Sonic mode

So I think I found a bug that rivals the banana biome for weirdest yet in 0.4.0.

After attaching flagella to my cell and leaving the editor, my game update rate tanked. It would run properly for half a second, then pause for one second, then repeat. The only part moving in real time was the cursor. Everything else - even the details of the info box - only updated sporadically.

I wondered whether there was a bug with my cell so I pressed the suicide button. After waiting an agonisingly long time for the compound cloud to disperse through all the pausing, I switched to another cell and suddenly turned into the Flash. At first I thought it was only me, but in fact the entire game was running super quick. Other cells darting about and clouds billowing equally quickly. Also of note, none of the flagella on my cell were moving.

After entering and exiting the editor again, things returned to normal, except the flagella on my cell were still broken. One was frozen and the other’s animation didn’t seem to match my movement.

So yeah. I discovered Sonic mode.

Here’s the log output if it’s of any help: https://pastebin.com/8buxyfBG

1 Like

By the way, may you tell me, Oliveriver, an Aware Developer who is specialized in audio and apparently has a british accent, what in the belgium and in the pootis is the banana biome bug? (yeah, I used many

Summary

many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many

words only to see how big and how high is my christmas hat.)

The update rate of the game is currently fixed to be once every 50 milliseconds. And that is ensured by the game keeping track of the total amount of time passed. So if the game lags and the update rate drops below 20 Hz then the updates fall behind. Then when the lag stops the game will simulate updates as fast as it can in order to catch up. So all the updates that got skipped due to the lag will happen very fast until the update number catches up to where it should be according to the clock.

There is a bug where all background graphics are replaced with a yellow-and-black-striped flatground.

@Untrustedlife Looks like to be another case of the process system getting junk data from somewhere.
[ERROR] ProcessSystem: Run: entity: 4139 has invalid process: 4640, process count is: 8

Edit: I made an issue on github:

1 Like