THE NEW Miscellaneous Talk That Doesn't Deserve A New Thread Thread Thread (Part 1)

You should be more cautious, @LordLovat, as you have stepped into the territory of the Great Faceless Eye, who is more powerful than any sith lord…

That was your warning, I didn’t use the function to send you warning through discourse yet, which would permanently show up on your profile for all moderators looking at your profile.

2 Likes

Since Thrive memes are allowed here is a joke based achievement that I consider a meme

Hopefully this isn’t against the rules

something tells me that you’ve posted this meme some other times here…

I think I have

Like on the Thrive discord server and Deathbyseatoast’s achievement art thread

You did initially post it in the “right” place Achievements!

1 Like

@TeaKing how much posts do you have to read now?

idk, i need to complete the current game topic, then we’ll talk

Ok, you’re about done with your quest now

I understand

Wait… do memes count as “in-post jokes”? I always do puns and jokes in the post just if I already contributed in the same post, i never tell something like that just for saying. is this allowed?

Do the thrive memes you said count as the puns and jokes that are related with thrive that I do sometimes?

In fact, I have never seen anyone tell me these rules about memes and stuff, so Im probably a little lost.

Edit: I also understand if you get mad about some “hhyyrilainen-related” pun/ jokes, if thats also not-allowed.

I think Thrive memes are allowed

Can mods merge posts to a pm? I’m asking because I would like to merge a certain recent discussion to its dedicated pm.

2 Likes

I don’t think they can do that. :thinking:

Generally the rules on memes/jokes are as follows:

1. Avoid posting images, they take up space on the server (As far as I know, videos are ok)
  2. If you make a joke in text form, make sure it is not low effort or spammy
  3. Despite the miscellaneous theme of the new miscellaneous talk that doesn’t deserve a new thread thread thread, thrive related jokes are preferred
  4. Meta jokes relating to the forum are cool too
  5. Jokes relating to users are fair game as long as they aren’t hurtful
5 Likes

Yes, that is what I wanted to say

Also @blackjacksike where did you get your “the elders are retarded” joke from?

1 Like

Blackjack and Omicron got into a discussion about the intelligence of the tactics deployed by the Elders of the XCOM series, then Omicron called the Elders retarded and it stuck with Blackjack ever since.

1 Like

Oh I remember Omnicron… I wonder where he went…

1 Like

Thank you very much Crab, for clarifying it to me!

1 Like

This would be useful to add to the meta post about posting.

I have less than three hundred posts to go before I join RoboRomb, blackjacksike, hhyyrylainen, and QuantumCrab