THE NEW Miscellaneous Talk That Doesn't Deserve A New Thread Thread Thread (Part 1)

since we needed another one of these

8 Likes

Individual reply message that came before all other reply messages in this one thing with sentences known as a thread (“First”)

I had to

8 Likes

Individual reply message that came before all other reply messages in this thread, with the exception of the first message, known as “second”.

8 Likes

Individual reply message that came before all other reply messages in this thread, with the exception of the first and second message, known as “third”

8 Likes

I have no idea what to say, so I’m gonna see if the swear filter works. Fuck it.

Edit: There is no swear filter.

7 Likes

(i made a dumb)

5 Likes

Advanced science is being conducted over here

10 Likes

The results are promising, but not for the test subjects.

4 Likes

Holy Belgium @hhyyrylainen has a profile pic! What is this sorcery!? :OOOOO
he says, while having no profile pic…

3 Likes

For some reason (or probably because I’m not a moderator, just an admin) when I post there isn’t a shield icon next to my name, but on my profile page there is one.

4 Likes

When checking your profile I (as in, not you) can’t see a shield icon though.

4 Likes

So only I can see a shield, but only on my profile. Discourse is probably confused because I’m an admin but not a moderator.

2 Likes

I do see a shield when I check your profile.

1 Like

Then it’s probably only visible to staff (moderators and admins). Maybe this is some security feature that tries to hide who the admins are from normal users to not have hackers target their accounts.

2 Likes

I think it just means you’re an admin, Seregon and NickTheNick have the same shield on the dev forums (and i’m not a mod there afaik)

1 Like

I think it just means it’s a moderator or something (as I can see the shield for crodnu and Aquos), and that hhyyrylainen’s explanation could be correct
EDIT: We are idiots, apparently if you hold your mouse over the symbol, it says “This user is a moderator”
Whelp I guess that solves that

1 Like

It doesn’t on the profile page, neither on mine nor crodnu’s. So I still don’t know why the shield shows up.

1 Like

Shield machine br0ke?

1 Like

But… Didn’t you say you could see the symbol when you looked at your own profile screen?
Also, I do see the symbol on Crodnu and Aquos’ profile page tho

1 Like

I can see the symbol on my profile but when I hover over it I don’t get a tooltip saying why I have the shield. Like when I hover over the shield next to crodnu’s name in a post I see “This user is a moderator”.

1 Like