The Cavern (Seed world Evolution Game)

I guess that would work… but I was thinking something in the caves, so maybe I’ll focus on something else. In the meantime they could be used as renewable energy by whatever species becomes sapient in the very far future of the cavern? Like attaching something to the arms? But I will have to think about what species I want to focus on. Definitely something in the caves, maybe I should wait until AFTER the first extinction to see what happens.

1 Like

You could just not do Percuwavers if you want, and just make Cave Brittle Stars if you want, to set up for cavern species after the extinction

Alright, I’ll look over the cave-dwelling creatures and see what might work there.

1 Like

So are you sticking with Percuwavers or no?

Ah, no, I think I’ll make something from the Radio Stars, but I still want think about it. But No on the percuwavers.
Edit: I meant waving stars, not radio stars.

1 Like

Another Sweep, we are almost at the next extinction!

This extinction will wipe out the grasslands of the valley, leaving the grassland plateaus of the Edgelands and Islands covered in forestry. Keep this in mind when making these last few creatures!

Ancestor: Kiwi Bird
Name: Cliffgripper
Description: This species of Kiwi has adapted to use its strong claws and legs to grip the sides of the cliffs, walking sideways as it hunts for Cliffclimber Crabs and Grosgull nests. Their feathers are a dull, patchy grey, to blend in with the cliff face.

Ancestor: Crab-Eating Fox
Name: Sea Fox
Description: The sea fox has adapted specialized, streamlined fur and body shape, as well as strong swimming muscles and large lungs to allow itself to hunt in the shallows along the coast, eating crabs and fish alike. They range from grey to black to brown, with a few odd tans, whites, and even reds thrown in the mix on occasion. Their noses have specialized muscle to allow them to seal shut while diving, and they have developed longer whiskers and are able to see better underwater than their ancestors so that they can locate their prey.

Ancestor: Nursery Shark
Name: Chardybiss Shark
Description: This titanic species of shark spends most of items time lying on the seafloor, not expending much energy. Every once in a while, they will rapidly draw in a large amount of water, expelling it through their hills and creating a whirlpool to suck prey into their mouths. Occasionally, when larger prey swims by such as Zaratans, they will lunge off the sea floor and kill it, so they don’t have to hunt again for several weeks.

Ancestor: Nursery Sharks
Name: Cleaner Sharks
Description: These small, bright white little sharks spend their days swimming after Seasweepers, cleaning off their large arms of trapped debris and larger bits of food. They also have the ability to filter feed by themselves, but on a much smaller scale.

Ancestor: Cleaner Sharks
Name: Death Cleaners
Description: Evolved from a group of cleaner fish that mistook a False Sweeper for a Seasweeper, these fish eat the meat out of the hooks of the False Sweeper, actually allowing it to catch more food, as it’s prey is less likely to notice the scent of blood in the water. These fish will also occasionally swim into a school of Cleaner Fish, looking like one of them until it turns on it’s neighbor in a flurry of fins and blood. Normal Cleaner fish will sometimes group together to kill these intruders, but more often then not just quickly flee the scene.

Ancestor: Warrah
Name: Sunstreak
Description: The sunstreak is a tan, slim descendant of the warrah, who hunts the plains with the grace and speed of a cheetah. Mostly hunting smaller game, groups can occasionally team up to tackle larger prey like solitary juvenile dandroms. They are probably some of the fastest land creatures on the Cavern, but are not very large, often eaten by hell-bears or getting into close encounters with Jag-leopards.

Ancestor: Guam Rail
Name: Flutterpuff Rail
Description: A small, fluffy relative of the rail, with powerful legs for jumping and a lightweight body with light feathers. It hops between branches, eating small bugs and leaves on it’s way up. Then, in giant flocks it will jump off the top of the trees, floating like dandelion seeds to the next patch of forest, with little control over it’s light glide. The most dangerous position for these small little critters is if they land in an open plain, easily chased down and snatched up by a wide variety of predators.

Only creatures left to be evolved before extinction are;

1 Crab-Eating Fox

What kind of creatures live in the cave? I tried looking through the posts but that’s a lot of text that I can’t process so quickly at once. I’m sorry… :frowning:

I’ll make a list in a few minutes for ya

Cave Creatures

This life Started in the Caves;

Glowing Mushrooms
Cave Aphids

Here’s the rest of the Cave Creatures, sorted by ancestor;

Cave Creatures (made by this game)
Glowing Mushrooms
Cave Aphids
Nautilus
Mutant Ghost Frog
Armadillo
Kiwi Bird
Caecilians
Crab-eating Fox
Clouded Leopard
Copepods
Ringtails
Yawunik
Inciviosaurus
Chameleon
Diatom
Atlas Bear
Crested Grosbeak

@Hanroz here you go. Only creatures that aren’t included and live underground burrow - they don’t actually live in the caves.

Ancestor: Brittle Stars
Name Glowstick Stars
Resides in: Caves
Description: Produce a glowing slime along arms that makes it easier to hold onto things as it is nearly impossible to escape. If it is too long out of the water the slime hardens and it’s almost impossible to unharden it.
(Used as primitive glue in future? I think I’ll focus on the Rock Smashers for sapience instead, I have an idea for them but the Yawunik slots are already filled up so I’ll have to wait until after the next EE (Extinction Event)).
Is this alright?

1 Like

Yup this is great! Only two more creatures left before extinction event!

Edit: Those would be one Warrah Species, sand I think that was done by GodofKnowledge and I just missed it (will have to scroll up), and the other is a Crab Eating Fox descendant

Edit 2: Yup only one Crab eating fox species left to do!

Ancenstor: Jumper Wolf
Name: Goat Wolf
Mutations: Thicker fur for insulation, reduced external ears to decrease exposed surface area, longer foot.
Habitat: Valley side
Description: Jumper wolf descendant that evolved to live on the cliff sides of the edge valley, they live in the side valleys but they return to the edge valleys to hunt or eat some of the non-toxic plants.
Diet: Omnivore

1 Like

Cool! I’ll use Knowledge’s Captiosus Warrah as the first evolution after the extinction event

Now just one fox species left

Ig I’ll just do this one myself.

Ancestor: Crab-Eating Fox
Name: Jungle Lion-Fox
Description: A much larger cousin to the Crab-eating fox, the jungle lion-fox is a golden tan like it’s namesake, fleet of foot and adept at chasing wood runners, bush rhinos, and other such prey through the undergrowth. A Full-grown Jungle lion-fox can even challenge the larger bear species for their prey, hunting in small parties of 2-3.

I’ll begin the extinction Event.

Ops, I had plans for a fox species with an interesting relationship with F. terrens but I forgot to post it

1 Like

Post it a after the extinction event! I just finished the list of creatures that went extinct (36 creatures went extinct)

Ancenstor: Crab Eating Fox
Name: Soldier Fox
Mutations: smaller body with longer legs making them more agile, a shorter snout allowing them to make stronger bites.
Habitat: Anywhere that has F. terrens population
Description: Fox species that evolved to use F. terrens latent social instincts to it’s advantage, they help F. terrens during hunts and get a part of the meat, because of their tiny body and omnivore diet they don’t need to take too much of it, after a while of this a soldier fox and the F. terrens individual will slowly become capable of recognizing eachother and will also protect eachother, it has also been shown that soldier foxes will often alert F. terrens of the presence of nightmaers so that they can go hunt them.
Diet: omnivore

EXTINCTION EVENT

We see the Cavern, spinning through the vast void of space. The spread of life slowly climbs higher, even reaching the frost-ridden surface. But then, the Seas begin to rise. Water flows up, being forced out of underground water tables deep in the earth by tectonic movement, and begins to flood the valley, over hundreds of years completely covering the grassy plains and leaving islands of forest scattered around the ocean that is now the lower Valley. The flow of water slows vastly as these tables shift and resettle deep in the caves, but every year more land is still slowly sunk, inch by inch, an indicator of what is yet to come

The first extinction event is done! 36 species have sadly bitten the dust, not all related to the sinking of the lowland plains. (Differences will be marked by LP (Lowland plains) or OC (out-competed(also stands for if it wasn’t defended enough for environment (ex. Shovelshell)))). The unlucky creatures are;

• Stray Dogwoods (LP)
  • Poison Ivy (OC)
  • Poison Carpet (OC)
  • Armadillo (OC)
  • Digger Armadillo (OC)
  • Skinny Rhinos (LP)
  • Dandroms (LP)
  • Deep Cave Aphids (OC)
  • Rhinos (LP)
  • Grapplebeaks (LP)
  • Shadefeathers (LP)
  • Nightmare (…it had to go)
  • Giant Seekers (LP)
  • Beakrunners (LP)
  • Sunstreak (LP)
  • Cave Wraiths (OC)
  • Shovelshell (OC)
  • Candy Striped Hermit Crabs (OC)
  • Yawutricks (OC)
  • Frosty Ivy (OC)
  • Glow Frogs (OC)
  • Kiwi Bird (OC)
  • Cave Kiwi (OC)
  • Warrah (LP)
  • Hawksbill Sea Turtle (OC)
  • Tree Ermines (OC)
  • Ermines (OC)
  • Heat Wavestars (OC)
  • Caving Leopard (OC)
  • Leopuma (LP)
  • Hell Bear (LP)
  • Beartredon (LP)
  • Inciviosaurus (OC)
  • Ghost Fox (OC)
  • Ringtails (LP)
  • Guam Rail (OC)

If you have any disagreements with this extinction list, please explain why and propose an alternate creature to go extinct instead of the one you think should not have gone extinct.

Now, a list of surviving creatures;

• Glowing Mushrooms
  • Cave Lights
  • Glowtowers
  • Spirit Boats
  • Glowtangles
  • Glow Carpet
  • Lightning Boat
  • Glowtunnels
  • Twisting Glowvine

• Diatoms
  • Cave Diatoms
  • Magnet Coral
  • Steel Shrubs
  • Silverbranches
  • Sea Raft
  • Silvervine
  • Stone Sinkers
  • Diatomaceous Trellis

• Dogwood Trees
  • Pupgrass
  • Wolfwood
  • Edgegrass
  • Jaw Trees
  • Shadegrass
  • ???
  • ???

• Climber Carpet
  • Side Ivy
  • Everest Needle
  • ???
  • ???
  • ???

• Nautilus
  • Caver Nautilus
  • Shell Kraken
  • Spear Nautilus
  • Shorestalker
  • Shellless Cave Nautilus
  • ???
  • ???

• Shoebill
  • Gatorbill
  • Swampstalker
  • Shovelbeak
  • ???
  • ???
  • ???

• Silverback
  • Armamole
  • Whiptongues
  • Armaphants
  • ???
  • ???
  • ???

• Caecilians
  • Depth Caecilians
  • Slimewraiths
  • Dreamfangs
  • Seacilians
  • ???
  • ???
  • ???

• Mutant Ghost Frog
  • Cave Stalker
  • Bonelights
  • Sky Wraiths
  • ???
  • ???
  • ???

• Yawunik
  • Clawunik
  • False Anamalocaris
  • Clawcreepers
  • Rock Smashers
  • ???
  • ???
  • ???

• Clouded Leopard
  • Caving Leopard
  • Jag-Leopard
  • Fishtail Cat
  • Climber Cat
  • ???
  • ???
  • ???

• Needlebird
  • Dwarf Kiwi
  • Pollenstrider
  • Cliffgripper
  • ???
  • ???
  • ???

• Chameleon
  • Sea Chameleon
  • Snappers
  • Cavernjaws
  • Flowermaw
  • Wormscale
  • ???
  • ???
  • ???

• Incaversaurus
  • Vetovaesaurus
  • Veto-qitos
  • Jungle Rex
  • ???
  • ???
  • ???

• Woollier Rhino
  • Bushhorn
  • Chonk Rhino
  • ???
  • ???
  • ???

• Brachiosaurus
  • Bonefoot Brachiosaurus
  • Mountain Leapers
  • Frost Titans
  • Woodrunners
  • Cave Dracohorse
  • ???
  • ???

• Zaratan
  • Terratons
  • Raftans
  • Turtrout
  • Terrorton
  • ???
  • ???
  • ???

• Crab Eating Fox
  • Glow Fox
  • Wraith Fox
  • Sea Fox
  • Jungle Lion-Fox
  • Soldier Fox
  • ???
  • ???

• Hardbacked Hermit Crab
  • Nautilus Scavenger Crabs
  • False Nautilus
  • Climber Crab
  • Pollenbrush Crabs
  • ???
  • ???
  • ???

• Burrowing Ermine
  • Mossy Ermine
  • Edgeburrow Ermine
  • Everesttail
  • ???
  • ???
  • ???

• Nursery Sharks
  • Pool Sharks
  • Hydrosharks
  • Chardybis Shark
  • Cleaner Fish
  • Deathcleaner
  • ???
  • ???
  • ???

• Brittle Stars
  • Waving Stars
  • Radio Arms
  • Kinetower
  • Glowstick Stars
  • ???
  • ???
  • ???

• Jumper Wolf
  • Rainrunner
  • Warcriminal
  • Goat Wolf
  • Captious Warrah
  • ???
  • ???

• Atlas Bear
  • Edge Bear
  • Woodfisher Bear
  • Bonecrusher Bear
  • ???
  • ???
  • ???

• Edge Rail
  • Bearded Rail
  • Quillhaunt
  • Straightfeather Rail
  • Flutterfeather Rail
  • Phoinexfeather Rail (note that hematospawning still occurs though not exactly as willow described)
  • ???
  • ???

• Wrongtail
  • Tailwalker
  • Scouter
  • Ringiraffe
  • Tritan
  • ???
  • ???
  • ???

• Crested Groshawk
  • Giant Groshawk
  • Skyvalhawk
  • Grosgull
  • Wethead
  • Cave Wader
  • ???
  • ???
  • ???

• Deep Sea Hatchetfish
  • Longtail
  • Daggerfish
  • Axefish
  • Moonseal
  • Abyss Leviathan
  • ???
  • ???
  • ???

• Cave Aphids
  • Wandering Aphid
  • Jumping Aphid
  • Thornstalker
  • Shroomfarmer
  • Shroomskin Aphid
  • ???
  • ???

• Copepod
  • Cave Copepod
  • Copecreep
  • Leaflimb
  • Sea Sweeper
  • False Sweeper
  • Luminescent Cave Copepod
  • ???
  • ???

Depending on the ancestral lines of creatures, players may now create three evolutions for each line.

Three have already been made, the Shellless Cave Nautilus, Captious Warrah, and Soldier Fox. Other than that, all positions are open.

Happy Creating!

Edit: Divided up the extant organisms chart to better represent how many spaces are left per group. This will be updated as new species are created!

2 Likes

ancestor: spirit boats
name: lightning boats
mutations: increased luminosity due to ingesting a microbe that uses sulfur to respire and to prevent damage to its cells performing sulfur respiration as well as oxygen respiration resulting in more energy for illuminating the caves from the surface of the water

ancestor: silver shrub
name: silvervine
description: due to the (relatively) bright light of the lightning boats they have increased the amount of chloroplasts per cell and have started living on the cave ceiling

@TwilightWings21 diatoms don’t actually have metal in their cell walls they actually have silica but you could have it so that the diatoms have magnetic particles in their cells, also diatoms are already in the late unicellular stage IRL

I am aware of both facts, however through evolution the diatoms evolved the ability of magnetically attracting one another via incorporation of more metals within their membrane, as said when they evolved magnetic capabilities. (Also, pretty sure silicon is a metal anyway though idk how magnetic it is)

dark atmosphere of the caves was rather interesting. However, removing it is allowed of course.