THE NEW Miscellaneous Talk That Doesn't Deserve A New Thread Thread Thread (Part 1)

Hey fellas, it’s me, the overlord of organisms.

It’s been awhile, has it not? I’ve been exploring the vast depths of the internet and have come back with hypothermia. Besides that, how’s Thrive going?

2 Likes

Ah yes, I have noticed a robo-rhombus shaped hole in the server’s activity. Well, there has been necro posts, new users, stuff like that. The next release may be releasing soonish, and I have been working on a new cutscene! Ya know, the usual stuff…

3 Likes

Nice, can’t wait to see the cutscenes. I’ve begun a few worldbuilding projects involving a thing called the Terran Compact, and I will soon be a big brother. I’m going to Florida in about a month, so that should be fun.

3 Likes

It seems stuff is doing pretty well. The miscellaneous thread should be called the “pleasantries and civility thread” instead.

You naive child,it is clear that your innocents is blocking you from reality

Hey Romb, look! I’m also Omnipotent! I challenge you to a bingo face-off to see who the real universal sovereign is…

For one, don’t necropost.

Second, you dare challenge me, mortal?

Grabs popcorn and a large cheese soda

If you’re here to challange my omnipresence, then i’ll make the extinction of the dinosaurs look like a tea party when I send your ass through the quantum realm.

If thou art silly enough to challenge me, then I shall make the tsar bomba look like a raindrop.
You cannot send me through the quantum realm, because

I HOLD OVER 2500 SHARES IN THE QUANTUM REALM
I PRACTICALLY OWN IT

1 Like

I do not intend to harm the Crustacean of Culture, for he is an ally, but the mortal being that calls himself equal to the likes of me is nothing more than soggy bread.

This just in: tensions are ramping up in the Miscellaneous Talk Thread!

1 Like

Oh, I thought you were talking to me. Nevermind then.

It’s alright, just this smick smackity trash talkity flesh boy who calles himself omnipotetent.

2 Likes

Ouch. I’m gonna need paramedics to recover from that career ending fatality of a burn. Perhaps I must admit defeat. RoboRomb is the Omnipresent overlord of all organisms, and I found out the hard way.

1 Like

I’d say, if this went on any longer I would put a stop to it my self.

Quick question… What is necroposting?

It means to post in a thread that has been inactive for a lengthy amount of time.
Once it’s older than a month, any new posts should have added something important to the conversation, rather than filler.
The older it is, the more important your post must be. When the thread is a year old at least, its usually frowned upon to post unless your new information absolutely must be said.

So what is a limit to just adding on ideas? A month or two? Or more a week? Because I wouldn’t like to do anything that is frowned upon but id still like to share my ideas with the community and devs about topics that I feel I can help in or at least the name of the thread pops an idea into my head that I’m confident in sharing.

Usually, as long as you have something to say that will actually contribute something meaningful to the discussion, necroposting is allowed. In a nutshell, just sharing your opinion without any new arguments is frowned upon, while new information that has not yet been discussed is good. (It’s best if the entire ‘aspect’ of an argument hasn’t been explored yet. I remember one thread where the requirements of hands was discussed for sentience and there were around 4 different posts going ‘but tentacles!’ / ‘but beaks!’ / ‘but etc.’, even though each of those arguments have the same general idea)

1 Like