for Original as well. He couldn’t have gone far. Perhaps he’s stuck again in the well. You knew, like the others, that Original had set up a little room inside of it, but you have never actually been there. You gently descend into the well and the little cave-room attached. Quickly you see that something went wrong there. In the darkness you can just about see that Original was apparently expending, but the second room collapsed. You yell his name and wait for a few seconds. After a couple of seconds you hear a faint and pained sound coming from the second room. You start digging with your hands and eventually you get through to the next room. You can’t see a bloody thing, but you can hear Original in here somewhere. Eventually you find him and drag him outside of the well. Here it becomes apparent that Original suffers from all manner of injuries. A few broken bones, burn marks all over and little tiny pieces of metal are imbedded in him. You quickly drag him back to base and discuss with the rest what you should do. One of the women says she might be able to safe him, but he’ll need to convert first.

Action 2: Search for a weapon while searching for him
Roll: 20
Outcome: Before everything with Original went down, you stumbled across a metal casing. After a bit of violent bashing, you manage to get it open. Inside of it lies a oddly shaped metal rod with two handles. It has something away from the ‘gun’ that Cereal owns. You take it out and see if you can figure out how it works. After a bit of fiddling, you manage to get a decent grip on it. After pulling a little handle on one of the grips, a beam of flashing light emerges from one of the ends. You quickly stop pushing and you quickly notice a large scorch mark on a nearby tree. This weapon apparently shoots some kind of burning light. Whilst practicing with it, you manage to shoot a few birds out of the sky. You collect them all and take them back to base. After that you headed back out to see if you could find Original.

Stats

Skills: construction 4, artistic 2, crafting 2, Can read, charisma 1
Items: A sturdy and sharp rock (weapon), Metal pipe (weapon), gloves, sturdy robe, darts, light gun

@Louix starring as:
Figgur Ven’turnar
Action 1 : Trade with the Red robes

Roll: 1

Outcome: Now that communication is possible with the visitors, you have been eager to make trades with them. Besides weapons and food, they don’t seem to have much of value with them. More importantly however, they still don’t seem to be interested in talking with you. You desperately try to get their attention, but they keep silent. They eventually break their silence towards you to tell you to stop talking with them. When you persist, they say that there will be consequences.

Action 2 : Help Doruss and try to remove the sludge
Roll: -
Outcome: See Immortal’s bit.

Stats

Physical health: 1 broken rib
Skills: Growing and harvesting 5, construction 2, healing 1, Charisma 1
Items: Metal pipe (weapon)

@serialkiller :palm_tree:starring as:
Cereal Homicidé
Vote 1: enter the lake and find whatever the other guy was scared about
Roll: 13
Outcome: Perhaps the lake monster was just misunderstood. You take it upon yourself to investigate this. Once you step inside the lake you realize that you don’t really know how to swim. You spend the first half of the week trying to figure out how swimming in the water exactly works. Eventually you work out some kind of weird flapping motion that keeps you somewhat afloat. The only problem is that it is very energy consuming and you can’t stay long in the water without drowning. In you attempts at swimming, you haven’t found any signs of the supposed lake serpent.

Vote 2: also tame that animal while I’m at it
Roll: 4
Outcome: Now that you swim a bit, you decide that you can probably try to capture the animal you saw earlier. You take some food and enter the lake with it. The plan could perhaps have worked, if it wasn’t for other animals. You are suddenly dragged down underwater, something you didn’t exactly train on. Underwater you can vaguely make out the shape of some kind of arm covered in a metallic chitin grasping at your legs. Whatever it is, it seems to be interested in what you are holding. You hear some kind of low-pitched droning sound from underneath you. You let go of the food you were holding. As soon as you do that, the creature lets you go. You quickly swim back to shore. Once there you feel the adrenaline wearing off as pain in your leg starts settling in. Nothing appears to be broken, but you still limp back to base with empty hands.

Stats

Skills: Growing and harvesting 2, husbandry 2, shooting 5, crafting 1, can somewhat swim
items: gun, bow and arrows

@LankyGiraffe starring as:
Terakta
Action 1: Cook the mushrooms
Outcome: Cooking mushrooms is nothing new to you and you manage to cook them all in one batch.

Action 2: Try and find another high point (to look for Original and water sources)
Outcome: The forest is too thick to see trough from the old hill, perhaps you can find a new hill to find water. Luck is with you however, as you seem able to find a new lake on your own. It doesn’t to be connected to the old one and the water seems reasonably clean. You scout around it a bit and decide that the shores are quite safe. That’s not all however, somewhere in the dirt of the shore, you find a armor piece similar to that of Original. It’s a bit heavy, but it is a fine enough condition. It also boosts your morale greatly. Not only have you found what you were looking for, but you also found a sturdy piece of protection. Gleaming with pride you head back to base.

Stats

Skills: cooking 4, crafting 5
Items: Spear (weapon), helmet, throwing spears x4, lance

@ostrich starring as:

Buark

Action 1: Build a shovel.
Roll: 6
Outcome: Perhaps a shovel of your own would be kind of handy to have. That way you don’t have to rely on Original and his Shovel. The crafting goes well enough. It’s not your greatest work, but it’s serviceable. At least you are now a fully independent shovel owner.

Action 2: Find a way to more efficiently make mud bricks.
Outcome: Forming the bricks is really quite slow. Each brick needs its own personal attention. It would be nice to be able to form multiple bricks at once. You quickly manage to formulate a plan to achieve this goal. With a bit of string and some sticks, you manage to build some kind of square in which a grid of stick lays. You lay out a large surface of clay and then press the grid on top of it. The grid squeezes out twenty-five bricks at once. This will increase productivity significantly.

Stats

Skills: crafting 5, construction 6, shooting 1
Items: spear (weapon), bow and arrows

Event for all:
The visitors have now officially introduced themselves. They are part of an organization called the ‘Slakkeraans’(Gods Gifted) Proudly they tell you that they are the remnants of the old-world church. Not only that, but they also tell you that the old-world government worked closely with this church. In other words, their organization is the closest thing this world has to a government. Furthermore they explain their roles. The women in the red robes are priestesses of sorts, but also function as scouts and preachers. The people in armor are known as ‘ijzerheren’(lords/ladies of iron) and are modeled after an ancient warrior order from the old-world. A month after they are born, it will be decided if they are suitable to join the ijzerheren. From there it’s harsh training in combat, crafting and general survival for them. The group that is visiting you is merely an expedition force looking for the artifact that’s important to them from a religious standpoint. They have a headquarters south from here, but it’s quite a journey away. Yet again you are free to ask them questions.

Second event:
Original has been found again by Ghulu. He got stuck again in the well, but that’s not all. Some of his bones have been broken, he’s got burn marks all over and his skin is pierced with hundreds of tiny pieces of metal. It’s a miracle he has managed to survive for so long. You quickly apply some of the healing paste and it seems to stabilize his condition, but not heal him entirely. The Slakkeraanians say that they are able to safe him, but he’ll need to convert.

Food:

Eaten: food shared with Slakkeraanians, except for Figgur and Terakta. 2 meat bits
5 cooked mushrooms (cooked, will spoil in 3 turns)
11 packaged old-world meals (won’t spoil)
11 cooked mushrooms (cooked, will spoil in 4 turns)
10 meat bits (cooked, will spoil in 2 turns)
7 roasted birds (cooked, will spoil in 4 turns)

Weapons and tools:

4 metal pipes (4x equipped)
2 sturdy and sharp rocks (1x equipped)
A small wooden spike
A small mechanical spike
A shovel (equipped)
2 spears (2x equipped)
1 head-bucket (equipped)
1 spiked club (equipped)
1 pair of hand-bags (equipped)
2 guns (1x equipped)
1 Combat knife (equipped)
2 bows (2x equipped)
1 fish spear (equipped)
1 simple hoe
darts for the blowpipe
dull sword with wooden handle
4 throwing spears (4x equipped)
armored robe (equipped)
lance (equipped)
backpack with holes (equipped)
windup torch (equipped)
light gun (equipped)

Construction and storage:

A crate
3 bags of powder
1 pallet half full with damaged bricks.
A wire bundle
3 small metal cylinders
2 scrap metals (small)
1 mystery machine
Stack of firewood
A large stack of wooden planks
A decent pile of clay
Clay pots and pans
empty supply box
Box filled with metal cylinders
Pile of small tree trunks
spikes

Healing:

Healing paste (1 uses)

Miscellaneous:

note
book

Constructs:

Totem
Garden (Mushrooms and a berry bush, irrigated, 1 berry harvest a two turn, unknown amounts of mushrooms every 3 turns. 1/6 ), a fragile fruit sapling. (damaged earth, grows, but twice as slow and might die)
A clay oven
light trenches
well
garden
fence
Fish trap
Frame hut (sheltered storage)
complete brick wall (2m)
pot with growing seed (will grow further in an unkown amount of turns)
bed
Crumbly bed
trench
wooden grid for bricks

Art:

ThoseMoves

Animals:

‘dog pup’ (Sheng Sao)

4 Likes

Hooray, I survived. Still bad that I’m crippled, though.

Action 1: With my need for rest, experiment with drawing random shapes and symbols to try to create my own writing system.

Action 2: Go back down to my mine anyway despite the previous consequences and start the slow process of fixing the collapse (by first starting with supports, since I didn’t have those at all)

2 Likes

Vote 1: sea monster again
Vote 2: train fighting

1 Like

Well, this is unfortunate, but also intriguing.

Action 1: Ask if the Slakkeraans can teach me anything that they know. Convert to their faith if necessary and ideally learn a bit from them over this time. We will be nothing if we are unable to learn from others as well as on our own.

Action 2: Assist Original with his mine as he is in no physical condition to actually do heavy work right now.

1 Like

Action 1: Find a book to read
Action 2: Practice shooting

1 Like

Vote 1: build a brick house.
Vote 2: practice with the bow.

1 Like

Currently waiting for:
@JSpinoraptor
@Louix
@LankyGiraffe

Action 1: “Heal” the land ?

Action 2: Upgrade the garden

1 Like

Action 1: Try to craft a fishing spear again
Action 2: Attempt fishing in the lake

2 Likes

Action 1: Train some more, using the dull sword to help with the practice.
Action 2: Attempt to craft a suitable weapon using what knowledge I have. Perhaps an “Ax”.

1 Like

-Chapter two, episode nine-

’The old faith’

@AgentTine starring as:
Original Name
Guest star: Doruss Hostvind
Action 1: With my need for rest, experiment with drawing random shapes and symbols to try to create my own writing system.
Outcome: In your wounded state, you attempt to read the book the Observers gave you. You can’t comprehend a single word from there and in frustration decide to make your own writing. With a twig you start scribbling symbols in the dirt around you. They are quite intricate and they are pleasing to the eye. As a writing system however, not so much. When one of the women asked you how it worked, you just started making up the grammar on the spot. Neither the Slakkeraans nor your companions see the appeal of this writing system. Everyone seems to like the patterns however and one of the Ijzerheren even etched one of the symbols onto their armor.

Action 2: Go back down to my mine anyway despite the previous consequences and start the slow process of fixing the collapse (by first starting with supports, since I didn’t have those at all)
Outcome: You are currently still to wounded to leave the camp, let alone start working. Luckily your faithful friend Doruss offers some of his time to work in your stead in the mine. The only problem is that Doruss isn’t the best digger in town. Initially, work proceeds slowly. However, you are able to give Doruss some advice. At the end of the week, about half of the rubble has been removed from the collapsed chamber. Constantly giving advice however, has given you a bit of a headache. This mostly has to do with your current condition.

Personal event: Your condition is starting to get worse. The skin around your wounds has started to irate immensely. After a couple of days, the reason why becomes clear. Some kind of black growth is coming out of your wounds. You try scratching it off, but the very next day it returns. The Slakkeraans call it ‘impurity’ and the rest of the group has no idea what it is. Doruss and Figgur are convinced that it can be cured. It may however require old-world medicine. The Slakkeraans extend their offer again to safe you, but they are aware that you will most likely refuse. In the meantime they are praying for you to get better. There will be 5 turns until your infection gets the better of you. You’ll get weaker with each passing week. Cooperation with your companions is strongly advised.

Stats

Mental Health: (hidden)
Physical health: mysterious scar on torso, burn marks all over body, shrapnel in body, broken bones,
Skills: artistic 1, crafting 3, construction 5, growing and harvesting 1
items: metal pipe (weapon), metal helm, body armor, windup torch

CRITICAL CONDTION (in 3 turns, there will be a dice roll that will decide of you live or die. After Each time you live, another dice will be rolled with a smaller margin for living.)</h5<

@immortaldragon starring as:
Doruss Hostvind
Action 1: Ask if the Slakkeraans can teach me anything that they know. Convert to their faith if necessary and ideally learn a bit from them over this time. We will be nothing if we are unable to learn from others as well as on our own.
Roll: 3
Outcome: The Slakkeraans are ecstatic that you have asked them to learn and even convert. They however, would like you to prove yourself first before joining. You accept their challenge and hope it won’t be anything too difficult. Hope was not on your side however, as they asked you to either recover the artifact or a clue leading to it. They say that it won’t be easy as their own scouting parties haven’t found anything. If you manage one of the two, you will be rewarded with: initiation, the knowledge you seek, a position of respect and most important of all, the truth.

Action 2: Assist Original with his mine as he is in no physical condition to actually do heavy work right now.
Roll: -
Outcome: See Tine’s bit.

Stats

Physical health: mystery scar on right arm, scar on left arm
Skills: Growing and harvesting 5, cooking 2, crafting 2, healing 1, construction +1
Items: Combat Knife (weapon), simple hoe

@JSpinoraptor starring as:
Max Mephisto
Action 1: Train some more, using the dull sword to help with the practice.
Outcome: Whilst Original is resting and (sort of) recovering, you decide to practice a bit with his sword on your dummy. Luckily the sword isn’t sharp enough to damage the dummy and the dummy soft enough to not damage the sword. The only problem is that you have no idea what you are doing. You are just wildly swinging the sword in front of you without any real technique. Luckily however, you are starting to get more of a feeling on how to grip the sword and how to strike with it. Your skill in melee increases a little.

Action 2: Attempt to craft a suitable weapon using what knowledge I have. Perhaps an “Ax”.
Roll: 5
Outcome: Though you spend days pondering how to go about things, the inspiration simply doesn’t strike. You haven’t even started crafting your weapon and at the end of the week you are empty handed and slightly upset.

Stats

Skills: growing and harvesting 1, Melee 2, Crafting 1, can read a bit
Items: Small metal claw

@Aviscerator starring as:
Ghulu
Action 1: Find a book to read

Roll: 19

Outcome: In some abandoned ruin in the forest, you stumble across a book of some kind. It’s in mint condition has seemed to survive the apocalypse pretty well. As luck would have it, you can actually read the book without too many difficulties. The book is about how the world as the writer knew it had ended. “Monsters from the sea and sky appeared one day and started spreading chaos and despair all around”. The book seems to take itself very seriously. After the world had ‘ended’, a small group of people managed to survive. They are now left in desolate wasteland. The book goes into a surprising detail on how this group survived. You learn a bunch of useful skills from it. The book does make you wonder though, how did the world end? Was it like this book a bunch? A of monsters that appeared and started wrecking or was it something else instead? Perhaps one day you will know, perhaps even write a book of your own.

Action 2: Practice shooting

Outcome: The lightgun was so much fun to use last time, so you decide to take it out for a spin again. The practice goes well, but nothing really interesting happened.

Stats

Skills: construction 4, artistic 2, crafting 3, Can read, charisma 2, shooting +2, healing +1
Items: A sturdy and sharp rock (weapon), Metal pipe (weapon), gloves, sturdy robe, darts, light gun

@Louix starring as:
Figgur Ven’turnar
Action 1: “Heal” the land ?
Roll: 14
Outcome: The garden is in a poor state, but you know just the fix. Water first of all seems to do wonders. The earth becomes hydrated again and the plants are standing upright again. One of the Slakkeraans also advised putting some fecal matter into the garden. At first this sounds weird, but weirder still is that it works. The garden is restored to it’s original state and the plants are growing again.

Action 2: Upgrade the garden
Roll: 16
Outcome: After the Slakkeraan advice, you have started collecting the fecal matter of everyone in the base. it’s not a particularly pleasant job, but it does get results. With a steady feeding supply for the plants, they are growing faster now. It now takes -1 turn to grow the mushrooms.

Stats

Physical health: 1 broken rib
Skills: Growing and harvesting 6, construction 2, healing 1, Charisma 1
Items: Metal pipe (weapon)

@serialkiller :palm_tree:starring as:
Cereal Homicidé
Vote 1: train with my bow. (edited)
Roll: 10
Outcome: You start your week by training with your bow. The training is effective, but uneventful. You learn a few new techniques concerning aiming.

Vote 2: train fighting
Roll: 11
Outcome: You spend the rest of the week on you CQC skills. The training goes well enough and you learn a few things about punching people.

Stats

Skills: Growing and harvesting 2, husbandry 2, shooting 5, crafting 1, can somewhat swim
items: gun, bow and arrows

@LankyGiraffe starring as:
Terakta
Action 1: Try to craft a fishing spear again
Roll: 12
Outcome: With your vast crafting knowledge, you build a new fishing spear. It’s nothing to write back home about, but it’s sturdy and functional.

Action 2: Attempt fishing in the lake
Roll: 14
Outcome: You have found a new lake and you have a new fishing spear. You are finally going to do what you planned on doing a long time ago. Your catch is decent and no serpent people drag you underneath the water. Although simple, you gain some satisfaction from the fact that you have finally succeeded in fishing.

Stats

Skills: cooking 4, crafting 5
Items: Spear (weapon), helmet, throwing spears x4, lance, fishing spear

@ostrich starring as:
Buark
Vote 1: build a brick house.
Roll: 18
Outcome: You make a splendid brick house worthy for a primitive king. It’s sturdy, well lit, spacious and clean (as far as mud structures can be). It’s large enough that everybody fits inside of it. The entire group is thankful for finally having a place to collectively seek shelter against the rain. You also now eat there together, because it’s more comfortable than out in the open sometimes. Everybody’s spirit is raised through this simple, yet versatile structure.

Vote 2: practice with the bow.
Roll: 15
Outcome: You train a bit with your bow. The training goes quite well and you learn quite a few new things about archery.

Stats

Skills: crafting 5, construction 6, shooting 1
Items: spear (weapon), bow and arrows

Event for all:
For a change, nothing eventful happens, but I would recommend you all check out Agenttine’s round and together formulate a plan.

Food

Eaten: food shared with Slakkeraanians, Figgur and Terakta have been redeemd for now and may also eat the shared food.
5 cooked mushrooms (cooked, will spoil in 2 turns)
11 packaged old-world meals (won’t spoil)
11 cooked mushrooms (cooked, will spoil in 3 turns)
10 meat bits (cooked, will spoil in 2 turns)
7 roasted birds (cooked, will spoil in 3 turns)
7 fish (raw, will spoil in 4 turns)

Weapons and tools

4 metal pipes (4x equipped)
2 sturdy and sharp rocks (1x equipped)
A small wooden spike
A small mechanical spike
A shovel (equipped)
2 spears (2x equipped)
1 head-bucket (equipped)
1 spiked club (equipped)
1 pair of hand-bags (equipped)
2 guns (1x equipped)
1 Combat knife (equipped)
2 bows (2x equipped)
1 fish spear (equipped)
1 simple hoe
darts for the blowpipe
dull sword with wooden handle
4 throwing spears (4x equipped)
armored robe (equipped)
lance (equipped)
backpack with holes (equipped)
windup torch (equipped)
light gun (equipped)
Fishing spear (equipped)

Construction and storage

A crate
3 bags of powder
1 pallet half full with damaged bricks.
A wire bundle
3 small metal cylinders
2 scrap metals (small)
1 mystery machine
Stack of firewood
A large stack of wooden planks
A decent pile of clay
Clay pots and pans
empty supply box
Box filled with metal cylinders
Pile of small tree trunks
spikes

Healing

Healing paste (1 uses)

Miscellaneous

note
book for learning
Story book

Constructs

Totem
Better garden (Mushrooms and a berry bush, irrigated, 1 berry harvest every turn, unknown amounts of mushrooms every 3 turns. 1/3 ), a fragile fruit sapling.
A clay oven
light trenches
well
garden
fence
Fish trap
Frame hut (sheltered storage)
complete brick wall (2m)
pot with growing seed (will grow further in an unkown amount of turns)
bed
Crumbly bed
trench
wooden grid for bricks
Brick house

Art

Science!

Animals

‘dog pup’ (Sheng Sao)

I’m still quite busy with my study, so I’m afraid I’m still not able to post these more frequent. My apologies and thanks for understanding.

Such an interesting round, and such an interesting infection…

Action 1: Go out into the swarm of buildings and search for something to help me.
Action 2: Try finding going out into the wilderness and start eating random food items to try to cure my infection.

1 Like

Cool !

Action 1: Build some more tools for the garden

Action 2: Expand my home !

If you have waited 1 more day it would have been 28 days later…