THE NEW Miscellaneous Talk That Doesn't Deserve A New Thread Thread Thread (Part 1)

I have been wondering…
Political discussions are disallowed, but what about certain philosophical discussions? While not technically disallowed, would discussions like ethics, free will and political philosophy be against the spirit of the law? These topics tend to get pretty close to politics, but people generally don’t defend philosophical ideas the same way people would defend their political opinions, or religious views or favourite football team.

1 Like

I am not in the position to make an official statement but in my opinion it should be fine so long as it is entirely theoretical and also not a proxy for a given political system.

But discussing political systems is allowed? In terms of like what it says on Wikipedia. What is not allowed is debate about politics (which system is the best), because that devolves to nonsense very fast. If we had a community of people with at least a masters degree in social sciences, it would be doable, but we don’t so debating politics is not allowed.

I agree that debating which is best is a terrible idea, maybe even if half of us had masters is sociology or something, though I think discussing topics such as how game mechanics would handle democracy or whether beings that fill a certain niche would be more predisposed to communism should be fine, right? So long as it is more about thrive than the politics and no one is asking which is best I think we forum users are mature enough to handle political discussions.

I feel like that thread was already made: it was just a list of different societal ideas and a short list of some of their major attributes and what gameplay effect they could have. I’m too lazy to look that up right at this second.

I remember having been worried about that in the past. I have never closed my window since (it has a curtain, though, which is blocking the light at all times). Heating is overrated, a pajama, a blanket and a matress should be enough even for the winter, at least in a Mediterranean climate. What is bothersome is the heat by daytime in any season other than winter, but since I’m alone in my room, being topless is okay.

I finally muted the Forum Games category and I can finally live in piece.

3 Likes

I also forgot to mention that my room is in a stone basement, so dust might also reduce my affinity with oxygen or contain allergens.

Nemesis is coming to DbD.

I totally know my RE lore.

A spectre is haunting Europe — the spectre of Thrive™. All the Powers of the old video game industry have entered into a holy alliance to exorcise this spectre: Epic Games and EA, Sid Meier and Gabe Newell, old shareholders and brainwashed Candy Crush players.

1 Like

Hey guys, i was thinking of doing some adverstising for the game to get more skilled developers, donations, or just activity in the forums in general. I hope this isn’t a problem, since i heard it’s encoraged. (maybe we should wait until the game has more to show, so people don’t get disappointed?). Anyways, I could contact some small-medium youtubers (worth trying big ones but idk how that’ll go), post on some places like reddit, in a open-source subreddit, programmer, biology or just science, asking if they could be interested. But i’m afraid these would be seen as spam, or just not enough people would see. I plan to do it all at once to get the full reach. Could also pay for advertising, but i don’t have the money for it. Anyone know any way, strategy, have the money for paid, places to post in, or can just help in general? And by the way, did any non-dev (non-dev meaning that they didn’t use the Revolutionary Games channel or anything like that) ever try this? If so, how did it go? Did it get tracktion, a lot of new users?

From what i know it has been mentioned by some youtubers as a sort of “spore 2” and i know more than a few of us have been introduced to Thrive that way so it is a proven method, though that didn’t attract a huge community or anything.

I think the best we could do is to try and distance our image from spore, as a semi-popular 2000s game isn’t the best way to attract new fans (though completely giving up on this strategy is a bad idea).

1 Like

One of the things I seen is that people already heard about thrive but think that it is dead project

We developers have been pretty irregularly posting on r/INAT and r/GameDevClassifieds, so it would be preferable if you had some other places to talk about Thrive in mind.
Also it would be much better if you can post somewhere where you are active yourself (or at least really carefully read the rules regarding advertising there). I’m not aware that any community member had posted about Thrive (in an advertising kind of way) on a popular reddit.

Also, a few big-ish youtubers (more than few hundred thousand subscribers) have covered Thrive, so I don’t think it would hurt to suggest Thrive to other youtubers.

2 Likes

All videos of Thrive that I’ve seen have ‘Spore 2’ in tye title.

I agree with you, perhaps it may get some new fans.

i am not aloud to disclose why im being exiled I MEAN temporarily relocated to brazil.

2 Likes

Ok thanks for the suggestions. Any other idea please tell me.

Apparently. 0.5.3.2 is now 0.5.4.

1 Like

I wish i could pay the patreon to get the dev builds, but the dollar scalling to my currency is extremly high because of the pandemic :pensive:

:f:

Euro has the opposite problem: we pay our expenses (and future salaries) in euros, so whenever dollar falls, it takes out like 10% of our earnings. I’ve been thinking of switching the patreon membership goal levels be in euros to combat that, but I’m not sure if that is a good idea yet.