THE NEW Miscellaneous Talk That Doesn't Deserve A New Thread Thread Thread (Part 1)

Unless there is a link click tracker or the updater in the launcher can send messages, it may be hard for launcher Thrive. Not impossible though

This is actually easier, as Github provides a public API to get the downloads of any version hosted on there. There used to be a site where you could see these numbers, but that site has quietly shutdown. I’ve planned on adding a some kind of display of the Github download stats for the ThriveDevCenter, but I’ve had way too much other stuff to work on to make time for that. The DevCenter is open source, so I’d welcome anyone wanting to program that:

It’s written in C# like Thrive, but as it is a website it has much more generous execution time constraints so as such it’s less critical to write excellent code there.

This site seems to do the same thing.

With a grand total of 208,639 downloads

5 Likes

Oh nice, that seems to be a Github hosted version of the site I used to use.

1 Like

:thrive: :muscle: :muscle:

1 Like

Since the beginning of the pandemic, I’ve noticed various changes occuring in my life. They may not be a result of the pandemic (and other events), at least not directly, but my state of mind has definitely changed. Similarly, my mannerisms have changed. Has anyone else experienced this, or am I alone?

2 Likes

Yeah. As far as things go, I’ve changed. I am a very different person to when all this started, and yet quite a lot is the same.

1 Like

For the better or for the worse, if it’s not too invasive for me to ask?

For the better, I think.

1 Like

I often feel some sort of despair, not necessarily because of the pandemic, but rather because of events in the political world, which is feeding my wrath.

I’m also currently waiting for the Valve Deckard to come out because I’m afraid of my Index overheating. And TIL this:

Now, I’ll get it out of the bag. Sorry for my language.

Bad words involved

:belgium: you Meta!
:belgium: you Facebook!
:belgium: you Zuckerberg!

Otherwise, I’m fine. I’ve been playing L4D2 for a while and I found this video.

Very droll. Especially since I’ve never had to deal with those problems.

1 Like

I know what you mean. It’s especially frustrating when I can’t discuss it with the people around me. Most of them, anyway.

1 Like

May I ask who/what does your pfp represent?

1 Like

Oh, it’s Albert Camus. He was a French philosopher who contributed to the rise of absurdism. He also wrote The Stranger and The Myth of Sisyphus.

1 Like

Sorry for the necroliking, guys. I thumbed up a lot of posts in the past because I was unable or unwilling to like them. Also, TIL that @RoboRomb is or will be 17 years old soon. When’s your birthday?

Haha, your link doesn’t work anymore, Evo!

I’ve also been reading the posts about Kiky & Nascar and got the random idea to start reading the old forums. @hhyyrylainen, is there any chance the old forums will ever disappear?

February 7th, 2005. Yes, I’ll be 17 years old soon. Fun times.

Yeah the image doesn’t work anymore

The forum is hosted proboards, so if they ever went out of business then yeah, but i think the forum is partially archived

Well the, old, old, old forums have disappeared due to the forum host disappearing. The old, old forums and the old forums can disappear if the forum hosting companies that host them disappear.

wow, roboromb is the same age as me, i expected him to be in his 20s by now from the ways he act

What made you think I’d be in my early 20s?

Eh, just a hunch. I generally thought most people who joined the forum before me is older than me. Contrary to now
But considering that you are still an radical teen. Most of the changes to your mentality could probably be blamed on puberty