THE NEW Miscellaneous Talk That Doesn't Deserve A New Thread Thread Thread (Part 1)

The prophecy…
is being fulfilled… :star_struck: :star_struck:
2 Likes

Have you ever wondered why the community forums are less active than the discord server for thrive?

Well, for me is because Discord is faster to start than the browser with the Forums.
And I usually read the forum in the PC.

I think it is because discord is already very popular in the first place and also it allows more lower quality posts (not like it’s a terrible thing tho.)

I had a dream about a movie about the origins of Pewdiepie. I don’t remember everything but there was that one scene where Pewdiepie was being chased by a group of armed people and a chopper in some old ruins. Then there was a series of 3 ladders standing upright betwen two ruins and Pewdiepie decide to jump on top of each one to get accross, making them fall on each other domino-style. And that was supposed to be the famous scene of the movie.

1 Like

You should have posted in the topic Weird/Funny dreams, but no problem for me, dont feel sad :sweat_smile:

1 Like
Warning. Warning. Security access compromised on YouTube.

I can’t imagine what it would be like to be the person to spend so much time developing Spore, so much time making it the ultimate simulation of the progression of life from cell to space empire, only for it to lose all of its initial identity for a much shallower game.

2 Likes

ikr
but thats why we are here, isnt it?
Lets grow, we are in the phase tardigrade: cryptobiosing and microscopic, a tardigrade walking in glass;
and we, fans, the mutualistic or passive bacteria.

and imagine a person spending so much time developing an open source game, so much time making it the ultimate simulation of the progression of life cell to space empire, but stay on our minds and internet, as a ghost.

depression intensifies

1 Like

Hopefully Thrive won’t go the same way as Spore did.

1 Like

Obviously not. Thrive philosophy was made because of Spore fail.
But i think the ̶j̶e̶d̶i̶ ̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶b̶l̶i̶n̶d̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶a̶r̶r̶o̶g̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶i̶m̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶q̶u̶i̶ ̶g̶o̶n̶ ̶j̶i̶n̶ ̶w̶h̶o̶ ̶s̶e̶e̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ the thrivists go to the other extreme, for example,
demanding too much of a game like that.
Ex.: People thinking about how a silicon based life would work in the game.
Do you seriously think that its ‘developable’?
Hope you understand what im talking about.

̶y̶e̶s̶ ̶i̶m̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶q̶u̶i̶ ̶g̶o̶n̶ ̶j̶i̶n̶n̶ ̶l̶o̶o̶k̶ ̶w̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶i̶m̶ ̶s̶a̶y̶i̶n̶g̶
̶s̶o̶o̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶j̶e̶d̶i̶ ̶c̶o̶u̶n̶c̶i̶l̶ ̶w̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶d̶o̶n̶t̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶m̶e̶ ̶
̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶i̶ ̶w̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶"̶d̶i̶e̶"̶(̶l̶e̶a̶v̶e̶)̶
̶a̶s̶ ̶q̶u̶i̶ ̶g̶o̶n̶ ̶i̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶ ̶s̶e̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶l̶e̶a̶v̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶s̶i̶d̶e̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶n̶e̶c̶e̶s̶s̶a̶r̶y̶
̶f̶o̶r̶t̶u̶n̶a̶t̶e̶l̶y̶ ̶w̶h̶e̶n̶ ̶i̶ ̶b̶e̶c̶o̶m̶e̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶c̶e̶ ̶"̶g̶h̶o̶s̶t̶"̶ ̶i̶ ̶w̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶a̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶f̶i̶l̶e̶ ̶p̶i̶c̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶w̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶s̶e̶e̶ ̶f̶u̶t̶u̶r̶e̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶p̶a̶s̶t̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶o̶n̶e̶.̶
the boy

is the chosen one

train him

in the programming arts

Well that was confusing!

1 Like

Do the moderators have a reason to exist? the only thing that comes to my mind is to mediate disagreements, and disagreements are not very common, afaik. And how some people become one?
Edit: i also think about the necessity of managing the forum, but idk if thats another title or doesnt exist and im crazy about having seen something about ‘manage forums because RG dont want to do it totally, especially when the forum becomes big’.

not that I’m implying wanting to be promoted to that, just curiosity

Sometimes the forums get attacked by spammers or someone makes memes or necroes or gives a “”"""“new”""""" underwater civ idea so the moderators intervene.

1 Like

The moderators exist for a number of reasons, but mostly just keeping things on topic, splitting threads into pre-existing ones should the discussion get out of hand, keeping unruly members under wraps, etc.

1 Like

The mods exist to as their role suggest to moderate the community so the forums won’t be infested with memes and low effort posts.

The Mods are my enemies (It’s a joke mods i respect your role in the community and i believe you’re an essential part of this forum).

Unrelated, but what has inspired you to change your profile picture @Nover452?

This image
T H E D I S T U R B A N C E I S D I S T U R B E D

1 Like

It was posted on a discord server

1 Like