THE NEW Miscellaneous Talk That Doesn't Deserve A New Thread Thread Thread (Part 2)

yeah we don’t need another march 9th incident

I certainly won’t buy any ASUS product in the future nor will I update my BIOS.

EDIT: huh s.c.u.m is censored.

The whole belgium or just the part not containing the s?

It is the whole word

Oh shoot I didnt see hhyyry’s post
I was replying to lipo in case whoever is reading needs some context

bro got flashbanged .

Yeah well I opened a new tab of the forum and then it was loading the theme, so now everything is fine.

@hhyyrylainen, I just learned that the System Shock remake might release on May 30th. I’ve been playing the closed beta and so far, the performance is great. Textures are a bit pixelated, but I think that’s intentional (probably for nostalgia factor). Controls are also far better than in the original game. I don’t know if it runs on Linux or Proton, though.

Update: It is supported, but you’ll need to tinker with Proton a little bit.

https://www.protondb.com/app/482400

BRUH
Got this today:

Rough Translation

Warning! There is a search for an aerial object resembling a balloon. In the case of finding it do not pick it up, notify the closest Police station instead.

1 Like

Oh my god, J.C., a bomb!

Seriously, what could it be? Another Chinese spy balloon?

1 Like

From what I know, it “came from the direction of Belarus” and was tracked on radar until it disappeared near the town of Rypin. Shortly after the alert has been sent to Pomeranian, West Pomeranian and Kuyavian-Pomeranian Voivodships.

Then it would be a Russian device? Interesting.

Could be a Belarussian device as well, cause Belarus isn’t THAT dependent on Russia. It’s more like Belarus is the North Korea of Eastern Europe.
All I know for sure rn is that people are already meming it:

But doesn’t Belarus sometimes act on Russia’s behalf?

Belarus… It’s a river of a topic… So, stuff that we need to know for now:

Political stuff:

• Belarus is allied with Russia.
  • Belarus is an authoritarian dictatorship ruled by Alexander Lukashenko since 1994.
  • Belarus is in a conflict with Poland due to: 1) Polish support for the 2020 protests in Belarus and 2) Poland supporting Ukraine. Examples of this conflict include e.g. Belarusian propaganda campaigns against Poland and “The West” and the 2021-2022 Migrant Crisis. There’s also some historical bad blood between the countries that I won’t be getting into rn.

Geographical stuff:

• Belarus is located in Eastern Europe.
  • Belarus borders five countries: Poland to the west, Lithuania and Latvia to the North-West, Russia to North-East and East, and finally Ukraine to the South.

Anyways, I think we should start too fizzle out this conversation as it is starting to get into territories of the dreaded political discourse.

1 Like

Has Steam already updated their UI!?

Why is no one talking about Eurovision? Is everyone so uncultured here that they can’t enjoy a song contest?

2 Likes

Wee! The prototypes were fun…

1 Like

I guess I can share a screenshot of what the patrons already got (coming in next release for everyone else) last week for the prototypes:

1 Like

belgiumING BRO

HOW THE belgium WE GO FROM PRIMORDIAL PUDDLE SIMULATOR TO KERBAL SPACE PROGRAM 3 PROTOTYPE IN A FEW belgiumING MONTHS

By the way, I started playing ksp, very fun

3 Likes

In Britain, Eurovision is generally looked down upon musically. Europop is generally considered to be less sophisticated than commercial British or American music. And Eurovision has all the underlying politics, rivalries, etc. which make a lot of the voting predictable. So, that makes the contest aspect of it seem less worthwhile. Terry Wogan, who hosted the British coverage for many years, would always make dry comical remarks on those aspects of it - this country is voting now, and of course they give that country the most points, etc.

I think there’s more appreciation now of other aspects of Eurovision. The LGBT representation gets a lot more positivity in the UK now. And the level of spectacle involved in some of the acts. I’d actually forgotten it was being hosted in the UK this year, though. :person_shrugging:t2: I’ll probably watch it at some point.