THE NEW Miscellaneous Talk That Doesn't Deserve A New Thread Thread Thread (Part 1)

Why would someone want to mute a topic?

If they don’t want to get notified by e-mail, for instance. Or if they turn out to be my victim of serial liking.

Anyway…

I’m currently increasing my artificial post count in Team Fortress 2 (grinding for the ‘Kill 1 million robots’ achievement), then I’m done with the game.

So I made simple program to look at some of the memory of my computer:

int main()
{

const int bytesToSee;

int byte[bytesToSee];

for (int X = 0; X < bytesToSee; X++){
std::cout << &byte[X] << " == " << byte[X] << '\n';
}

return 0;

}

and, TIL, memory is extraordinarily empty.

There is a near 100% chance that you are using an operating system that uses virtual memory.

As such the memory your program has access to is not physical RAM, instead it is a mapping specifically setup by the OS. So your program can only see the memory the OS has given it access to it, and that process all of the time includes clearing out the memory so that programs can’t snoop on each other’s data. There are specific operating system functions which allow you to access the raw physical memory, but that’s usually limited to processes running with high privileges, otherwise any old process could easily crash the whole operating system.

1 Like

Eh, computer science.

Anyway, I’m starting to learn how to create a gamemode for gmod and omg, Lua is so simple! I can’t imagine a more simple language.

nobody has been on this since 2019 im from the future

Please don’t post pointless replies in old threads.
Threads are kept open so that the discussion can resume in the future if someone has something good to add.

That means I can add to that “hunting in a pack” thread from one year ago and get feedback?

https://community.revolutionarygamesstudio.com/t/hunting-in-a-pack/1796/9

yes, as long as it adds to the conversation.

2 Likes

Necro-posting is allowed as long as it is relevant and the poster understands that the contributors to the thread before may no longer be around to reply and the interest may have dissipated.

So yeah as TeaKing said, there’s nothing wrong with necro-posting around here as long as you’re on topic. So don’t be afraid to post something on a thread that interests you. Who knows you might just revive interest in the topic.

2 Likes
Don’t worry @UlfarrVarg, I am quite one of the greatest necromancer of all time. And you can be my pride!

Just stay on topic.

1 Like

Thanks for the support guys, I really appreciate it.
I was thinking if it would be possible to recreate complex pack hunting in Thrive, such as the way wolves and chimpanzees hunt. By that I mean things like one individual pursuing the prey leading it to another individual, who is hiding, ready to surprise and attack the prey.

1 Like

Did you really think I would not deduce where you would go, insect?

—SHODAN, System Shock

@discobot quote

I said @discobot quote !

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

Dammit!

@discobot quote

:left_speech_bubble: The superior man is modest in his speech, but exceeds in his actions. — Confucius

1 Like
Today, I finished my post farming in Team Fortress 2. After all these years, I’ve finally gotten every achievement. I will miss TF2. It was a great game before the recent updates. It will never be forgotten.
EDIT: Geez, I wanted to put in the American Military Funeral Theme, but it made me cry.

Hey everyone, I’ve started streaming on twitch, where you can watch me create artwork and then discuss the design process behind it! Check it out here: https://www.twitch.tv/quantumcrabby/
I streamed earlier today, but forgot to turn on the autosave feature for videos. I’ll be streaming tomorrow though, so tune in then!

3 Likes
I think I’ll learn Blender 2.8 with Blender Guru each day. Anyway…

A new XCOM game is about to get released!

Oh no, not again blackjacksike! I thought you were done with XCOM!

XCOM: Chimera Squad! It’s a sequel to XCOM 2. After the Resistance won against the Aliens, the Overlords went away, but some troops still remains on Earth. Aliens and humans now have to work together to reduce chaos in cities.

I think you’re gonna ask…

@Omicron, what do you think about the new game?