THE NEW Miscellaneous Talk That Doesn't Deserve A New Thread Thread Thread (Part 2)

Thats a lot of bugs
We need pesticides in here

3 Likes

Well actually less than half are really ā€œbugsā€ others are new features or improvements to older features (or tweaks that arenā€™t fully ā€œbugsā€ but still need changing).

2 Likes

Initiate the Exterminatus

2 Likes

So the game might need a few tweaking/bug fixing updares

Well all games release with bugs. But if people are scared that Thrive might be finished at some point, we can just almost infinitely make bug fixing and correction updates.

Though, due to the volunteer nature of the project it kind of seems to me that we have less people available to fix bugs as they arenā€™t very exciting to work on.

2 Likes

I read an interesting book by Christopher Paolini (author of the Inheritance Cycle (Eragon)), and he had an interesting take on FTL travel I hadnā€™t heard before

Iā€™m no expert, but it seemed at least plausible to me, and so I thought I might as well put it here, so people could read it over and maybe, eventually, part of it could be used as inspiration for Thriveā€™s own FTL travel.

Hereā€™s a link to a site that has the text of the appendix where the FTL travel method is described.

To Sleep in a Sea of Stars - Appendix

1 Like

i thought the reason was burgeonblas trolling and people using ad hominems instead of actually attacking each otherā€™s points?

Thatā€™s basically what was said, along with requirements for the discussion to recommence.

Anyway the UC discussion was over, letā€™s leave it that way

one thing that could definitely be done by an ameboid creature is printing high quality metal if it used metals to use itā€™s brain as that would cause the metals to be refined(though it would have to be condensed to make a difference) after which they could be excreted in a pattern determined by a shape put on top of them. this is not trying to say that any underwater civ could exist but that if a civ got lucky it could skip the blacksmithing as long as they fed the metal printer one specific metal to prevent mixed metals unless they wanted an alloy.

No

geobacter metallireductens is an example of metals being able to be metabolized and cupriavidus metallidurans is an example of bacteria refining metals into large clumps and the tool would likely need to be hammered after being printed to fix any rough edges. the metal excretions could also be eroded to match the shape being copied as closely as possible

literally something you can tell how it works by touching a shape.

Unless it is tested with an actually built device, itā€™s just as theoretical (potentially possible) as any other potential approach we know.

1 Like

How is it that you do the footnote in the forum replies?

Edit: ok I found out how

Maybe youā€™d like to share your knowledge here so that if someone sees your post when they have the same issue, theyā€™ll be able to learn the solution?

1 Like

In a rotating universe, time travel to the past is possible*. By first going to the past and then moving to the target destination at light speed, one can end up at the destination at the same moment journey begin at the start location. Maybe ftl travel can be done using rotating black holes, which rotate the spacetime around them.

Iā€™m not going to let the forum go into another ice age, so hereā€™s a random trivia.

Cool fact: in some communities in the Amazon, River dolphins cooperate with fishermen by attracting fish to be caught, then fishermen give part of the catch to dolphin

bye

3 Likes

thatā€™s a fact though, not trivia?

I put ā€œcool factā€ at the beginning, now itā€™s a trivia fr