Quick Question Thread

Viruses cannot do anything on their own, they are just a bunch of RNA or DNA in a protein shell floating around. It makes no sense for them to have any AI, if they are added to the game.

(Xeno) #618

i’m just asking if theres prehistoric bacteria and cells how old are viruses? cause i feel as though the moment we find out when viruses were made we can actually discuss viruses in thrive (TBH i don’t think viruses should be in thrive because windows defender will go apeshit when it discovers a file in thrive named “Virus Textures” or something like that)

i also thought the double posting thing was directed at me since the @ message was in the same thing

No viruses, no enzymes… :pensive:

Can you link to this discussion, please?

allright tanks by the way

(Steve) #621

Just look up Virus in the search bar and go to one of any discussions, they all lead back to “viruses aren’t fun / viruses are too small for the player to see so how would they work”.

(He who abuses the search function) #622

That’s really not how anti-viruses work. If yours works like that you should really get a new one

(𝒦𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝑜𝒻 𝒯𝒽𝒾𝓃𝑔𝓈) #623

<be me
<download a photo of a virus for my school project
<windows defender blocks it because of the name
<mfw

(He who abuses the search function) #624

Yeah no I can’t imagine how it would think virusImage.jpg.exe would be a virus

(Xeno) #625

look pal i was joking about the virus thing my thing doesn’t function like that

(the max Oof) #626

Not really a question but is the number beside the thread the number of replies or posts? Because I saw a thread that said 0 but when I looked at it, it had one post

It’s the number of replies.

(Steve) #628

This has prob been said before but what language is Thrive in?

(The Mask Knight) #629

will you be able to customize what sounds your species makes

(the max Oof) #630

So would it be preset types of sounds or could you like make hello ’ reeeeee’

Also, thanks @hhyyrylainen

(Veggie) #631

Will there be an feature, where you can size your species?

I think that feature will be needed. Otherwise, in order to change size, the player would have to go through each of their organs one at a time and shrink them to match the size they want. I think it also makes sense in terms of actual evolution where size changes without major body plan changes can happen quite quickly, I think.

(the max Oof) #633

So if you increased size would it Make +food consumption and + health?

It would definitely increase the energy consumption. But increasing health would be extremely gamey thing to do. A bigger animal will die like a smaller one if you cut a few arteries, though extra fat could make it a bit harder to deal critical damage. But similarly in the cell stage the size of your cell doesn’t determine your health.

hey wheni is the next update

You can find the milestones on our Github. This is the next one: https://github.com/Revolutionary-Games/Thrive/milestone/12

currently it is planned for Due by July 06, 2019