THE NEW Miscellaneous Talk That Doesn't Deserve A New Thread Thread Thread (Part 1)

My school is shutting down for an extra week after spring break. Which sucks because they don’t have any online classes so they are just extending the school year.

It may come as a surprise, but communists and anarchists consider even Western democracies to be authoritarian.
In the US, common complaints include: police brutality against minorities, detainment of immigrants and deportation, public hostility towards the LGBT community, an oversize defense budget, politicized espionage, and an arbitrary punishment system, as well as a heavy informational bias against far-left thought. There’s a reason they use the slogan ACAB, or “All Cops are Bastards.”

That’s not to say that the United States hasn’t improved its civil rights record over the past century, and is certainly built on a foundation that mandates we improve them. There’s still a long way to go beyond what has been done, though.
Despite this, it’s possible to live a nice life in a country with all these problems. People can still enjoy themselves even in the face of an omnipresent threat, as long as their needs are met. And I guess there’s a certain joy to “being the dead,” as 1984’s Winston would say.
If I’m with my friends, then I’m going to be happy no matter how much blood the government has on its hands.

1 Like

Unrelated to the topic above, but;
I completed my first 3D model of a human:

I hope it looks half decent for a first try, It took me about 2 and half hours.
I didn’t follow a tutorial (At least, not while actually making it), I just took my general body proportions, and then adjust based on what looked right.

9 Likes

that person is in need of a hug

1 Like

Still thinking that a Miscellaneous Art thread would be nice
Here’s a plant/blob creature, Togsyto, or
That one grass stump you tripped on.

1 Like

Well it may not be named so, but ithis thread seems to fill the role you’re looking for.

2 Likes

I completely forgot that thread existed, but I’ll direct myself there if i have anything new to post

Well, some have friends and others don’t have friends. I’m from the latter, so I would probably go Vendetta, become nomad and kill off autocracy by myself if I’d be living in an authoritarian state. I’d be an agent of chaos.

However, I do agree with you that it’s still possible to have a good life in such a state.

I must congratulate you since I’ve never really gone far with Blender. Excellent work!

What do you mean?

EDIT: Bump! Someone gotta revive the thread and the forums! Answer, please!

(I’ve seen some people on Steam forums who each time nobody answers them for bugs, they just say “Bump!” It’s quite hilarious to read.)

We will probably be the generation remembered for surviving the coronavirus(or not) and saving the planet(or not).

1 Like

Preferably “var Answer=true” for both.

Maybe even the first generation to reach scientific/technologic immortality. Who knows!
(Gonna be easy for me to count how old I am, 2000 + x number of years that have passed=my age.)

:-]

There were some demonstrations for the president and against the Congress and the Supreme Federal Court yesterday.

(I didn’t find any article in English about this.)

That’s awesome.

Here is a useful tip for newbies like me in C#.

To receive input from user:

string text = Console.ReadLine();

and not

Console.ReadLine(text);

1 Like

7 Likes

So will the engine change allow users with Intel integrated graphics run Thrive, or am I mistaken?

1 Like
Is it technically 3D or 2D? I mean, does Godot handle 3D very well?

Godot can do 3d but i heard its not the best at it

We’ll see about that when it gets Vulkan. hehe

Bump!

If this: Thrive in Godot tech test runs for you, then yes.

It is 3D, just like before. Thrive hasn’t used 2D rendering for the cell stage at any point.

We are almost done with having all of the Thrive graphics in Godot, and so far there hasn’t been any missing features. I’ve heard that Godot has really good 2D, better than even unreal and unity, so perhaps compared to that the 3D in Godot is nothing special.

I’ve been gone for way too long. Enjoy this slightly disturbing drawing while I familiarize myself once again.

Her name is Catherine

6 Likes

i guess it never skips leg day.

2 Likes