THE NEW Miscellaneous Talk That Doesn't Deserve A New Thread Thread Thread (Part 1)

That’s the power of moderators

1 Like

So there was a spammer?

No just a crappy meme

1 Like

I’m very quick to hit the delete post button.

5 Likes

You are a true dead eye indeed.

I’d like to add that any organism that enters the industrial stage and much more the spacefaring stage, would need developed visual organs.

2 Likes

Yay. I’m a user of the month, I don’t know what this means, but I like it.

2 Likes

It means that you’re super helpful and nice, or whatever. Just kidding, congratulations.

2 Likes
It means you got a badge. Too bad I couldn’t get it. Now, I never will, so lucky you!
3 Likes

How long have you been spacefaring?

1 Like

Hum, wait, I’ll check it out.

UPDATE:

1 Like

It means you were the best user who joined in the month that you joined. Or maybe it’s one of the best as it might be that a few users can get the new user of the month badge at a time.

2 Likes

From the badge info:

This badge is granted to congratulate two new users each month for their excellent overall contributions, as measured by how often their posts were liked, and by whom.

1 Like

https://community.revolutionarygamesstudio.com/badges/44/new-user-of-the-month
Kuvakaappaus%20-%202019-12-10%2011-14-15
:thinking:

1 Like

I feel like humanities tolerance for a spacefaring species would depend on what it is. If it was an insect like species then humanity would probably have a much more aggressive stance towards them. Same would probably go for a scary species that resembled lizards or snakes.

3 Likes

Knowing what we have on earth and how weird life can be, and how different planets have different conditions, the best description of what alien life would look like is bizarre.

1 Like

Not really, arthropods would more than likely be a universal life form. It makes logical sense, early predators have basic weapons so the easiest defense is to make a shell that they can’t break. What says one planet wouldn’t develop sentient insectoids.

1 Like

Ok, but how do you explain… most intelligent life forms on Earth? Octopi, crows, and humans don’t have any form of exoskeleton. Unless you are saying an exoskeleton is more efficient to life in space I don’t really see your point.

1 Like

steve is saying that most lifeforms would likely be arthropoid, he’s not just talking about intelligent creatures.

EDIT: i said insectoid, i meant arthropoid. isects are arthropods.

1 Like

Exoskeletons have one big issue though: They hinder growth. Intelligent species are likely around human size, due to the square-cubed law, (there’s still a lot of variance of course, but don’t expect elephant-sized creatures or insect-sized ones,) which means they’ll have to do a lot of growing from container to creature, (unless they hatch fully grown of course somehow,) forcing them to rather often shed their skin, wasting a lot of energy. (Which also makes it less likely for them to end up intelligent, due to the massive energy cost)

3 Likes