THE NEW Miscellaneous Talk That Doesn't Deserve A New Thread Thread Thread (Part 2)

It seems that the error has been fixed, but the forum still looks kind of funky (at least to me).

This is to good to not share.

8 Likes

Related.

9 Likes

Does the set of all sets that don’t contain themselves contain itself?

I thought way too hard about what the problem is with the mission. The way I saw it was:

• You ask the robot to take on a new mission
  • The mission consists of a single step: refuse the mission
  • Obviously then the robot just starts your mission and executes the first step by refusing the mission
  • The mission ends in refused state, and the robot just continuous whatever it was previously doing (for example murdering you)

But maybe it’s actually meant like that the robot needs to come up with a way to complete the mission successfully and in trying to come up with the steps to do that it gets stuck.

Not sure if this counts as a meme or not,but paleoartists have made a new creature.
“Thylacocephalan sussocaris” from sussex

5 Likes

That is the scary

1 Like

Who are these “paleoartists” and where can I find them?

Why does the Development Feed use YYYY-DD-MM?

2 Likes

:us:

1 Like

I thought that the US only used MM/DD/YYYY

1 Like

I realized something so stupid, but so childish, that it’s better not to say.

But since I’m stupid and childish, I’ll say it anyway.

If all goes well, we will have Thrive 0.69 in 2024.

Why i said this

1 Like

Thrive 0.6.9 - the nice version

2 Likes

Based.

Where does the stereotype of a robot not understanding a paradox come from?

Clearly not Prince Harry betraying his family.

1 Like

If I had to guess,
it’s because you can’t get out of the logic loop without recognizing that’s it’s looping, which is a relatively easy mistake to make when programming; the solution is just check how much you’ve repeated the operation and stop if it’s taking too long (Even humans do this, it’s how you can recognize a paradox), or just not allow your code to loop in the first place.

Although with the way AI development is going (using evolutionary algorithms instead of human programmers) some AI may still be vulnerable if paradox resistance isn’t selected for.

Search up the name of the “animal”

Where exactly? The feed is shown in at least 3 places I can think of, and many of those use different date formatting rules (for example the feed in Thrive and the launcher, I think, has the time format depend on the selected language).

?

Ah, I see. It’s true that if you write a simple solution finder and forget to end the solution search once all plausible ways are investigated. It’s a pretty beginner mistake to forget the end case for a recursive search function, which might never stop otherwise.

How did you get those hd 2005 gdc SPORE photos?
:o

I mean isn’t that stereotypical that a robot can’t understand what a paradox is and crashes when it sees one? Aside from Portal 2, I remember seeing that kind of situation in The Witcher 2, except that instead of a robot, it was a golem with an artificial intelligence. I mean it must come from somewhere, right? My guess is that it might be from a classical movie or play.

TVTropes has a page for this I think here:

1 Like