THE NEW Miscellaneous Talk That Doesn't Deserve A New Thread Thread Thread (Part 1)

Whelp, I’m all out of ideas, and think @QuMingeyCratter might be correct: I think this could be a glitch of some sort.

Is there maybe a kind of “discourse meta forum help desk” or “help” page where one could ask this to more experienced people/maybe even the devs?

1 Like

There is https://meta.discourse.org/ but I don’t think this is a huge bug that they need to be made aware of.

1 Like

So like, can we swear in this forum?

1 Like

I guess so. For the moment atleast.

But don’t say swears please, this is, like, a PG forum, and we don’t like swearing here.

2 Likes

There doesn’t seem to be a plugin for discourse to replace swear words with another word, only censoring it with stars.

If there was I would make all swear words turn into “belgium”.

3 Likes

god belgium

2 Likes

Did you guys deleted the old forums?

2 Likes

No, the old one is still visible, it’s just been archived to not have others be able to post anymore
(Not entirely sure if it has been archived already though)

3 Likes

The old forums won’t be deleted (everything will be kept for reference) and we haven’t yet archived them as people are still free to voice their disagreements over moving for a few more days.

2 Likes

Will we have a period where people can post links to new versions of threads (created here) on the old forums so that people can find where the discussion is continued?

1 Like

That seems reasonable.

1 Like

We are now getting some nice activity going on here.

2 Likes

Hi, what do people talk about around here ?

2 Likes

miscellaneous talk that doesn’t deserve their own thread of course : )

Actual helpful part: Smaller things that don’t deserve their own thread, such as a youtube video that had connections to Thrive or something that someone wanted to share

4 Likes

So this is basically a test to try to hit the discourse post limit per thread? Which, if I remember correctly, is in the thousands of posts.

2 Likes

Eh probably won’t be reached, seeing as the medium-old forum had around 1000 posts in the end

2 Likes

Total or the longest thread? I think I saw a few people there with almost 1000 posts each. So it can’t be the total

2 Likes

Longest thread (The older miscellaneous talk thread)

The longest thread in the entire forums was a forum game however (the ecosytem RP/game)

2 Likes

Of course it would be a forum game.
Of course.

2 Likes