THE NEW Miscellaneous Talk That Doesn't Deserve A New Thread Thread Thread (Part 2)

It seems that the page was originally created as an act of vandalism by the user DownWithThriveYetAgain.

Should i restore it? After all, the Space Stage is planned.

It’d be good. I guess that the developer wiki has enough info for an article.

Should i just copy-paste it for the first draft, or?
Edit: okay, i copy-pasted the entire page because i didn’t know what else to do.

I guess it’s fine to copy-paste for the first diff, especially because the dev wiki article in question isn’t too technical.

I just asked Chat-GPT about Thrive:

Prompt: What is the Thrive game?

Thrive is an open-source simulation game that allows players to create and control a species of organisms as they evolve and thrive in a simulated environment. The game is designed to be educational and aims to teach players about biology, evolution, and ecology by allowing them to experiment with different traits and strategies for survival.

In Thrive, players begin by creating a single-celled organism and guiding its evolution through various stages, from a multicellular organism to a sentient and intelligent species capable of space travel. Players can modify their organism’s DNA to give them new traits, such as improved vision or stronger defensive capabilities, and must manage their species’ resources and environment to ensure their survival.

The game is still in development, and the development team is made up of volunteers who are passionate about science and gaming. The game is free to play and is available on Windows, Mac, and Linux operating systems.

1 Like

6 posts were merged into an existing topic: Community Wiki Editing talk

This is frighteningly accurate.

1 Like

Thrive exists since 2009–10, I’d be surprised if it didn’t know what the game is.

Go on.

I forgot about Pantheons. But no, i mean, like, competing gods, fighting for control of the universe and/or galaxy. Wouldn’t that be weird?

1 Like

I’d feel pity for whoever is present during this war.

Goddamnit hh, you broke the conversation in half, and now we need two whole threads to understand it!

Nah, it’s fine. It seems more ominous now.

Huh. Say, will there be monoliths you can use to uplift species, or, dare i say it, turn gas giants into stars?
(Yes, a monolith actually did that)

ALL THESE WORLDS ARE YOURS, EXCEPT EUROPA. ATTEMPT NO LANDING THERE

Hehehe! That didn’t answer my question!

Maybe as an easter egg. The space stage will be more like a sci-fi than a simulation after all.

So we aren’t just gonna pull a Spore and have a Monolith tool?
What will do the uplifting and/or turning gas giants into stars, then?
And for the love of Spode, why does everything keep turning into crabs?

If you use my real name at least get it right. Also I’m much more fine with people abbreviating my username as hh.

Sorry, HH. I honestly didn’t know.
Also, how are you not Leader? How are you still Regular?

1 Like

As I expected, ASD and ADHD seem to be the most prevalent amongst us.

2 Likes