THE NEW Miscellaneous Talk That Doesn't Deserve A New Thread Thread Thread (Part 2)

I remember I asked chat gpt last year to compare spore and thrive and make jokes about it. It was so funny and it caught me off guard. I wondered why it suddenly became so offensive. I didn’t even have jail break.

I asked it again and now tries to be wholesome.

If I ask with my older account it gives better results. But it also references some new things such as the fossilisation feature so whatever angry comments it was trained on, it is now diluted with new training data.

1 Like

I think the joke here is that, per those fictional spore fans, thrive players cannot tell apart real museums and in-game museums.

1 Like

We put bricks in artificial sedimentary rocks, and clay, by default, in natural sediments. So just put them to the sides of the bins or underground where the plants will turn 'em into soil by repeatedly breaking them into more pieces.

3 Likes

Gold is a rather solft metal, it would have to be repaired constantly to work

it’s good enough to mine the seafloor, as long as your planet is sufficiently old, and that’s good enough to use magnets to extract iron containing sand and crush it into rust dust, before putting it in a pot full of cold water[1] and crushed zinc, extracted from ores of highly reactive metals including copper, aluminium, and magnesium (ex: copper, sphalerite.) with various refining processes(for the example, leaching with a strong acid and precipitation, which can be done through evaporation). after mixing the thermite you let the sun evaporate the water off, or just take the mixture and hit it with the rock on the bottom of one of your mining shoes hard enough that it starts burning, doesn’t matter where you do it as long as it works, it won’t boil you before you can escape, and it gets hot enough to repair your tools without too much of a hassle. and the thermite will leave behind a puddle of molten iron if the thermite is burned on land, which you can simply douse with water before picking up, and add the iron from the thermite to your ore bag, that way you can have your blacksmiths, iron refiners, and miners all be the same people without sacrificing efficiency that wouldn’t already have been lost until you have enough iron to start making lots of iron tools and maintaining them.

writing this reminded me, how did we forget about thermites, i don’t recall finding a single argument that used thermites as a way to smeltal the meltal or to refine the meltal. thermites are an easy way to produce lots of heat quickly using relatively common ingredients, and you can just domesticate your planet’s aquatic equivalent of a vulture, or be your planet’s aquatic equivalent of a vulture, and have it puke in a bucket on land so you can refine the zinc, aluminum, or magnesium out of crushed sand, sulfides, and oxides, then simply evaporate the liquids until the metal you’re trying to use that isn’t iron starts precipitating, and then continue evaporating it as fast as you can without making it amourphous, since lots of tiny bits are what you want here, not one solid rock, and then once it’s dried, just crush it up and mix it in! for magnesium though, don’t mix it in water, mix it in oil.

1. it is important that the volume of water be at least 1.5* the volume of the solid ingredients, to not accidentally allow a thermite reaction to become self sustaining ↩︎

How far could this take the aquatic species? Would it be able to carry it all the way to space stage?

it depends on the body construction

i suggest you both to discreetly stop talking about “this” before the mods notice

but I still think that a river species is the only way that can work

2 Likes

I agree, let’s not get mods into this.

honestly i’m genuinely surprised they didn’t already, but yeah.

I was too lazy to point out that gold as a very soft metal is unsuitable for any tools. But it is time to stop, again.

1 Like

What are Views on the profile page?

Where does it show the views? I can only find the number of topics viewed on my profile.

On mobile, if I go to my profile and expand it I get this.

Ah that views, that’s the views for the profile page itself, so how many times people have viewed your profile page.

1 Like

I have like over 200 views which is suprising.

Sounds intriguing. What’s on there that everyone is looking at?
View count goes up by 1

1 Like

2.6 k of that madness

how they did see me XD

1 Like

I have 1.5k views?!

1 Like