Rise - Alien Societies Game

why does “incapacitated” seem like the wrong word for this.

@QuantumCrab if you are reading this,that means you are online and vote pls

Oh yea oops
Vote 1: gather more food
Vote 2: try finding another use for the thorns

1 Like
ROUND 10

@Svrangite
When the Dernstu system is proposed to the members of the Ocilayad, none of them take a liking to the idea and the system is rejected.
The capture of some of the Inconako is successful, but the Inkonako are feisty and fight back constantly. Several things are learned about them. (Not using an action point to monitor the Inkonako leaves a chance of some if not all of them escaping.)
Your population increases, and so does your need for food. (+1 Action Point)
Action Points: 3

Life

Plants
Fetshi: The orange grasses are what make up the bulk of the plains and are poisonous and inedible.
Nguron: Patches of small green bushes grow throughout the plains that have stinging leaves and roots that are edible.
Fetshitto: Rare short grass patches that are light orange in color grow edible nuts, but are rather sour in taste.
Kyverna: A cave flower tastes bitter, but calms the stomach of the ones who eat it.
The green grasses are as tall as the Fetshi and instead of carrying poisons, they are stiff and inedible.
Short yellow grasses expand away from the edge of the tall grasses, seemingly unhindered in their growth.

Animals
Attindlo: An eight winged species of bird sometimes flies overhead, looking for corpses to dig into.
Surutaja: A four legged large reptile also roams the plains. It is incredibly strong and is the only predator of the Ocilayad.
Inconako: Some sort of medium sized primate is scarcely is seen darting in between the grasses, hiding themselves to all others. They are spry and walk upon four legs, although the front two are often used for grabbing onto things.

Tech

Language
Colors I
Nouns II
Actions I
Structure I

Agriculture
Primitive
Fetshitto

Medicine
Primitive
Kyverna - Stomach

Structures
Basic
Fetshi Cone Tents

Culture

The Ocilayad society seem to have an interest in knowledge and exploration, but these traits have yet to concrete themselves into a define culture.

@QuantumCrab
More food is stored within the hive, but it becomes evident that the only food that last is the red leafed bush.
The thorns of the shrubs seem to be too small to work with for now.

Life

Plants
A very common shrub grows in large patches. They are covered in thorns and bear berries which are inedible.
An isolated species of red leafed bush grow away from other plants also bear thorns. These thorns are not dangerous and the plant is edible. These bushes take a long time to rot.
The trees that make up the forest around the Scaar are red with green leaves. They sometimes grow large fruits filled with seeds.
A waxy leafed type of flower grows beyond in small number. They bear inedible nuts, but the stems are sweet to eat.
In a small area near the edge of the surveyed territory, a type of tree grows taller than the other. They have orange leaves and inedible nuts growing from them.

Animals
An amphibious species of mucus coated creatures are able to eat the fruits of the shrub patches and are typically found hidden within the patches.
A highly aggressive breed of bird flies in the canopy of the trees and will often attack creatures on the ground.
A sort of armored rodent exists that is highly territorial and oddly vicious given it’s small size. It digs burrows in which several of these armored rodents live.

Tech

Agriculture
Primitive
Red Leaf Bush

Structures
Instinct
Tunnels
Chambers

Culture

The hive mind of the Scaar is worked by near mindless drones, following pheromones and little else. The queen of them all is the only one with a will. The queen has more on the mind than just survival.

@BowlDawg
Great progress is made in several aspects of the language. Some members of the Pei Falso have even taken to assigning certain words to themselves and others.

Life

Plants
Nuez Jugosa: A breed of tree with blunted leaves are most commonly seen. They grow hard fruits which are edible.
Ponche de Bayas: A smaller type of tree is rather uncommon that have berries that are sour to eat.
Tuerca Desagradable: A type of shrub grows away from the trees has a wooden stem and produces nuts that are inedible.
Medicamento Fungoso: Some mushrooms grow in dark places with water. These mushrooms numb and calm when eaten.

Animals
Ave de Destrucción: A large bird is a major predator of the Pei Falso, but they are not highly aggressive and don’t pose a threat of extinction.
Mosquito Del Pulpo: While not an often occurrence, a swarm of tentacled bugs will sometimes come along and bathe themselves in the moisture of Pei Falso skin, causing much agitation.

Tech

Language
Colors II
Nouns II
Actions II
Names I

Agriculture
Primitive
Ponche de Bayas
Nuez Jugosa

Medicine
Primitive
Medicamento Fungoso - Calming, Pain

Structures
Basic
Mud Huts - Branch Enforced

Tools
Primitive
Whacking Branch

Culture

The Pei Falso can be a rather simple people. Their actions are dictated to make their own lives easier. How will this carry out into their culture in the future?

@PositiveTower
A dead branch discarded from one of the Waximus trees was sitting in the hot sun for an extreme amount of time. Eventually, it caught fire. Those that touched it were burned and it was eventually put out. This has scratched the interests of the smartest members.
Some gathered rocks are able to be used as basic tools.
With no Smitzlerz watching the Nucks, it comes at a surprise that seemingly none of them even tried to escape, and they appear to be more comfortable than usual.

Life

Plants
Waximus: Rarely, a tree leaking sticky wax is found in the hills. This tree bears nuts which can be picked up and blown far away by the wind.

Animals
The only real competitor the Smitzlerz have are a species of four armed and two legged carnivores. While not particularly aggressive or territorial, they still are the only other known carnivore in the hills.
Nuck: A nocturnal creature that is very weak roams the night, searching for discarded nuts. They aren’t particularly difficult to catch, but their rarity makes forming a herd of them difficult. The Nucks also aren’t partial to staying together, seeing how they sleep apart from one another and don’t interact much.
A snake like organism resides around the trees of the hills and will coil up them to eat the nuts.

Tech

Language
Nouns II
Actions II
Colors I

Weapons
Basic
Stones - Sharp

Tools
Primitive
Stones

Agriculture
Primitive
Waximus

Domestication
Primitive
Nuck

Industry
Primitive
Fire - Spontaneous

Culture

While a definitively aggressive people, the Smitzlerz are not dumb. The community is made up of groups that roam in the vicinity of oases. These groups are not restricted to each other as members will often leave current groups to join or visit others.

@serialkiller
Nothing is found that helps in the efforts of writing. In fact, it seems that nobody has even tried looking. None of the tribe members even care.
Again, not anything is figured out for construction of any sort of structure. Many tribe members believe that the only way to find what they need is to venture beyond the territory that they know.

Life

Plants
A vine of the desert that bears fruit much bigger than itself is extremely rare and grows in hidden places.
Bushes grow around water sources that bear fruits are not all too common.

Animals
A massive reptile that is not often found roaming the desert will kill and eat any Saif it comes across.

Tech

Language
Nouns I
Actions I
Names I
Numbers I

Tools
Primitive
Bone

Weapons
Primitive
Bone

Culture

The tribe of the Saifs is the first growing civilization to be considered a tribe. They base their hierarchy on the age of the individuals. The oldest Saif is given the position of chieftain and the rest of the power lowers down the younger a tribe member is.

1 Like

Action: try stacking things together to reach treetops easier

Action points used: 3

Action:attempt to use the rocks to create fire
Action 2:learn how to build stuff
Action 3:develop language

Action 1: begin enlargening chambers with columns
Action 2: use sticks to develop makeshift spears
Action 3: bang rocks together to see what happens

Action 1 (2 points): retry the Dernstu idea
Action 2: watch the primates

(Also I might take longer to respond due to being on holiday in NZ right now, and I forgot my laptop)

Action 1: split the group in two parts. One group will stay home and develop the village while the second group will go explore the land around us.

Action two: try to find a horselike animal

Action three: try to construct tents

ROUND 11

@Svrangite
After some convincing, a group of Ocilayad have been convinced to follow the Dernstu ideology, but the rest continue to refuse being ruled over.
The restless Inconako are kept captured.

Life

Plants
Fetshi: The orange grasses are what make up the bulk of the plains and are poisonous and inedible.
Nguron: Patches of small green bushes grow throughout the plains that have stinging leaves and roots that are edible.
Fetshitto: Rare short grass patches that are light orange in color grow edible nuts, but are rather sour in taste.
Kyverna: A cave flower tastes bitter, but calms the stomach of the ones who eat it.
Vihshi: The green grasses are as tall as the Fetshi and instead of carrying poisons, they are stiff and inedible.
Jaushi: Short yellow grasses expand away from the edge of the tall grasses, seemingly unhindered in their growth.

Animals
Attindlo: An eight winged species of bird sometimes flies overhead, looking for corpses to dig into.
Surutaja: A four legged large reptile also roams the plains. It is incredibly strong and is the only predator of the Ocilayad.
Inconako: Some sort of medium sized primate is scarcely is seen darting in between the grasses, hiding themselves to all others. They are spry and walk upon four legs, although the front two are often used for grabbing onto things.

Tech

Language
Colors I
Nouns II
Actions I
Structure I

Agriculture
Primitive
Fetshitto

Medicine
Primitive
Kyverna - Stomach

Structures
Basic
Fetshi Cone Tents

Culture

The majority of the Ocilayads refuse to be governed, while a group carry the Triumvirate ideology of the Dernstu. Tensions are brewing within the undeveloped tribe.

@QuantumCrab
The enlargement of the existing chambers is extremely successful. The space of each chamber is nearly doubled.
The Scraar have a difficult time handling the sticks and are unable to use them as weapons.
Banging rocks together causes pieces of some of the rocks to chip off.

Life

Plants
A very common shrub grows in large patches. They are covered in thorns and bear berries which are inedible.
An isolated species of red leafed bush grow away from other plants also bear thorns. These thorns are not dangerous and the plant is edible.
The trees that make up the forest around the Scaar are red with green leaves. They sometimes grow large fruits filled with seeds.
A waxy leafed type of flower grows beyond in small number. They bear inedible nuts, but the stems are sweet to eat.
In a small area near the edge of the surveyed territory, a type of tree grows taller than the other. They have orange leaves and inedible nuts growing from them.

Animals
An amphibious species of mucus coated creatures are able to eat the fruits of the shrub patches and are typically found hidden within the patches.
A highly aggressive breed of bird flies in the canopy of the trees and will often attack creatures on the ground.
A sort of armored rodent exists that is highly territorial and oddly vicious given it’s small size. It digs burrows in which several of these armored rodents live.

Tech

Agriculture
Primitive
Red Leaf Bush

Structures
Instinct
Tunnels
Chambers

Culture

The hive mind of the Scaar is worked by near mindless drones, following pheromones and little else. The queen of them all is the only one with a will. The queen has more on the mind than just survival.

@BowlDawg
With success, the Pei Falso manage to lean the trunk of a dead Jugosa onto another one, balancing the trunk. Now, smaller whacking sticks can be used, allowing for a single member to wield one.

Life

Plants
Nuez Jugosa: A breed of tree with blunted leaves are most commonly seen. They grow hard fruits which are edible.
Ponche de Bayas: A smaller type of tree is rather uncommon that have berries that are sour to eat.
Tuerca Desagradable: A type of shrub grows away from the trees has a wooden stem and produces nuts that are inedible.
Medicamento Fungoso: Some mushrooms grow in dark places with water. These mushrooms numb and calm when eaten.

Animals
Ave de Destrucción: A large bird is a major predator of the Pei Falso, but they are not highly aggressive and don’t pose a threat of extinction.
Mosquito Del Pulpo: While not an often occurrence, a swarm of tentacled bugs will sometimes come along and bathe themselves in the moisture of Pei Falso skin, causing much agitation.

Tech

Language
Colors II
Nouns II
Actions II
Names I

Agriculture
Primitive
Ponche de Bayas
Nuez Jugosa

Medicine
Primitive

Structures
Basic

Tools
Primitive
Short Whacking Branch

Culture

The Pei Falso can be a rather simple people. Their actions are dictated to make their own lives easier. How will this carry out into their culture in the future?

@PositiveTower
In the effort to recreate the fire they had once seen, a Smitlerz member attempts to use stones. While unsuccessful, the member did manage to create some weak sparks.
Several Smitlerz attempt to find materials to build structures, but are unable to find any.
New actions regarding the Nucks are named.
While not attending the Nucks, one has escaped and appears to have eaten several Waximus nuts before leaving into the night.

Life

Plants
Waximus: Rarely, a tree leaking sticky wax is found in the hills. This tree bears nuts which can be picked up and blown far away by the wind.

Animals
The only real competitor the Smitzlerz have are a species of four armed and two legged carnivores. While not particularly aggressive or territorial, they still are the only other known carnivore in the hills.
Nuck: A nocturnal creature that is very weak roams the night, searching for discarded nuts.
A snake like organism resides around the trees of the hills and will coil up them to eat the nuts.

Tech

Language
Nouns II
Actions III
Colors I

Weapons
Basic
Stones - Sharp

Agriculture
Primitive
Waximus

Domestication
Primitive
Nuck

Industry
Primitive
Fire - Spontaneous

Culture

While a definitively aggressive people, the Smitzlerz are not dumb. The community is made up of groups that roam in the vicinity of oases. These groups are not restricted to each other as members will often leave current groups to join or visit others.

@serialkiller
Attempts to divide the tribe into two groups fails as the elders feel it is important to remain singular and cohesive.
Not another animal is discovered in the arid desert that surrounds the Saifs.
While the idea is properly thought out, there are no materials by which to make any tents.

Life

Plants
A vine of the desert that bears fruit much bigger than itself is extremely rare and grows in hidden places.

Animals
A massive reptile that is not often found roaming the desert will kill and eat any Saif it comes across.

Tech

Language
Nouns I
Actions I
Names I
Numbers I

Tools
Primitive
Bone

Weapons
Primitive
Bone

Culture

The tribe of the Saifs is the first growing civilization to be considered a tribe. They base their hierarchy on the age of the individuals. The oldest Saif is given the position of chieftain and the rest of the power lowers down the younger a tribe member is.

3 Likes

Action 1 & 2: Experiment with the amphibian slime to see if it has any use
Action 3: Try sharpening the rocks to use as weapons

Action:(Use 2 action)Learn how to build stuff
Action 2:build fences to contain the nucks

Action: collect thatch to create rope

Action points used: 3

Can I be put in the waiting list for this one?

Vote 1-3: Look for an animal again

I’d like to be put on the waiting list too please.

Can I be put in the waiting list to?

Action 1: Continue spreading the government
Action 2: try making fences with the technique used to make our huts
Action 3: watch the primates

ROUND 12

@Svrangite
More members of the group are converted to the Dernstu Ideology, but several that oppose the idea have begun stirring up tensions within those that are undecided.
While not difficult to make fencing in the style of the huts, it is clear that the Inconako can easily climb over it.
They are watched without error.

Life

Plants
The green grasses are as tall as the Fetshi and instead of carrying poisons, they are stiff and inedible.
Short yellow grasses expand away from the edge of the tall grasses, seemingly unhindered in their growth.

Animals
Inconako: Some sort of medium sized primate is scarcely is seen darting in between the grasses, hiding themselves to all others. They are spry and walk upon four legs, although the front two are often used for grabbing onto things. These front legs are shaped particularly and can climb easily.

Tech

Language
Colors I
Nouns II
Actions I
Structure I

Agriculture
Primitive
Fetshitto

Medicine
Primitive
Kyverna - Stomach

Structures
Basic
Cone Tents - Fetshi
Light Fence - Fetshi

Culture

The Ocilayad society seem to have an interest in knowledge and exploration, but these traits have yet to concrete themselves into a define culture.

@QuantumCrab
Nothing is discovered about the amphibian slime other than it is slippery and agitating.
Ingeniously, the Scaar sharpen the rocks, and even shape them effectively to better hold and attack with.

Life

Plants
An isolated species of red leafed bush grow away from other plants also bear thorns. These thorns are not dangerous and the plant is edible.

Animals

Tech

Agriculture
Primitive
Red Leaf Bush

Weapons
Basic
Stones - Shaped

Structures
Instinct
Tunnels
Chambers

Culture

@BowlDawg
The Pei Falso manage to collect a lot of thatch, unfortunately, much of the thatch is unusable for rope, not that they have figured out how to sufficiently make rope.

Life

Plants

Animals

Tech

Language
Colors II
Nouns II
Actions II
Names I

Agriculture
Primitive
Ponche de Bayas
Nuez Jugosa

Medicine
Primitive

Structures
Basic

Tools
Primitive
Whacking Branch

Culture

@PositiveTower
Using pieces of dead Waximus dug into the ground, the Smitzlerz create ineffective structures.
The Smitzlerz attempt to make a fence, which proves to not be very formidable.
Despite this, the fence appears to be, at the very least, a deterrent to the Nucks, in which none escape.

Life

Plants

Animals
Nuck: A nocturnal creature that is very weak roams the night, searching for discarded nuts.

Tech

Language
Nouns II
Actions II
Colors I

Weapons
Basic
Stones - Sharp

Agriculture
Primitive
Waximus

Domestication
Primitive
Nuck

Industry
Primitive
Fire - Spontaneous

Structures
Primitive
Fencing - Dead Waximus

Culture

@serialkiller
In the search for a creature, one is finally found. A green skinned massive reptile is found at the edges of what is known.

Life

Plants

Animals
A second reptile is known. It is rare, and not as large as the other creatures that sometimes roam. They are covered in dark green scales and move leisurely in groups of up to three, often stopping to rest or drink.

Tech

Language
Nouns I
Actions I
Names I
Numbers I

Tools
Primitive
Bone

Weapons
Primitive
Bone

Culture

2 Likes

Action 1: Figure out other uses for the thatch
Action points used: 1

Action 2: Try to find a repellant for the Ave de Destruccion
Action points used: 2