THE NEW Miscellaneous Talk That Doesn't Deserve A New Thread Thread Thread (Part 1)

It is 2:28 pm here

This actually almost happened a couple times, but usually the people that controlled the sensors/response stations came to the conclusion that they should wait a while, only to find out later that nothing had happened. (this video contains some examples of things like that happening, starting around 4:30)

Did you know that china built a dam that slowed the earth by 60 nanoseconds

Iā€™m sure we all know of the 3 Gorges Dam.

Now in the year 40k (lol warhammer reference) the day would be one almost one second longer

Are the dev forums here i was reading on the Launcher and decided to go to the dev forums and there the button to get back to the home page is the same( the Revolutionary Games Studios logo).
Also what is Cytara?

What? I have no clue what you are saying

Are the dev forums on this forum both have this button ?

No, they are a separate forum.

Link to random topic there:

So, what dicatates if aliens will develope guns or not? Gunpowder is not a necessary part of technological advancement to space.

Yeah like you could have modern warfare with swords and spears instead of rifles and grenades

Only the steam machine is important

and metal
and fire
and combustion

1 Like

Those are part of the steam machine.

I donā€™t think it could be possible to create rockets without knowing what explosives are tho. Especially if youā€™re going the current-time rockes, then Iā€™d assume they would probably think ā€œwait what if we put something in front of the rocket and throw it away very hardā€, itā€™ll work like a sort of advanced ballista (AKA a cannon)

(also, steam machines donā€™t use combustion btw)

myes, that makes them important

if weā€™re talking going into space, then aye you need combustion

For steam engines you use coal or charcoal then light the coal/charcoal on fire

Iā€™m talking about steam engines tho, not space

Also, technically speaking steam machines can use glowing coals, which donā€™t burn and therefore donā€™t count as ā€œcombustionā€ (since combustion is ā€œthe process of burning somethingā€)

I still donā€™t see why you would need gunpowder for combustion in order to get to outer space (or even jet flight).

Is the small dog in the middle cute