THE NEW Miscellaneous Talk That Doesn't Deserve A New Thread Thread Thread (Part 1)

Wait… how many developpers are left anyway?

Not that many:

Even many of the current team members are relatively inactive.

1 Like

Happy forum arrival birthday to you, @hhyyrylainen!

Also, I think that contacting very popular youtubers such as PewDiePie, Markiplier, jacksepticeye and others would bring many people to the community and probably more potential developers (though they would be less than forum users). The only problem I would find here is that the forum could get bloated. So we would need more mods.
We could ask them to either play the game, make memes or anything else as long as they speaking about the game.

If Thrive ever runs out of devs, I think of only one solution, though I wouldn’t like it very well. It would consist of cooperating with one video game company and that’s where things would mess up because it’s an open source project.

EDIT: I don’t think this would happen. It seems absurd.

1 Like

I see there being very close to zero chance for any of those youtubers playing Thrive, at least before thrive is a more known game.

At that point all the fans would turn into idea guys trying to get a studio to make their game for them. Unless you can raise a lot of money that will not happen.

These suggestions are very, very unrealistic…

3 Likes

That’s what I said, right there.

Hum, … well I can’t answer that one. Agreed.

Conclusion: I hope the Outreach team will find enough people.

I can’t edit a thread’s title because the festive hats block the confirmation check.

3 Likes

There have been a lot of F’s these days.

EDIT: I can confirm I failed one course for my current session (general chemistry), with two confirmed successful courses (both Canadian languages). Only one remains. Will I pass it? Only time (and the exam) will tell…

F’s to help me pass economics, chemistry, and geometry.

1 Like

Wait, what? Economics in high school?!

I have questions about PC specs, but I didn’t want to triple post/edit on the PC specs thread, so…

1. Is there a difference between DDR4 16 GB 2400 MHz and 3000/3200 MHz? How huge is it?
  2. Would two 8 GB of RAM be any better than a single 16 GB?
  3. Would a Ryzen 3 1200 be good for gaming?

We had that too. Basic economics is for a large part just heavily applied maths, making the class basically just ‘math but easier’.

More Hz = more faster, and 2 smaller sticks are faster than one large one.

Ehhehhheeehh… theoretically it would work. Don’t expect to actually do a lot with it though when it comes to heavier stuff, since CPU will be very limiting.

1 Like

That’s true as long as you put the sticks in different memory channelsl

What I’ve heard a lot is that RAM speeds hardly matter for intel CPUs, but for recent AMD offerings they do give good performance increases. However I just looked up some benchmarks and it looks like even intel CPU owners should consider if faster ram is worth it. Some links:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Competitiveoverwatch/comments/9srhlg/fps_benchmarks_with_different_ram_speeds/

Of course you’ll want to research, as always, when selecting PC components, your actual workloads (games, video editing etc.) that you want to do on your system to see what kind of performance you can get at different price points, and then select the optimal price to performance you are willing to pay and buy the best component at that price range.

When I first joined this forum I made threads left and right, rapid fire posting, everyone else was making threads and posting, now it seems to just be a bunch of people sitting around not doing much. I ran out of things to post ¯\ _(ツ) _/¯. (Maybe I should continue my research into underwater civilizations but Omicrons kinda shot me down and I stopped after that)

3 Likes

We… we did? IIRC We only gave a couple arguments against it, yet we wouldn’t call them irrefutable or anything like that.

2 Likes

Happy forum birthday @DPHkraken!

EDIT: Well @Omicron, I found a Ryzen 5 2600 CPU which has a similar price to Ryzen 3 mentioned above (when its price increases). How much better would it be?
1 Like

https://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/AMD-Ryzen-3-1200-vs-AMD-Ryzen-5-2600/3931vs3955

If you can get in for the same price range it’s pretty damn worth it.

1 Like

If we ever decide on a world language, I say it should be Latin, It’s already used all over the world (I’m not sure about East Asia) it’s the perfect candidate.

While this might be true. Actual number of latin speakers is tiny.

4 Likes

Or… or… we use the language that is already used as Lingua Franca, the default language on the internet, which is already spoken by a fifth of the worlds; English.

5 Likes

English, mooterfooocker!

Yeah, English is the language that is spoken the most in the world including natives and non natives (chinese would be first for natives only). Let’s go for english! So simple, so easy, so elegant, so pure!
People in my province, frenchies, would call me a traitor, and I don’t even care! Mwahahahahahahahahaha! :crazy_face: :smiling_imp:

Screw separatism

oof, I might have gone too far with that

Isn’t english the most spoken language only because Britain basically conquered the world?

2 Likes