THE NEW Miscellaneous Talk That Doesn't Deserve A New Thread Thread Thread (Part 2)

Just got a confirmation that spiders, indeed, live inside my walls. I- I gotta clean up my room before they make nests in my mess…

1 Like

I’ve heard that bugs and critters hate tobacco flowers.

It should be okay as some scientific conversations need that word to be understood.

1 Like

It seems you have quite a handful of knowledge on that topic! There are even some of those words that came out of the videos I posted in the L̴̗̀o̵̫̒ủ̷͉ǹ̶̢g̴̻͐e̷̖̒. Did you learn some of them there or did you already know them?

Oops I double posted. Sorry.

Gonna try to see if unformatted text can bypass the censor.

belgium

Even formatted text is affected. G̸̟̈́ọ̵̕ȏ̶̟d̵͈͂.

1 Like

$[quote=“Evolution4Weak, post:1437, topic:5842, full:true”]
belgium

Testing to see if I can break it with latex
[/quote]

$

Testing to see if I can break it with latex

what about polls

Who will you belgium?
  • Me
  • You
  • belgiuming nobody.
  • belgium off NSA

0 voters

so it seems like polls can break it

what about lists

• belgium the belgiums

2023-05-17T00:00:00Z

belgium

belgium

Does hyperlink work?

heh thats neat

belgium

it seems like it changes where a link goes, which seems like it should not do that lol

what about pictures?

belgium You Belgium

yeah it seems like hover text are belgiumed

Also it seems like old post are still uncensored which is interesting…

and searching it still censors so that works

belgium

1 Like

I decided to not put this on the filter list because scientific discussion about impacts of homosexuality (which AFAIK is the scientific neutral term for it) have a chance to work on the forums without turning to belgium immediately.

I just googled for a bad words list and selected the first one that looked okay. I then went through and removed the words that would likely come up in valid discussions (mainly scientific sexual related terms) on these forums.

The censor only applies when a post is “cooked” which means that old posts aren’t automatically updated. I decided to use that approach so that all the browsers accessing the website don’t need to apply the filter, but instead it is applied on the serverside so that things like notification emails are also censored.

Edit:

Interesting that polls don’t hit the filter, but I don’t have any more time to work on the plugin, it’s a very simple text replace actually. If anyone wants to submit a fix for the plugin the exact censoring is going on here:

1 Like

does it fail the sbelgiumrope test?

belgium…

3 Likes

I noticed that in the word list that a**, c**, and n** aren’t blocked, presumably because of the sbelgiumhorpe problem with words like grass, accumulate, and night; So you’ll still have look out for those (Unless a special case is implemented, though with punctuation that seems fruitless).

1 Like

Hmmm
I noticed something

Maine belgiums are Huge Cats

Someone care to enlighten me on why this was censored?

1 Like

Checking on urban dictionary it seems to be racial slur, though one that I haven’t heard of before.

If I’m right about the c-word you alluded to, it is actually blocked with a regex that only matches full words to ensure that words like accumulate don’t get hit. And ass is not on the filter list because we are in 2023 and it doesn’t count as a bad word at all in my opinion. As for the third word, I expect people might want to discuss seeds, nuts and other kinds of potential food plants make on Earth and how those might be modelled in Thrive.

1 Like

bro thinks nut is a bad word

1 Like

Ok, more some tests

nsfw
crap

probably will not so warning

Manoel Gomes :+1::+1::+1::+1:

and profanity in other languages ​​as well, but since 99.6% of the forum discussions are in English, I don’t think there’s much of a problem

1 Like

what

1 Like

seems like theres been a drastic increase in spam in the past few days.

1 Like

We under attack! Get Caver!
Take ur weapons and fight.
Rise the flags are win this fight

Some how

1 Like

Could you maybe edit out the cursing in another language?

1 Like

I want to mention that this thing ↓

is Spanish from Brazilian. :
then cuz im a Chinese here,
maybe I should let u guys know that these words are bad words.
I’ll also get their translations right there so that you could decide which are completely bad words which need to be blocked and which are theoretically not bad words.
here it is

some Chinese bad (or not) words

deleted

these words are able to find easily… some bad words are really like irony that we can’t recognize them sometimes.
Wait for another Chinese (or me again) to finish it… just a beginning

1 Like

Something’s not right… I wonder what that something is…
Languages_of_South_America_(en).svg

1 Like

These forums are in English, I’m not going to add a bad word filter for other languages.

Could you edit out the non-English questionable words in your post, please?

Also this has happened twice now so I’m now warning that the next person to intentionally post bad words in another language is going to get an official warning.

2 Likes

maybe, instead of using dozens of dyson swarms to power an ascension gate, we could use a black hole bomb? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I succeeded! I managed to write (sort of) 55555 words in 5 weeks for the story based on my forum game!
Although I am not the best “composer”, you are invited to enjoy the story.
I still plan to continue writing a little more and finish it this Friday. That was the plan

This means that after I finish writing, I will continue to work on our forum game and be active again

I just wanted to share this achievement with everyone.
If you want to read, you are welcome to read here:

5 Likes