Rise - Alien Societies Game

Do same thing as before

ROUND 21

@Svrangite
The members of the Ocililayad finally comply and continue to reproduce, even if a considerable strain is placed upon the available resources. (+1 Action Point)
Action Points: 4

Life

Plants
Fetshi: The orange grasses are what make up the bulk of the plains and are poisonous and inedible.
Nguron: Patches of small green bushes grow throughout the plains that have stinging leaves and roots that are edible.
Fetshitto: Rare short grass patches that are light orange in color grow edible nuts, but are rather sour in taste.
Kyverna: A cave flower tastes bitter, but calms the stomach of the ones who eat it.
Tough Grass: The green grasses are as tall as the Fetshi and instead of carrying poisons, they are stiff and inedible.
Prairie Grass: Short yellow grasses expand away from the edge of the tall grasses, seemingly unhindered in their growth.

Animals
Attindlo: An eight winged species of bird sometimes flies overhead, looking for corpses to dig into.
Surutaja: A four legged large reptile also roams the plains. It is incredibly strong and is the only predator of the Ocilayad.
Inconako: Some sort of medium sized primate is scarcely is seen darting in between the grasses, hiding themselves to all others. They are spry and walk upon four legs, although the front two are often used for grabbing onto things.

Tech

Language
Colors I
Nouns II
Actions I
Structure I

Agriculture
Primitive
Fetshitto

Medicine
Primitive
Kyverna - Stomach

Structures
Basic
Cone Tents - Fetshi
Light Fencing - Fetshi

Domestication
Basic
Inconako

Culture

The Ocilayads are governed by three Dernstu of Wisdom, Fortitude, and Empathy.
The creation of such a tribe was not without consequences, however. A large portion of the tribe disagreed and has left.

@QuantumCrab
The wall that had divided the colony from the shield moles is dug though, but it seems that the shield moles had long abandoned this area.
Workers are sent to find seeds and plant the blue pines, they succeed and plant the trees, but they show no sign of growing.

Life

Plants
Thorn Shrub: A very common shrub grows in large patches. They are covered in thorns and bear berries which are inedible.
Lone Bush: An isolated species of red leafed bush grow away from other plants also bear thorns. These thorns are not dangerous and the plant is edible.
Red Bark: The trees that make up the forest around the Scaar are red with green leaves. They sometimes grow large fruits filled with seeds.
Wax Flower: A waxy leafed type of flower grows beyond in small number. They bear inedible nuts, but the stems are sweet to eat.
Tall Tree: In a small area near the edge of the surveyed territory, a type of tree grows taller than the other. They have orange leaves and inedible nuts growing from them.
Blue Pine: A blue needle-leaved tree grows short compared to the others. It yields delicious nuts.

Animals
Slimey: An amphibious species of mucus coated creatures are able to eat the fruits of the shrub patches and are typically found hidden within the patches.
Screecher: A highly aggressive breed of bird flies in the canopy of the trees and will often attack creatures on the ground.
Shield Mole: A sort of armored rodent exists that is highly territorial and oddly vicious given it’s small size. It digs burrows in which several of these armored rodents live.

Tech

Agriculture
Primitive
Red Leaf Bush

Weapons
Basic
Stones - Shaped
Branches

Structures
Instinct
Tunnels
Chambers

Culture

The hive mind of the Scaar is worked by near mindless drones, following pheromones and little else. The queen of them all is the only one with a will. The queen has more on the mind than just survival.

@BowlDawg
While inherently difficult to gather supplies for the journey, nobody else wants wants to go, so they offer up the supplies they can give and the group goes to explore. This adventure is quickly halted, however, due to the fact that not far along into the tunnels, none of them can see anything.

Life

Plants
Nuez Jugosa: A breed of tree with blunted leaves are most commonly seen. They grow hard fruits which are edible.
Ponche de Bayas: A smaller type of tree is rather uncommon that have berries that are sour to eat.
Tuerca Desagradable: A type of shrub grows away from the trees has a wooden stem and produces nuts that are inedible.
Medicamento Fungoso: Some mushrooms grow in dark places with water. These mushrooms numb and calm when eaten.

Animals
Ave de Destrucción: A large bird is a major predator of the Pei Falso, but they are not highly aggressive and don’t pose a threat of extinction.
Mosquito Del Pulpo: While not an often occurrence, a swarm of tentacled bugs will sometimes come along and bathe themselves in the moisture of Pei Falso skin, causing much agitation.

Tech

Language
Colors II
Nouns II
Actions II
Names I

Agriculture
Primitive
Ponche de Bayas
Nuez Jugosa

Medicine
Primitive
Medicamento Fungoso - Calming, Pain

Structures
Fundamental
Mud Huts - Branch Enforced
Tree Huts

Tools
Primitive
Whacking Branch

Other
Ave Repellent - Medicamento Fungoso
Slime Fertilizer - Potentially Lethal
Food Pits

Culture

The Pei Falso can be a rather simple people. Their actions are dictated to make their own lives easier. How will this carry out into their culture in the future?

@PositiveTower
Giving one primal Smitzlerz to each adult Smitzlerz becomes a problem based on the fact that they do not have enough slaves for as many adults that are in the tribe. Aggression and infighting begins to occur.
Further lands are explored and settled by the Smitzlers.
Action Points: 3

Life

Plants
Waximus: Rarely, a tree leaking sticky wax is found in the hills. This tree bears nuts which can be picked up and blown far away by the wind.

Animals
Quadra: The only real competitor the Smitzlerz have are a species of four armed and two legged carnivores. While not particularly aggressive or territorial, they still are the only other known carnivore in the hills.
Nuck: A nocturnal creature that is very weak roams the night, searching for discarded nuts.
Slink: A snake like organism resides around the trees of the hills and will coil up them to eat the nuts.

Tech

Language
Nouns II
Actions II
Colors I

Weapons
Fundamental
Stones - Sharp
Spears - Carved

Tools
Basic
Stones - Sharp

Agriculture
Primitive
Waximus

Domestication
Primitive
Nuck

Slavery
Primal Smitzlerz

Industry
Primitive
Fire - Spontaneous

Structures
Primitive
Wall Circles - Waximus+Rope
Fencing - Waximus+Rope
Rope - Waximus Leaves

Culture

A member of the species, Leader, has taken control of the actions of the Smitzlerz. A new social hierarchy based on Leader’s opinion has begun.

@serialkiller
The roamer tents are further improved and made more sturdy while using less materials.

Life

Plants
Fruit Vine: A vine of the desert that bears fruit much bigger than itself is extremely rare and grows in hidden places.
Water Bush: Bushes grow around water sources that bear fruits are not all too common.

Animals
Crush: A massive reptile that is not often found roaming the desert will kill and eat any Saif it comes across.
Roamer: A second reptile is known. It is rare, and not as large as the other creatures that sometimes roam. They are covered in dark green scales and move leisurely in groups of up to three, often stopping to rest or drink.

Tech

Language
Nouns I
Actions I
Names I
Numbers I

Writing
Primitive
Bone and Skin
Rank I

Tools
Primitive
Bone

Weapons
Basic
Spear - Bone
Blade - Bone

Structures
Basic
Tents - Roamer

Agriculture
Primitive
Uncommon Bush

Domestication
Primitive
Roamer

Culture

The tribe of the Saifs is the first growing civilization to be considered a tribe. They base their hierarchy on the age of the individuals. The oldest Saif is given the position of chieftain and the rest of the power lowers down the younger a tribe member is.

Vote 1-2:communicate with the quadras
Vote 3:Search for more slav-es

Actions 1-4: search for materials elsewhere

@Svrangite
@QuantumCrab
@serialkiller

Vote 1: Find water
Vote 2: Take water to plants
Vote 3, 4: Give the water to the plants

@Svrangite
@serialkiller

Action 1: more domestication
Action 2: more Babies
Action 3: improve agriculture
Action 4: art !

@Svrangite, we need you.

I should have 4 action points, Right?

Yes. Sorry I forget to change it.

Action (2): Improve Fetshitto farming

Action (2): Find strong stones

Final Round

Based on the fact that this game is extremely complicated and extremely big, I’m going to have to end the game here. Already, there are dozens of factors I have to plan for while doing every round. As the game continues, those factors will only multiply, and I simply can’t handle that.

Without further ado, I present the final round.

@Svrangite
Improvements to farming are successful, now the grasses yield a greater harvest.
Several tough and sturdy stones are discovered within the fields.
Total Population: 4
Discovered Species: 9
Land Explored: 6
Techs Developed: 15
Final Culture: Dernstu Oligarchy
Award! Your species was the first to get a splinter group!

@QuantumCrab
Without anything to carry the water in, the workers have no way of transporting the water, but the plants sprout nonetheless.
Discovered Species: 9
Land Explored: 6
Techs Developed: 7
Final Culture: Expansive Nest
Award! Your species was the first to attempt agriculture!

@BowlDawg
Many materials are found in several outcroppings hidden under the canopies.
Discovered Species: 6
Land Explored: 3
Techs Developed: 18
Final Culture: Relaxed Commune
Award! Your species was the first to discover drugs!

@PositiveTower
While first contact with the Quadras is met with aggression and some bloodshed from both sides, continued efforts prove fruitful as the two species seem to derive a basic understanding of each other.
More primal slaves are captured and given to more adults, still not enough for every adult, but enough so that tensions are no longer rising.
Total Population: 3
Discovered Species: 4
Land Explored: 3
Techs Developed: 21
Final Culture: Tribal Dictatorship
Award! Your species was the first to create weaponry!

@serialkiller
The Saifs start to make the Crush show less aggression.
Saif population increases once more, but this has caused the tribe to run out of food. Many go hungry and are understandably upset by this.
Their ability to obtain food from the bushes is increased, but it is still not enough.
In the wake of the issue of mass hunger, a Saif elder has decided to begin drawing. This elder gathers children around and tells the stories of their drawings.
Total Population: 5
Discovered Species: 4
Land Explored: 4
Techs Developed: 19
Final Culture: Elder Hierarchy
Award! Your species was the first to establish a tribe!

Non-Player Societies

Antidernstu:
The Antidernstu were the group of Ocililayad that turned up their noses to the idea of the Dernstu leaders. They broke away from the main group and formed a new society in a forest near a river.

New Queendom:
Not wanting to commune with her mother, the new queen of the Scaar left with her drones. They covered their tracks and went to the other side of a nearby lake.

Quadra:
The sworn rivals of the Smitzlerz, believed to be primitive animals, they had actually formed their own society and had already made several advancements in communication by time the Smitzlerz had discovered them.

Final Map

Legend
Ocilayad
Scaar
Pei Falso
Smitzlerz
Saif
Antidernstu
New Queendom
Quadra

6 Likes

Sad that it ends here but it was fun while it lasted ! Thanks for the last round

1 Like

That was fun while it lasted

2 Likes

Ah so thats where those little rebellious sh*ts got to,
Anyway, thanks for a fantastic game, I know it can be hard.
Good luck with your new one!

1 Like

I feel like with an award like that my species would eventually become the greatest in the medical field, was fun to look forward to the new rounds each time they came, cant wait to see what else you have in store!

2 Likes

As a developer I never really look at forum games so I’ve never seen you around. I must say as a person who has been a DM and GM for numerous tabletop games I fully understand how hard it can be to maintain things like this. Good job :slight_smile:

1 Like

I really like this game so i shall revive it.
or someone else can.
everyone has to start over and can stick with their old species or get a new one.

1 Like

Hmm… This looks fun, so I’d like to join…
I mean, if @zenzonegaming is willing to revive it.