THE NEW Miscellaneous Talk That Doesn't Deserve A New Thread Thread Thread (Part 1)

In C#, all classes are references, which means they are pointers in disguise. So if you have a class Microbe and then you have variables like this:

Microbe a = new Microbe();
Microbe b = a;
b.SomeProperty = 5;

a and b refer to the same microbe instance. So after that code a.SomeProperty will also be 5.
In effect all variables that have a class type in C#, are pointers. Though as C# is a memory managed language you can’t actually do pointer arithmetic or stuff like that on the pointers, and you can’t accidentally point to some random place in memory, but conceptually the variables a and b are pointers that point to the Microbe instance that was created.

It’s always been there, but now for some reason the theme has decided that it should be left aligned and have a black background.

1 Like

Don’t say that’s a Fit video… He makes a lot of stuff up and claims it as a true fact.

I always thought it was a joke so…

1 Like
Käännöksen tila

Time to get translating

6 Likes

Need help translating it into English?
No? Ok.

1 Like

Unfortunately, you need to speak some other language in addition to English.

Though, if you notice typos in the English version, fixing those are appreciated.

2 Likes

Why specifically these eight languages?

You can press a button to add any new language to be translated. All except English, Finnish, and French have been added by the community already. So this shows which languages have the most eager Thrive fans who have already started translations.

European languages are generally the ones that come first, especially English.

I really want to add an Anglish translation, but for now i guess that i’ll help with Spanish

Spanish is basically done, so i won’t help :C

I went to a supermarket for the first time after a year (needed to recharge my SIM).
There was a human near the entrance who looked at me weirdly when I tried entering the building. I then thought there may some kind of line, so I positioned myself behind the human that was farthest from the entrance. The one that had looked at me now went into the supermarket. I waited for quite a while but then I noticed the person before me seemed to just be standing there looking at his phone. The other people also seemed to be just hanging around.
Then I looked at the machine that was standing in the middle of the way. It’s like a column coming out of a ground with a green light on it and beeping once in a while. It had some instructions attached to it. It said I should wait until the light turns green, but the light was already green, so I didn’t know if I had to wait until it turned off or became some other color to then become green again to go in. So I waited a bit more…
The light never changed, then I thought maybe, if the goal is to control the flow of people, then it should be okay to go. So I limped through it (my knee is swollen due to an injury), and did what I had to do, but when I returned I noticed there was no light on the other side. Due to that, I was unsure how to know when to go through it. So I just went, but halfway through I noticed there was someone coming my way and who did not seem to be about to stop, so I backtracked as quickly as possible and left after the human had passed.
I’m very confused by that experience.

4 Likes

After reading this; I’m not sure if your an extraterrestrial being trying to adjust to human society, an incredibly awkward and anxious person, or both.

…I could see myself doing the same things though not going to lie.

2 Likes

Well, maybe I’m not the ET afterall!

1 Like

Sille Homan, gren lite meenz walc. Ey amm Hoomanman.

1 Like

I wasn’t really sure, due to the first reaction I got from my behaviour and the fact that it said I had to wait until it turned green (which it already was and have never seen in any different colour (altough my father is colourblind, I am not.))(«Espere até a luz tornar-se verde para entrar.» ou algo assim.).

1 Like

Do I really need to revive THIS thread?

Did it ever die though???

It was only 4 days and it’s the misc thread

Let sleeping dogs lie. There’s no need to revive a thread if you have nothing to say.

2 Likes

Can’t argue there. This thread will be used though. It is the misc thread.

But no one deserves the power of misc king. (that’s if someone can be the last post in this thread for 7 days, this is probably the closest it has gotten to that)

2 Likes