Quick Question Thread

hey guys i havent played or been here in a while can you tell me are there more stages now

no, we have 1 stage in game now :sleepy:

A tale of ants and humans

I went through the link and clicked on the article about Leonardo da Vinci. At the end of the article, it was saying there are debates about his sexuality, religious beliefs and “possible vegetarianism” (:rofl:). Oh please! It’s funny to see how much political propaganda is used in these debates. The truth is that we don’t know anything about these subjects. Leonardo deserves better than being the victim of political lies.

P.S.: I think these lies were probably the product of some social worker/psychologist therapy.

It is totally possible that there are debates about his private natters, like all well known personalities and celebrities.

6 posts were merged into an existing topic: Politics

If you two go on any further this will have to either be moved to the misc thread or a new politics thread. Either way, don’t use the “quick questions about the current game thread” for your debate.

4 Likes

What an astounding idea. Truly ingenious.

2 Likes

Yes, I guess we’re done here. I’m going to create a politics thread, so that it may be moved over there.

EDIT : The thread is created. It’s in Not Thrive section.

RE-EDIT : The thread was locked.

1 Like

I can’t imagine how that could ever go wrong.

4 Likes

What happened last time a politics thread was created? What went wrong exactly? I want to know every detail.

Uh I think it’s still there it was pretty recent like two days ago was when a few of them got taken down

Hello guys. I have one question. We will can do castes(like ants), I know. But can we do some castes (workers or warriors) radically different (view is underwater and warriors can be on ground as mudskipper)? Can they be as another view?

IIRC the second response was ‘Donald Trump is Bill Clinton in a disguise’ or something.

I imagine if you are making castes you can pretty much use the editor to make whatever changes you want. Same with genders, there are spiders where the female is massive in comparison to the male. The issue for the player is that continually updating 4 castes is like 4x the work of just updating 1 creature (though maybe some changes could automatically apply to all castes)

Would be really cool have some kind of amphibious eusocial species, I’m looking forward to having an amphibious civ, the coral kingdom will rise!

And more question. I think, you know, that the predators need have more brain (to the tactics, to feelings). Will it affect if you will be carnivorous you will have more brain (or more furrows)? I think, carnivorous and omnivorous will have some buffs. It will be taken into account?

I think brain design is an interesting thing.

One idea I quite like is that you add functional regions to your brain when you need them. So if you add a fin you need a little bit of brain to control it, if you want it to be a leg you need more and if you put an articulated hand on the end of it then it needs a really big control area.

Maybe there are other sections you can add to the brain, as you say, which sort of give you additional algorithms. So if you have a high quality nose the more brain power you give it the more scent trails you can see with more information about what creature they came from (maybe basic is like just a moose, advanced is like an old male moose which was here in the last 20 minutes).

Another one might be mapping and waymarkers or something like that, or like how pidgeons can sense the earths magnetic field, you can add brain regions which can give you these things.

However brain should cost a huge amount of energy to run, so you are constrained with how much you can add.

5 Likes

Will structural deficiencies be accounted for in multicellular stage (or any of the others for that matter)? In English, I’m asking if you make an extremely thin support bone and have a massive creature will the system allow you to have it? To me it would make the most sense if the system saw this as a mutation and as you predictably die you just are reborn as a creature without this feature or the predecessor to your creature. Honestly I don’t know where I’m going with this but if anyone else has ideas I’d be glad to hear them.

1 Like

if the brain was so simple we could understand it we would be so simple we could not.

1 Like

If I’m understanding what you said correctly that’s why it’s so hard to map our own brains; because they’re complex enough to map themselves

Edit: this :belgium:s wack

1 Like