Quick Question Thread

There is a physical difference and different conditions between how a cell feels the world and a person feels it and even and how they feel how it feels.
When you are microscopic, you feel like the air is becoming liquid, so you need to evolve differently so that flushing is more efficient.
For example, there is a creature called a fairy fly:
They are so small that the air feels like a swimming pool to them, so their wings have evolved differently.
Compared to a large creature like us who feels the air as just air.
ex for a particular video that explains the subject here:

So the answer to your question: It’s not possible to have a large shotgun that will push between a person if you are not in conditions that can do this, like water

1 Like

What will the Clothing editor look like

I don’t think anyone is quite sure.

I think a pretty good standard is that if a specific feature is beyond the Aware Stage, the team generally doesn’t have a cohesive or unified concept for it. So go crazy with your concepts. But not underwater civ crazy.

1 Like

What’s wrong with underwater civs?
They can just use the hydrothe---- #static#

When will the incredible fps drop halfway trough the game be fixed? my game runs at 1-3 fps after like generation 14. I cant even get to the mulitcellular stage because of the low frame rate since i cant very well play with that low of a frame rate.

Some progress was made on that this week.

Prompted by this discovery by a poster on these forums:

I made this fix:

which for a couple of people gives almost 50% more FPS. The plan is to release a small patch 0.5.8.1 maybe as early as next week.

I wonder what would happen if player becomes the “lesser” element in endiosymbiosis (like mitochondria/chloroplast in eukariotic cell).

kills self

what are the different stages of your organism, and once you move beyond the multicellular phase, will the game transition to 3D?

microbe multicell aware awakening society industrial space and ascension
yes there will be 3d stuff in the future

1 Like

Here’s a double feature question:

1. will aware stage begin with a worm like organism or a fish like organism, and will it be in 2D or 3D?
  2. How long will the game play focus on an individual organism? Will you focus on one organism until after the awakening stage, or does it start to focus on larger groups when you achieve sentience?

you get to 3d in the middle of multicell, and aware stage begins when you get a brain or something similar

you’ll only focus on one organism until the very beginning of awakening

Almost all of your questions can be answered by reading the stage transitions on the wiki:

I have a weird Q:
there a plan to add something like that in the game?:

(from my study)

or at list something like the signaling agent but for the awareness stage
imagin to make some cell like a lizerd to lost some cell to bite the predotue to eat that and not u, and using signaling to do that.

By the time we get to the part of the game where those would apply, probably bigger macroscopic creatures, we probably won’t go into that much detail. I think by that point in the game there would be an information overload if the player had to design those parts as well.

4 Likes

Small question, what is the font used in thrive? I’m going to do some concept art and I want to look accurate

Comic sans, probably.

I think they mean this:

but i have no ideas

The font was made for the game (IIRC) and is available here: ThriveDevCenter (thrive.ttf)

Other than the custom Thrive font, we use Lato and Jura fonts. As well as Google Noto fonts to fill in for languages those other fonts don’t have characters for.