Project Terra (reboot in p.118)

introduce small invertebrate’s.

water!!(we’ll have TONS):ocean::ocean:

Hey Onc, what does the current biosphere look like? i thought we were still on plankton and bacteria, not at a level where we could sustain plants and animals.

1 Like

The planet currently has photosynthetic film and phytoplankton as the only things planted, and an atmosphere of volcanic gas and oxygen, about half earths pressure, and still freezing. If you’d like to introduce plants and animals, be my guest.

Edit: Updated round to reflect headcannon atmosphere pressure.

ah, then i’ll edit my vote then.
Edit: Edited my vote post.

Vote 1: Expand the atmosphere quite a lot.

Vote 2: Deposit some more nutrients into the soil.

Round 2

Plant magnetic field devices (1):

The IFC develops a design for a magnetic field generator, in testing they preformed well, but when upscaled they produce a small field for a large power cost. The design only manages to be useful in urban areas.

Create water (IFC:3 UGF:2 Mirage:1 DARK:5):
Most companies agree, water is an important step to terraforming.
IFC attempts to use lasers to melt the ice caps, while effective, no new water is introduced.
UGF launches several comets, but they are slow to move and provide a low return.
Mirage tries to assist, but has no solutions of their own.
DARK does the reasonable thing and buys water from an off world hydro company using their unlimited funds.
Through combined effort, oceans start to form.

Plant genetically engineered trees (2):
UGF engineers a new breed of tree, despite their efforts, the tree is not well suited to living on its own, but it does become a favorite for decorating parks, gardens, and yards.

Improve the colony (1):
Crest attempts to further develop the colony, but they have already provided the necessary services, and the people seem to be taking care of other industries, even the other terraforming companies have been work with some of endeavors.

Heat the Planet (Crest:3 SGC:5 Mirage:2):
With all the new developments, some warmth is still needed.
Crest builds their anti-coolers, basically just a giant radiator.
Mirage makes a design which is meant to release hot steam, though it is somewhat ineffective.
Meanwhile, SGC imports greenhouse gas to fill the atmosphere, with the others efforts, the effects are nearly immediate and very effective.

Release More Phytoplankton (1):
Though the phytoplankton that were last released are starting to die from climate change, SGC releases more of this species due to being hardy in the previous climate, which leads to a drop in the biodiversity of the plankton.

Grow genetically engineered shrubs (1):
ARK develops a species shrub to be farmed. Sadly, the shrubs fair poorly in the planets soil, require lots of water, have a low yield, and often taste bad, which leads to several abandoning the shrubs in favor of crops native to earth.

Build kinship centers (4):
ARK establishes the kinship centers, while initially used for members of ARK exclusively, they quickly found themselves used as an outpost and market for farmers looking to settle Alterra.

Release small invertebrates (4):
Many species of invertebrates are released into the wild. The aquatic species seem to have a low population after the drop in phytoplankton. The land species fair better, living off the algal film, which seem to be much thinner after their introduction.

Expand the atmosphere (6):
RSA starts pumping out nitrogen to fill out the atmosphere and increase the pressure, soon becoming very similar to earth. The operation is a massive success, for the first time a human can breath the air without protection.

Deposit more nutrients (5):
RSA starts transplanting earth-like soil, and encounters an unexpected ally, a small stowaway species of fungus starts digesting the infertile soil, making it usable for cultivation.
This fungus has no harmful effects and soil containing it is spread.

Planetary Review:

No progress towards the magnetic field has been made.
Oceans have started to appear (currently ~60% land ~40% water).
Attempts to grow land plants have failed.
The Planet has been heated to non-freezing temperatures.
Aquatic invertebrates and plankton are doing poorly.
Algal film is thinning, land invertebrates are spreading.
The atmosphere is very earth-like.
A species of fungus is making the soil fertile.

Edit: Forgot about this last section

The IFC proposes a sort of union to ARK, but deal falls through, as the IFC fails to explain their reasoning and goals.

2 Likes

1: Begin populating the oceans with specialized algae and simple eucaryotes.
2. Continue work on the shrubs.

Vote 1: Engineer a fast growing species of bamboo, that grows to knee height and has red wheat growing out of it, which has a mildly spicy flavor.

Vote 2: Set up a colony near a mountain, which will be populated with modified immigrants from the Arabian and Korean regions (Our biggest patreons). the modifications done to the immigrants are increased height, reaching a average height of 6.2 for males and 5.11 for females, increased Dexterity and heightened flexibility.

Vote 1:start setting up my colony near a dry river(a river without water)
Vote 2:start putting water

Vote 1: start our own colony far away from the others
Vote 2: we need pumpkins

Vote 1: plant the smaller magneticfield devices we made across the planet
Vote 2: release the bacteria from the artificial ocean’s and into the new ocean

vote1: more living things
vote2: magnetic field already!

1 Like

The bacteria thing was an accident !

Vote 1: Start planting apple trees genetically modified to be rather sour.

Vote 2: Prepare the nuclear warheads just incase something threatens our apple trees.

1 Like

AgentTine i would like to buy some apples

Action 1: Improve Colony
Action 2: Use The All Old Magnetifyer++ 2 3.0 Special Edition To Create A Magnetic Field

i no believe you!
edit: bedder…

Before I work on next round, I want everyone to know that acts such as Attacks or purposeful damages caused to population centers will result in your companies funding being cut (represented by losing the second action).
Additionally, importing or creating weapons that kill indiscriminately (nuclear, chemical, biological, orbital, etc) or releasing a lethal plague, will result in lost funds if you roll a 3 or lower. Funds will not be taken if civilians are killed accidentally while defending.
Things such as nukes can be allowed if you explicitly state what they are being used for, and that the use is non-lethal.
I say this because I see importing nuclear weapons and a plague being released (accidental or not), and all of this is basically a new rule.

3 Likes

Alright I changed my vote

1 Like

If you lose funding (and hence your second vote), is it only for the next round, or is it permanent?