THE NEW Miscellaneous Talk That Doesn't Deserve A New Thread Thread Thread (Part 1)

Hey, @Omicron, I still don’t understand if your profile picture comes from tumblr or if… well it will be quicker this way.

*double post
@hhyyrylainen, smite me

I crappily removed the head, but the Tumblr guy was before I joined the forum. (Yet the image is still older than it, and if he got it from here the resolution would’ve been… not great)

1 Like

Video explaining glitches, such as disco ball :

“Glitch! Glitch! Glitch! Ping! Ping! Glitch! Glitch! Ping! Ping! Ping!”

I always found this video hilarious. Something about the actor trying not to crack up and the absolute absurdity of the line.

5 Likes

Is it unethical to eat chips ahoy that were meant for people but I ate them by myself instead?

Edit: this should be in the moral questions thread

Update: I ate them all. If you witnessed the horrific accident that was me posting on the forums about my burnt hand that I acquired trying to get a cookie (bless all whose soul was lost that day), I think we can agree that cookies are bad for me. Which is why I will be boycotting cookies, thank you.

3 Likes

Two possibilities exist :

Either the wiki was raided by @KikyGames and @Rednascar11

or it was not.

Both are equally terrifying.

- Arthur (not)C. Clarke

I guess they would have tried to avenge themselves, it would make sense.

Image from XCOM : EU intro :

5 Likes

What should the color scheme of a world flag be?
I feel like the primary color would be one of these:
Blue, red or green.

This list from wikipedia shows a lot of different suggested world flags, and apparently a new suggestion has recently shown up:

6 Likes

Ever wonder what aliens would think of humans if they found our remnants but couldn’t patch our history, because of internet? They would analyse our ruins, texts and stuff, but notice a sudden drop of activity. Of course, not knowing about internet, they might assume we went back to primitivism, or martians killed us or something. (this is all assuming the aliens don’t have something similar to internet, whereupon they would just be disappointed about the knowledge they missed out on.)

5 Likes

…why would there be a sudden drop of activity? Sure, things like physical text isn’t used as much, but we’re still building massive buildings like high rise buildings and power generators and the like.

2 Likes

I think what @OmnipotentFNarr is saying is that aliens that didn’t understand our internet might think we all became a lonesome and disconnected society (not completely untrue).

1 Like

Isn’t that the Seed of Life?

3 Likes

Does anyone know if The Disturbance creature has a bio (like a description or something)? I’m just really curious if there was any external thought put into it.

(Reading this makes it sound like I hate The Disturbance, which couldn’t be farther from the truth)

2 Likes

That is the main inspiration, but the colours also signify something. (The blue at least stood for Earth being the blue earth, but what the white means I don’t know)

1 Like

i don’t think it has a bio, i might be wrong though

2 Likes

To be fair I thought it was a d*** at first too, but maybe that’s just my brain being a perv. Who knows.

1 Like

On my part, I’ve always seen it as worm-headed girl.

3 Likes

wait you mean @Omicron’s profile picture isn’t a d***!!! :crazy_face:
(jk knew it was a worm)

1 Like

ok @hhyyrylainen as you wish.

2 Likes

Let’s not start welcoming people who haven’t posted anything

1 Like