THE NEW Miscellaneous Talk That Doesn't Deserve A New Thread Thread Thread (Part 2)

oof another sarcasm from our Master.

Question for Steam users here: What do you think about game license keys sold on the gray market?

I think that in theory it is a good idea so that people can exchange game keys they get from a bundle for ones they don’t have already or like more. But in practice it ended up being a way for stolen credit cards to be converted into real money, and for review key asking scammers to profit from their activities. So while in theory it is a fine thing (and what sites like g2a like to entirely focus their self image on) I don’t like how the practice has been taken over by illegal or at least highly questionable ways the system works.

The only thing I’m grateful towards the gray market is that they sell games that are unlisted on Steam. So if there’s an unlisted game that you want yet isn’t sold as a physical copy with a license key anymore, you can at least still get it there.

so i havent been in this community in a while and ive missed a lot. so you can pretty much play through a janky version of all of the game now? neet

THRIVE 2 IS ALREADY IN DEVELOPMENT?!

Spoiler

It’s not.

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: Programming help/tips

why hasnt the thrive dev wiki been updated in so long? where are the picutres of the new stage prototypes?

It’s been recently updated a ton, as pages for all organelles have been added. Those pages will be in the next release as Thriveopedia content.

It would be inside knowledge, never to be shared with new forum users.

Whenever someone joins just spam their posts with otter emojis and never explain why.

1 Like

By the way, I edited my post on Quick Question Thread - #1996 by C009 because I don’t whether it is ok to double post on threads of that kind.

You mean “as a ton of pages”, right?

I don’t think that’s what I meant. I added a comma for clarity.

Editing the last post of a thread bumps it up on the list of recent threads.

1 Like

Yeah, I think I noticed it some time ago but I forgo how exactly it worked.

1 Like

I wonder if this was the big Valve announcement for now:

Nooooooo, impossible! There shall be the Deckard!

There was a Deck but not a Deckard lmao

EDIT: huh the Japanese version is orange instead of being red like in NA. Is that a reference to the Japanese version of the Gamecube?

i got sick, pretty sure it was from buying candy at the dollar store.

After watching Linus Tech Tips video on the OLED Steam Deck it seems like it took all the codenames that had been floating around. Also that explains why Valve had been submitting HDR work for Linux in the recent past: they had been working on the OLED Steam Deck which needs HDR to really work well.

What codename? Certainly not the Deckard. Not even Galileo as Galileo is a product name and not a codename.