1 Like

Time’s up! Round 2 has come to a close!

Vote for who you think should win below:

• MechanicalPumpkin
  • OmnipotentFNarr
  • OoferDoofer
  • Nover452

0 voters

The final verdict will be revealed when the poll closes (in 3 days). Until then, keep it cool!

4 Likes

hmmm

1 Like

ok then, three-way tie

So how will this be solved? and how did i get into the tie with an incomplete image?

1 Like

Uh, I could use a random number generator to pick the winner, but that might be a bit unfair.
I’ll probably just write up the results later with feedback

1 Like

well how about you choose the winner yourself?
it might be hard tho

Yes, i desire the feedback

It’s actually a good idea to not have a winner, as everyone tied, but a tiebreaker vote might be useful, or a “How much did you like this” vote, i don’t know, i have 3 brian cells

2 Likes

Not everyone tied…

cries in a corner

3 Likes

Don’t be sad, I liked yours. I just liked mine more

next time you will win! dont worry omni…

1 Like

Technically I won because I have the 34% vote but that could be the poll rounding the numbers for whatever reason.

I think voting for yourself is against the rules lol

Oh wait, I guess it is…

so who are you going to vote for instead?
poll is closed so just post who u gonna vote for

@QuantumCrab I vote for omnipotent instead. I don’t think that changes much though

1 Like

So it’s a two way tie between me and Nover now?
Huh, ok
Well that just leaves us with two winners I guess
Or two people that are both in second place
Wait that doesn’t make sense

if you dont count my vote because i didnt participate then you will win
nvm
oncpapa also didnt participate and they voted you

1 Like

The results for Round 2 are in!

Huzzah! Lets see how everyone did:

In 1st place, we have @MechanicalPumpkin with “Jungle dinosuar” [Crab’s choice]

Feedback

I added my unofficial official vote to this one as it is very visually interesting. You have integrated my feedback well from last time, as the image here is well balanced and focused. Great work! I think a large point to focus on next time would be shading, as in this image it isn’t overly clear which direction the light is coming from. On the trees for example, they cast shadows towards the camera, but appear to also be lit up from the same direction. If you were to angle the shadows more in a certain direction, and move the highlighted part on the opposite side, they would look a little bit more distinct as well. Aside from that, good work! And congratulations on the win as well!

In 2nd place, we have @Nover452

Feedback

Your line work in this piece is very good, you appear to have a very steady hand when it comes to drawing round shapes (which I find annoyingly difficult to do myself). Nice use of shading on the trees as well, it indicates depth quite nicely. That said, I can see a few points that could be improved. Firstly, some of the trees are bent a little bit too far to either side. A nitpick I know, but worth addressing. Secondly, there is a slight lack of ‘activity’ in this artwork. The viewer might feel confused on what the jungle balls are doing in the jungle. They all face one direction, so I assume that they are traveling through the forest, but beyond this there isn’t all that much the viewer can learn about them. Are they migrating? Perhaps draw them carrying stuff. Are they hunting? Maybe draw them with spears or other weapons. This point is less ‘artsy’ and more about the storytelling. Add in these elements, and you’ll give your artwork another dimension to the world within. Apart from that, this is a very good piece of art that pleases the eye. Great job!

In 3rd place, we have @OoferDoofer with “Deforestation”

Feedback

Nice work with this one, it has an impressive use of gradient to indicate elevation on the mountain! The top down camera angle was unique in this artwork, it resembles an Age of Empires-ish strategy game. One improvement to be made would be focus. Much like I said to MechanicalPumpkin in the last round, its important that you make your artwork with a specific focus. The lake and mountain are nice additions, but conflict with each other. I would suggest you remove either one or the other to make the glaring contrast between forest and open field that much more impactful. Great work! I look forward to your next entry!

Also in 3rd place, we have @OmnipotentFNarr with “Jungle Giant”

Feedback

Nice job! The artwork is well balanced and colored, and the detailing on the giant makes it very clear what it is. Even without the title, I would understand that this is a giant figure in a jungle, so good work! However, I have a few ideas for potential improvements. Firstly, perhaps you could make the shading a little stronger, as in make the shadows darker and add them to the trees in the background. This would add another element to the image, and help the shapes come to life. Secondly, a good idea would be to add grass/plants at the bottom of the trees, to really drive home that idea of the jungle. Currently, there is an abundance of sand, making it look more like a mangrove forest than a rainforest. Apart from that, this is a really solid piece!

Thanks for entering everyone, and great job on your artworks! I hope to see you next time for Round 3! (To be posted in a little while).

3 Likes

Oh wow,

Did I… win two times?
Aside from that, thanks for the feedback
I’m quite interested to see what the next round’s theme is

So do i, and that’s why i normally use the curved line tool (which is because i have to do the images with a laptop’s trackpad, though i’m planning to buy a pen thing for drawing and finally being able to make C I R C L E. I still don’t feel proud of making them with a tool)

I was gonna add some tools but i got tired and just posted the image, i really should’ve just used another day to add more details.

At the end, i’m surprised that i ended up in second place, quarantine really helped me with drawing. Thanks for the feedback, as i was improving random bits that didn’t really help each other

1 Like

It doesn’t matter how you make the artwork, as long as it looks neat at the end of the day then all is well (except for tracing, obviously)

3 Likes